( search forums )
1023 x 768 Hi-res?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
peemonkey
October 27, 2005, 10:18 pm
this will never be programmed in, but hell, why not discuss it? may as well cover everything ;)

so, soldat is viewed in "fullscreen", it's blown-up but the image quality suffers a bit as it uses the same image. how's about michal codes it so that you can have windowed, with the current images, and "hi res", with images that are larger and higher quality, but since it's viewed in full mode, it's exactly the same in every way to windowed, but the gfx are better? sure it'd only work on the PC's with better gfx cards and the ability to go 1024x768, but it'd be helllla more pretty and more versitile for modders. and so that you dont have to have this feature, all the images are a seperate download, but the coding is part of the main download. that way you can check "high-res-mode, biatch", and it'll tell you "go download the massive images, yo." and all that fine schtuff.

once again, i know it's too much work and someone'll point out how it's impossible with the lag anyway. oh well, im bored, needed some typing practice.

Stern
October 29, 2005, 9:02 pm
Hell yeah, I'd do it. Besides, you wouldn't need that good of a gfx card to do 1024x768, and many people who play soldat would want to be able to play at higher resolutions. 640x480/800x600 is just disugsting on a monitor that runs natively at 1152x864.

mar77a
October 29, 2005, 9:21 pm
It's 600x400 all the way baby. Just get used to the "click-clicks" inside you monitor or play windowed mode. :

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 5:40 am
I think there's no need to remake all of the gostek graphics bigger (it would help modding deatil ALOT), but if we could atleast get that 1024x768 resolution with graphics at default size, man we'd see the whole map and our spec of a character in the middle.

peemonkey
October 30, 2005, 6:03 am
no tek. that'd be lame. im talking it's the same view size, just hella sexier.

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 7:09 am
Oh, so the the gostek wouldn't have to be changed, it would just look clearer? I like, yet wouldn't we then be able to see the blocky gosteks? haha. Atleast detailed mods won't look like crap.

Women character are also a good idea,
with woman voices, like the grunts and screams.

but their boobs will look like cubes!

also, this 30 seconds post delay its crap, i get the message even after 30 econds are up. I'm forced to edit!

GAMEOVER
October 30, 2005, 7:32 am
This should have been done way long ago, id love to hear from MM as to why its not. Its not that hard to do just put the little time into it. I know if this was my game I wouldnt leave 1 loose end.

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 7:40 am
Then we'll be able to see the pixels in the blood! lol.

SQAURE BLOOD! OH THE CLARITY!

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 7:45 am
and when Michal programs boobs in, we can see hi-res boobs.

edak
November 29, 2005, 11:55 pm
lol, i like the idea of higher res, as long as it doesn't give anyone a distinct advantage. it's just a bit annoying sometimes when the monitor has to switch resolutions constantly when in FS mode, and my monitor native is 1280x1024

Deleted User
November 30, 2005, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aIt's 600x400 all the way baby. Just get used to the "click-clicks" inside you monitor or play windowed mode. :

No clicks for me. I got a LCD flatsreen. Hi res would be beter though.
quote:and when Michal programs boobs in, we can see hi-res boobs.

Maps like that have already been made

FliesLikeABrick
November 30, 2005, 7:17 am
the idea of increasing game resolution has been discussed many times, and has been dismissed for just as many reasons as times that it has been discussed.

I'm locking this because this thread is exactly the same thing that it has been the last 3 or 4 times that I've seen it. If anyone has a problem with me locking it, PM me and whine and I'll do you the great justice of linking you to the search page to find the old posts about this.