( search forums )
Australias Contribution
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
Tyrs_Hand
October 28, 2005, 9:58 am
Ok a little while we sat back and had a go at making a mod where everyone's suggestions were heard and taken note. We ended up coming up with something like this. It never got onto a major public server but on the lesser home made servers we generally got good responses.

quote:USSOCOM
No change

D-Eagles
Increased damage - 1 hit kill if you can shoot them in the head with realistic, but still 3 hit kill to distinguish it from the spas and rugger
Added bink
Reduced reload

HK MP5
Increased fire rate
Increased self-bink ? Can?t kill so easily at range

AK-74 - Brought up to keep in line with the Steyr, MP5 and minimi
Increased damage
Decreased accuracy
Decreased bink

Steyr - You can actually kill people effectively with this now
Decreased damage
Increased fire rate
Increased accuracy

Spaz-12 - Shorter range but you can kill thinks quickly with it, since 1.3 removed all short range guns
Increased damage
Decreased range
Increased fire rate

Rugger 77 - Still 2-3 hit kill but it?s easier for people to hit with it, decreased firing rate to compensate
Increased accuracy
Decreased fire rate

M79
Decreased accuracy
Increased bink

Barret M82A1 - Made it harder to aim on the move, completely takes the fight out of the new people but good barret?ers can still kill with it.
Decreased rate of fire
Decreased reload
Increased bink

FN Minimi - Brought up to standard with the other autos
Increased damage
Decreased reload
Decreased accuracy

XM214 Mini-gun
Increased self-bink
Decreased reload

Flamer - Now worth picking up as a bonus, almost as desirable as a berserker to someone with an auto, but still is not a super gun that owns all
Doubled Damage
Decreased ammo
Gave reload time

Rambo Bow
-

Combat Knife - No longer one hit kill, it was the ONLY secondary people seem to use and we only got 2 complaints about it, and one was from a whinging sap. Basically makes it so people don?t carry around two one hit killers
Decreased damage

Chainsaw ? Doesn?t have the problem of almost killing people when you run through them but doesn?t negate the armoured vest
Doubled Damage

M72 LAW - It was useless, now it?s bearable
Decreased start-up time

Punch
-

Grenades - If you get hit by it you have an increased chance of dieing, not being bounced off it
Doubled Damage

Stationary Gun - Basically a strong minimi with no bink, might even get left on in servers now
Decreased Damage

I would like to point out that this is one of the more professional, if you will, communities in the region so nothing stupid was put into this list (IE: the m79 still shoots its shot and not an actual grenade).

Also, since some of us DON?T play in servers in America or Europe I?ve taken the liberty of posting a download link to it, so if people like the ideas present in this Community Project they may test them and may give comments on them for the official changes.
[url]
http://home.exetel.com.au/ozzy/project.ini
[/url]

To run this simply put it into your Soldat folder and enter loadwep project as a command into either your server manager or as an in game command.

As said above this is a community submission to save on the amount of moderating to do and to keep this forum clean and to the point, as well as so I dont have to basicly split it up into 18 different topics as each of the above are ballanced against each other.

DeMonIc
October 28, 2005, 10:13 am
Seems alright, but I think we should rather focus on the current beta setting than trying a new one.

My only concerns about this are that you gave the grenades even more damage (when they are perfectly balanced now, they don't kill on one hit because that's a balance issue, not a bug) and that you brought all autos to "meet the standard of other autos". That just seems funny.. why didn't you simply bring the overpowered ones down? Automatics are really fine (and most used in clan wars) at the moment.

Tyrs_Hand
October 28, 2005, 10:25 am
The autos got brought up because we didn?t know how to effectively balance the Barret or M79 in contrast with them, the Steyr was buffed because it desperately needed to be, and the rest of them were changed to fit into a niche. M249 is the spam able support one, high damage but lower accuracy, Ak-74 was turned into an assault rifle, MP5 was quickened to make it a nasty close range combat weapon and the Steyr was just buffed but is meant to be a precision shot that if you can aim, decks all, much like in 1.2.1.
Grenades are still not instant kills when you hit them in the torso either, only if you hit them in the feet of head.

You also locked my last topic so no one in my region is even going to get to try the current beta you have at the rate it is going.

Chakra`
October 28, 2005, 11:25 am
Heh...that was exactly our way of thinking, and what we did, for 1.2.1.