( search forums )
Camping!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
poizzz123
October 28, 2005, 12:53 pm
Im a camper... but no one seems to like when i defend my base/my flag
Define camping>>
One day i plaid CTF i ran near my base and if someone came i took a seat and shot the gust of of him but then he called me a camper and voted my kick..... thats just [CENSORED]ED up.
Camping is LEGAL, i didnt find anything about camping form the rules!!
Shooting barret need skills too, if any one dares calling a camper nood then thats just stupid, if the game doesnt allow camper they would eliminate barrets! But if i camp with a M79 then i should be kicked too?? Campers are the same plaiers who run around and scoring points for the team (BARRETS ROCK).
My favourite weapon is barret and im not a noob if i kill everyone of u who attack my base... [CENSORED]ing noobs if u cant kill a plaier with ur selected weaopn then u should consider picking another one what is more officient. Im the best in business. DEFEND THE BASE

Veronica
October 28, 2005, 12:58 pm
Welcome to Soldat fast action gameplay. Camping around the clockers belong on private servers either playing with other campers or with bots *moos on poizzz*

DeMonIc
October 28, 2005, 1:16 pm
Barret can be used for other things than camping. Barret is not noob.

However sitting down somewhere with the barret and playing Duck Hunt is newbie-ish, skilled players do not do that because they realise that it's a loosing tactic.

Captain Ben
October 28, 2005, 1:41 pm
Poizz, do you move when someone grabs the flag, or do you sit there and wait for your next shot?

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:11 pm
^^like every other camper out there/
As i say. Targets stay still, real soldiers dance.

Jap_man
October 28, 2005, 2:25 pm
I find anyone who complains about camping a sore loser, seriously, they should just accept the fact that Soldat being a shooter, will contain campers defending with Baretts. Ofcourse it will begin to get frustrating when it is abused, eg. Half the team camping around the base with Baretts.

But anyways, Poizz, you should ignore whatever other players say, for they really shouldn't affect the way you play Soldat via verbal combat, it's your choice to camp with a Barett, so do so. Though expect to take in verbal abuse from other players if you are camping along with two or three teammates.

some_random_loser
October 28, 2005, 2:39 pm
Camping in DM = Lame
Camping on assault (ie, spawn killing) = Lame
Camping on defence = Good

poizzz123
October 28, 2005, 5:51 pm
I think im a good defender i never let anyone pass me!(unless i have a [CENSORED]ty day)
No i dont stand on one place and shoot ppl, i move!
And i just dont get it??? If campers bother enemies so much, why dont they kill em???????
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!!

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:01 pm
I like campers. IF THEY DO THEIR JOB WELL.

If you are a good camper, and don't let many people past, you can camp all you want.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:39 pm
What about hiding? Especially with death match, when you can make most of yourself green and hide. I just say, if they walk over you without shooting or seeing you, it's their fault.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:48 pm
Blah, I hate campers when they're on my team and others. I feel that they're lazy, annyoing, and useless...

Truthfully, I think it's the easiest weapon to master, However...since I rarely use the damned thing my aim is off, all i need is a good warm up with it and I'll be good again...

I think way too much people just tries to master the barret since it's a long range one hit kill weapon. Once they get the movement accuracy down, they'll hardly ever miss. I don't care if it's apart of the game but I stand at where I say, The "masters" of the barret (and maybe the m79) Are way too fusterating. Meh, It also starts chain reactions among players. When an entire server of people arent using one hit kill weapons, then one guy starts (and has annoyingly good aim) then one person will get pissed and would want vengance. That one person will begin to use one, then ends up annnyoing another person...then it blows up into total vengance chaos...

erm...*cough cough* my bad I went a lil overboard with the ranting....

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 9:26 pm
Snipers are alowed to camp. And people on M2's (turets) are alowed to too. And Poizzz, if you like the baret, i've made a Rocket Sniper you can use. Just copy this into the weapons.ini (ini is configuration settings)

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=40
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=30
Speed=500
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0

It's still a little dodgey, but I reckon you'll like it.
It's got a quick fire rate, quick reload time, and no real skill is required (you can shoot acuratley in mid air even!).

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 9:51 pm
I used to camp, and my VERY good camouflage always made the other players (even good ones) wonder where the F*** I was :P

It was (and still is) hilarious to see campers that only have standerd green cloths that do not match to the bush colours at all with helmet and white skin and acualy expect to not be found :P

I STOPPED a long time ago because i finaly reallised how lame it realy is. But I still have the very same camouflage i had in my camping days as the all-bushey-green look has kinda become my image.

The colous in this picture are not quite the same as in soldat, the green is darker in my real soldat camo and i have 3 differnt colours for the legs, main etc instead of all one colour (apart from shading).
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=28057&whichpage=3

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 9:54 pm
I disklike campers if they just lay there and do nothing if flags taken. I dislike all campers actually. Their just people who have no real skill in the game.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 10:04 pm
Bots camp. And as soon as you see them once, you'll know that there there the next time.
The following should be alowed to camp:
Snipers
Turret operators
Law users
Flag defenders
Anything else and there either:
Crap players
Lame players
Bots
Idiots

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 12:51 am
anyone else realize that some noobs join the forum only to post a SINGLE topic that has a problem in it or an angry feeling aggenst a certain weapon that has already been over-posted about and/or is in the stickies???

on topic portion:
"Camping is LEGAL, i didnt find anything about camping form the rules!!"

oh where are these "rules" regarding soldat, or anyother multi-player game, and why don't i know about these "rules"???
my rules:
1 pwn
2 do everything in your power to not be considered "lame"
3 no camping (see rule 2)
4 no spawning (see rule 2)
5 no teamkilling (see rule 2)
6 no constant flooding the chat (see rule 2)
7 no screaming into a microphone on your desk (see rule 2) (if game allows a microphone)
8 stop playing long enough to take care of needs (food, hygine, ect...)
9 do not use the default name (majorkiller, major noob ect... is allowed)

just because section:
"in before the lock!" (^_^)

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderTheir just people who have no real skill in the game.

All I can type for this is, it's just not true. Camping is very different for realistic, so maybe thats why I don't mind it so much.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 1:50 am
Oh sooorry, but I never said anything about realistic. Maybe for survival its ok to camp? I dunno? But realistic? All that happens there is that someone can fly around and ruger people in the head, which is ok, but not to hard.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 2:05 am
Lol, lets see how you go up against the legion of camping barretarding brazillians. Drivenunder.

GAMEOVER
October 29, 2005, 3:32 am
You are a prime example of why the barret should be toned down some.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 3:53 am
Camping is legal, and so is vote kicking. I don't see the problem here.
And by your attitude... Hold on, let me speak in a language you might understand... ahem...:
STFU U [CENSORED]ING NUBE U CANT PLAY SOLDAT CAMPING W/ BARIT IS TEH EZIST THNG 2 DO NOW ACCEPT U SUK!1!!!1

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 4:04 am
Well duh is legal. Im just saying its dumb and useless. Unless your playing like 2vs 2 where you can just cmap outside and shoot at the person. If your in a good game full of people youll get OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD>

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 8:52 am
I hope this is not a 1-minute poster, because I do have some thoughts...

A) Camping is Legal, ill acknowledge that. Its also legal to dislike camping, and there are oh so many reason why to hate it.

B) If you've ever checked a server stats, the Barret is easily the most used weapon. Its so hard to use, it takes SO much skill, and the reload is SO EFFING SLOW yet people manage to make more kills with it then guns that can kill 2-3 people in one clip. I wonder why?

- As stated, its commonly chosen by newbies, because its generally the easiest gun to use due to its one hit kill, its popularity IRL, and the ease of use.

- A player with a barret can kill anyone, regardless.

- It is infact easy to use. What do you think is harder? Picking up a pair of Desert Eagles, flying around trying to dodge bullets while at the same time firing off bullets repeatidly and killing a guy in 3-4 hits, with respect to timing shots from the movement of BOTH players. OR, sitting still, and clicking targets that go by.

C) People hate camping because its lame. No one wants to be killed out of no where by an unknown force, and have it done repeatidly. Also, campers slow down their team. Yes, they're defending, but 1 camper cant do it alone, and could be better used supporting their team out in combat rather then hiding in a bush and annoying people every 3 minutes.

D) Fight fire with fire? Barret is already the most overused gun in Soldat and has been the most overused gun (To my knowledge atleast, if not, please correct me, im not a vet ;o). Using a barret to counter another only promotes the overuse of it even further.

I know EVERYONE has camped in their early days, I have (Against bots, never once against multi-p not knowing how lame it is), and im pretty sure you're still a newbie too. You'll learn some day the lack of skill required to use a barret, or even camp, every newbie has. I was told not to camp from the very start from a good freind of mine, and i took his advice. Take my advice, dont camp. Others may say not to listen, but im telling you now, you're better off getting unhooked from that bull[CENSORED] now, and being acknowledged as a versatile player of skill.

P.S. If you're not a newbie, you seriously have something wrong with you.

Jap_man
October 29, 2005, 10:23 am
Yes Extacude, disliking campers is legal and yes the Barett is easy to use, but it's arseholes like you that push around other players believing you have a right to change the way they like to play Soldat. Soldat is just a game, people like to enjoy it, how can anyone enjoy playing soldat when there's some idiot like you continuously insulting them and hassling them about their weapon of choice. Yes it can get annoying when you are constantly shot down by the same camper, but really, you should be able to live learn and adapt.
quote:Originally posted by Extacide
...People hate camping because its lame. No one wants to be killed out of no where by an unknown force, and have it done repeatidly. Also, campers slow down their team. Yes, they're defending, but 1 camper cant do it alone, and could be better used supporting their team out in combat rather then hiding in a bush and annoying people every 3 minutes.

If you are being repetedly killed by the same camper, sitting in the same spot, you seriously deserve to be repetedly killed because you fail to adapt to that certain situation. And if the camper is moving around, and repeatedly killing you, well that's more credit to the camper, for having the ability to quickly move camping spots, and confusing the opponent.
And also if one camper is unable to defend on his own, well perhaps that's a little hint to begin attacking in groups.
I know EVERYONE has camped in their early days, I have (Against bots, never once against multi-p not knowing how lame it is), and im pretty sure you're still a newbie too. You'll learn some day the lack of skill required to use a barret, or even camp, every newbie has. I was told not to camp from the very start from a good freind of mine, and i took his advice. Take my advice, dont camp. Others may say not to listen, but im telling you now, you're better off getting unhooked from that bull now, and being acknowledged as a versatile player of skill.
If you are going to say bull[CENSORED] like that, I don't know why he should even spend a minute to concider your opinions, seriously. Not everybody started off camping, not everybody began using the barret and not all barett users are innexperienced players. Not to mention you start insulting him, calling him a newbie because he camps. Then at the end of your post you tell him that there has to be something wrong with him if he's an experienced player, and doesn't mind to camp. I don't see why Poizz should even listen to you, seeing that you don't accept and respect his opinion and choice of weapon.
If you don't respect his opinions and choices, neither should he.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 12:44 pm
When I used to be a camper, I would often camp in a spot that was next to, and in view of a well known camping spot, so that when the player gets shot and sees the bullet come from roughly that direction, when he respawns he would then go to shoot and nade the well known camping spot and I will be me waiting for him with that camping spot in view, the player would then be confused because the noobish predicible camper was not in his favourite bush, I then shot him and I would then re-locate if i thought he knew where i realy was.

I found that medium-length grass was good because it gave a bit of extra cover and nobody knew where I was because normaly you can not hide in that grass without very good camouflage.

I know its lame now, but it was fun while it lasted as it was hilarious to head-shot someone and watch as they tried to vainly try and find where i was and then almost offend me by sugesting that i would actually be stupid enough to hide in a well known camping spot and not relocate.

xtishereb
October 29, 2005, 1:24 pm
Camping is fun. In the same way Duck Hunt is fun. When I'm in a bad mood, nothin' cheers me up like crackin' some .50s into an unsuspecting bot.

While camping is okay if you can do it effectivly, i.e. choke points, flags, turrets, spawn camping is bad. I was playing on inf_Moonshine, and this asshat on Alpha started spawn camping. He killed me and some of my teammates a few times before we finally wore down his health enough, as we only got in 1 or 2 shots with an auto. Then, he did it again. How can you avoid going to your spawn point? Another guy camped the other Bravo spawn later.

So, spawn camping is the lamest thing ever. It's one thing to run to Alpha flag when someone's got the black flag and attack the people there if it's at their spawn point, but another to stay there even when the flag has been returned. People get no chance to kill them, as the 1-hit-kill guns have a delay when you spawn with them.

On another note, after I kill a Barrett user or a Barrettard, I usually pick up thier gun. I also think that part in Project X where he stole the spawn camper's gun and killed him with it was the best thing ever.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 1:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old
...no spawning (see rule 2)
How the [CENSORED] do you play soldat without spawning?

Chonoryoku
October 29, 2005, 2:08 pm
Camping is a strategy, just not a very good one. It's perfectly fine... if you keep getting killed in the same place by the same person over and over, rethink your strategy.

If camping is really that bad, MM will put something in the game to stop it. :|

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 3:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old

it is easy, grab the flag and run like hell. if there is an efc than i shoot him, and return the flag as soon as posible. if for some reason someone is camping the base i shoot them, and the rest of the people trying to kill me.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 3:31 pm
Japman. Saying "Soldat is just a game" is incorrect. Soldat is my time. And with my time I want to have fun with it.
The reason you shouldn't use the barret is because you should RESPECT YOUR FELLOW GOD DAMN PLAYERS.
Please explain how you kill a camper when his bullet is one shot kill and kills you in about a tenth of a second. Yes, I used the barret in multiplayer seriously before. This is what I used for excuses:
"If I miss, I'm screwed."
And now I know that if a barretard misses, he can just pussy off and run like a [CENSORED] until his gun reloads. Oh and what's this? OMG THEY HAVE SECONDARIES AND GRENADES!! Leaving them with up to 3 one shot kill weapons (Alot of times with nades).
You'll see. Your awareness of soldat will mature, just like mine did. Just do yourself a favor and don't embarass yourself now.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 7:42 pm
All of these things are part of the game, camping and barrets, so we will just have to deal with them, even if you don't like them.

UGK
October 29, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder Their just people who have no real skill in the game.

Then you should be great at camping :D. Anyways like Meep said, camping in RS is very different. You have to listen for movement and hide really good. Don't stay in one spot because *whispers* some rs members spy *whispers*. :D

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 9:53 pm
I have no problem with the barret in RS. Infact, I support players on my team who use barret in RS. RS mode has the guns perfectly balanced. We just need a way to do that to normal mode >_<.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Yes Extacude, disliking campers is legal and yes the Barett is easy to use, but it's arseholes like you that push around other players believing you have a right to change the way they like to play Soldat. Soldat is just a game, people like to enjoy it, how can anyone enjoy playing soldat when there's some idiot like you continuously insulting them and hassling them about their weapon of choice. Yes it can get annoying when you are constantly shot down by the same camper, but really, you should be able to live learn and adapt.

Well, I like to play soldat too. Campers ruin the fun because again as I stated, NO one wants to be randomly killed by someone with no skill, hiding like a pussy in a bush because he sucks too much to do much else.

quote:If you are being repetedly killed by the same camper, sitting in the same spot, you seriously deserve to be repetedly killed because you fail to adapt to that certain situation. And if the camper is moving around, and repeatedly killing you, well that's more credit to the camper, for having the ability to quickly move camping spots, and confusing the opponent.
And also if one camper is unable to defend on his own, well perhaps that's a little hint to begin attacking in groups.

What? Who the hell said I died repeatidly to campers? I mentioned people dont like having that done. Such ignorance people have. Please, dont infer what you dont know, before fully knowing what I meant, moron.

quote:
If you are going to say bull like that, I don't know why he should even spend a minute to concider your opinions, seriously. Not everybody started off camping, not everybody began using the barret and not all barett users are innexperienced players. Not to mention you start insulting him, calling him a newbie because he camps. Then at the end of your post you tell him that there has to be something wrong with him if he's an experienced player, and doesn't mind to camp. I don't see why Poizz should even listen to you, seeing that you don't accept and respect his opinion and choice of weapon.
If you don't respect his opinions and choices, neither should he.

I dont care if he respects my opinions and choices, because frankly, if you interveiw every player whos ever played soldat, and asked him what his first weapon and first tactics were, dont be surprised at the answer.

Regardless, I doubt he'll even visit these forums again. Jap man, you're the most camping supportive player ive ever met on these forums, giving me reason to beleive you're not much different, regardless of whether you camp or not. The problem with soldat today, is that there are too many one shot kill [CENSORED]s, whos opinions about them outnumber actual players opinions.

I rarely make comments to my death to a barretard now, but it still pisses me off. IMO, barret should be removed from soldat completely. Its just the lamest gun ive ever come across in any shooting game.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 1:10 am
You're not supposed to respect others opinions. That's what makes them opinions. Barret takes skill. But seriously, what's more to learn other than angles with the barret? Once you get the angles down you are down right impossible to kill. However, camping with barret doesn't take more than lining up your reticle to the enemy. I don't care how much you "pwn" with the barret. You shouldn't use it because you should respect your fellow players.

Another thing, this is a 2d game. I'm sorry, but I think one shot kill guns shouldn't exist in any multiplayer 2d games.

The Geologist
October 30, 2005, 1:29 am
Extacide, you ruin a game of Soldat more than any camper I've ever seen.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 1:58 am
I must admit, one hit kill weapons work (slightly) better for a full 3D game...

All this talk of one hit kill weapons reminds me of UT2004. Ah, that Redemmer. A big [CENSORED]ing nuke with a huge blast radius. Easy to take down 5 people with it. But it spawns in the most difficult places, has one bullet, easy to commit suicude, and is the slowest moving rocket ever...Wait a minute...why the hell am I thinking about UT NOW?

Jap_man
October 30, 2005, 2:00 am
Well, I like to play soldat too. Campers ruin the fun because again as I stated, NO one wants to be randomly killed by someone with no skill, hiding like a pussy in a bush because he sucks too much to do much else.

Oh gosh, ever thought to think about somebody else for once in your life. No player wants to be abused or called a n00b due to their weapon of preference. Nobody likes to be insulted due to your lack of skill to even put up a real fight and ability to get over something so small.
What? Who the hell said I died repeatidly to campers? I mentioned people dont like having that done. Such ignorance people have. Please, dont infer what you dont know, before fully knowing what I meant, moron.

I wasn't talk to you directly, I was talking in a general sense, you know there ARE other people in the world apart from yourself extacide.
I dont care if he respects my opinions and choices, because frankly, if you interveiw every player whos ever played soldat, and asked him what his first weapon and first tactics were, dont be surprised at the answer.

I rarely make comments to my death to a barretard now, but it still pisses me off. IMO, barret should be removed from soldat completely. Its just the lamest gun ive ever come across in any shooting game.

Well, what you are saying about Barret users is like me saying you should not be allowed to play Soldat because you are totally insulting to other players and you are the "lamest" player I have ever come across in any game because of your lack of tolerance and respect to people who have different opinions and choices to you. Ofcourse me saying you are not allowed to play Soldat because of them reasons is truly ridiculous, as with your claims that Barett should be removed from Soldat for similar reasons. You shold try to be more tolerant and be more accepting, rather than being a sore loser.
Regardless, I doubt he'll even visit these forums again. Jap man, you're the most camping supportive player ive ever met on these forums, giving me reason to beleive you're not much different, regardless of whether you camp or not. The problem with soldat today, is that there are too many one shot kill s, whos opinions about them outnumber actual players opinions.

Extacide, I don't camp, I don't use barret, I just believe idiots like you, who believe that they posess the rights to call people "n00bs", idiots and try to change other player's opinions should shut the [CENSORED] up and leave them alone. And because of this you're calling me inferior to you? Piss off, seriously, if you believe that a players respect should be judged by their weapon of choice you seriously need some self-reflecting to do. Players who use barrets' opinions are as valid as everyone else's opinions. They are Soldat players, are they not, they play in the same server, do they not? All they seem to do wrong is piss you off because you are not a tolerant player.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:03 am
Yes... but in all 3d games there is usually a catch to alot of one hit kill guns. For instance:
AWP (CS)- Costs hella alot of money. Needs MUCH more skill than the barret. Not OSK to limbs.
Sniper rifles in Battlefield- OSK only to the head. A FIXED SCOPE.
Quake style games- OSK guns need to be collected.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldquote:Originally posted by Dezonusquote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old

it is easy, grab the flag and run like hell. if there is an efc than i shoot him, and return the flag as soon as posible. if for some reason someone is camping the base i shoot them, and the rest of the people trying to kill me.

Umm....you need to spawn at the start, just in case you didn't realise.

Captain Ben
October 30, 2005, 2:30 am
Campers, in most cases, get me frustrated, but I'll make sure to vent my anger out by geting them sometime. It adds to the satisfaction when you kill them with their own gun :D But in some cases, like the Alpha team on Inf_Fortress camping around the camothing, just because blue keeps running down there, is kinda pointless.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Jap_man
Oh gosh, ever thought to think about somebody else for once in your life. No player wants to be abused or called a n00b due to their weapon of preference. Nobody likes to be insulted due to your lack of skill to even put up a real fight and ability to get over something so small.

Uh...Yeah I feel like cutting in and saying something...

Honestly, I really don't think a person sucks because they can't handle expert snipers. It's rather difficult to go against people like that *looks down as sig and sighs*. As soon as you're visible to those expert snipers...you're DEAD. Like immeditaly dead, as in ~not getting the chance to fight~. You really hafta admit the barret needs to be toned down a bit. I would see a sniper up in the sky, then proceed in assulting the hell out of him. Now i can see just about every bullet reachs the target...but the guy will still manage to snipe me no prob. Bink hardly does us any justice, it feels as if it doesnt exist...

I really can't say its possible to even put up a fight when you can't even get the chance to do so.

Jap_man
October 30, 2005, 2:49 am
Well, when I said that, I kinda meant that rather than getting killed by an 'expert sniper' and start insulting him, take an alternative route, or form some sort of plan to get rid of him etc. When you think about it, that is the best thing to do if there is a sniper waiting for you is to do something about it, rather than calling him a 'camping n00b' etc.

A good way to get rid of snipers is to go with another player towards them, a sniper will rarely get a double kill, with a single shot from the Barret. So if, the sniper hits one player, the remaining player can find the sniper, and kill him quickly between the sniper's reload. Doing this, is much more useful than insulting other players.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 3:00 am
...And If I like going Solo or playing Deathmatch...

I don't like going through a total inconvenience to take down one friggin sniper who has never heard of the simple little word "miss" -_-

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 3:14 am
Well, you need to fight fire with fire. If he's sniping you, you should snipe him.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 3:18 am
Then that leads to kiddy sniper wars, which is no fun at all.
About the charge with two people thing... Someone still gets killed. If you take 3 evenly skilled people, and have 2 charge one of them, that one will die and the two should live. But with barret? One will die. Or worse, both of them.
You guys have to admit it's uneven and is without any disadvantages.

WarCry
October 30, 2005, 4:40 am
Why do people really care about campers one thing i have noticed is that the people camping normally get the crappy score. But for the skilled players who can run around useing a barret... They are the most annoying soldat players ever they either shoot and you die or they miss and run off b4 you can kill them and reload and shoot again!! stupid barrets

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 5:19 am
Its near impossible steal a flag with a barret, they shoot, use no knife or socom, and attempt to reload in hopes of killing another, while everyone with autos blows them away. A barret only kills a person every 3-4 seconds, and you don't get second chahnces.

The only way to beat campers is to get sniped, find out from where, then next time aim at that point, even if its offscreen. Or just overload them with some team mates at yoru side, they only get one shot.

That's why barret campers=/=good ctfers. They should stay on INF on blue team.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 8:44 am
How to stop snipers:
Make a mod where all other weapons are overpowered, and the sniper sucks, or blows you up, or fires backwards :).

WarCry
October 30, 2005, 8:54 am
or even better make a mod that when you crouch or go prone with a barret they blow up and go flying all over the map then they cant hide and camp anymore ;}

Karvinen
October 30, 2005, 10:07 am
quote:Originally posted by WarCryWhy do people really care about campers one thing i have noticed is that the people camping normally get the crappy score.

I have won many DMs by camping with barret.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 11:13 am
Snipers hve the advntage of stelth.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 11:17 am
They also have the advantage that their bullets keep going.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 4:45 pm
Uh... Duh?

lithium
October 30, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoThen that leads to kiddy sniper wars, which is no fun at all.

What the...how could you forget our magical night in U13 together, zamb? How could you?

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 6:29 pm
We were being noobies, and we succeeded.

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 6:30 pm
man.. how you play is up to you.. if you wanna camp, fine with me! I can understand why you would wanna camp near HQ, it's freakin defence! those games, where you can just go right in and take the flag? those are boring! It's much more fun when it's actually hard to cap.! Also, it's much more realistic!
Sure it can be irritating when people camp, but hey, never mind.. i mean, so what? it's really their ucking problem right..
anyway, just thought i'd drop by with my opinion..

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:02 am
The most intolerant player? I used to be that, I beleive ive toned myself down to the point you rarely hear it ingame. Besides, Im sure I could name alot more players that are alot more intolerant then I am of campers. If you're so intent on saying im such a lame, intolerant player, you've never even seen me before ingame. I never, or rarely even insult anyone, regardless of whether they're just whoring an osk gun, or camping. Ill mention camper once they get frustrating, and I leave if it becomes a trend in the server.

If I get the chance, ill spawn any campers. Camping can be just as annoying as spawning, and if they like killing me instantly, then they can die instantly, until they leave the damn server and learn to play the game like it was made to be, and use the other damn guns Michal provided them with. (And no, dont even mention my disrespect of their weapon choice, because frankly, if they're choosing the strongest gun in the game thats also the most overused, they dont deserve respect for it).

And you know what? Its not even CAMPING that pisses me off, its the damn gun. As mentioned above, you can be killed, ON SIGHT with it. If you take the 2nd route, he still has an advantage of still being able to kill you instantly. If you avoid them, they manage to hit you in the back when you have the flag on your way out, and this ALWAYS happens to me. And in the instance of binking them with a gun, its quite ineffective. From my experience, i managed to kill an Hker, midranged, 10 consecutive times with a full clip in a barret through the bink.

As much as I love soldat, as much as I worship michal for creating it, Barrets are just a thorn in everyones ass. Maybe not for you, maybe not for other barretards (Quite honestly, it doesnt tick you off as much to die to a barret when you wield one yourself), but they are for others. I have my opinions, and if I just keep silent and give the inference that im 100% fine with this version of soldat, then no changes will occur. Even if my suggestions arent used, they're getting out there as a slight possibility.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:18 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideBesides, Im sure I could name alot more players that are alot more intolerant then I am of campers.

Me.
And it's fun spawning barretards when their gun needs to wait before they can shoot :D

Pigtard
October 31, 2005, 12:38 am
I use barret occasionaly, and whenever I do I always rush with it, I never camp unless I'm bored, and I change my name and look for a server with sniper line enabled...

Rach
October 31, 2005, 12:43 am
Id say camping is just fine. if you can shoot a baret at a jet packing dude 20m away then your no noob.

Algernon
October 31, 2005, 1:24 am
there's nothing wrong with camping as long as it is done correctly. base camping with a barret can be highly effective, however standing next to your flag with a MG and exploding does nothing but harm. the best defence is a strong offence and CTF is a game of offence. i don't know how many times i've seen a team get throughly beaten due to camping. base camping can weaken or criple the rest of your teams offence. without an offence you're going to loose. you can't expect to win CTF unless you Capture the Flag.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by RachId say camping is just fine. if you can shoot a baret at a jet packing dude 20m away then your no noob.

Im sorry to say, but thats an extremely easy to make shot. If you cant make that easily, then you do suck.

@Algernon

Thats exactly correct. Camping does nothing for your team except provide yourself with easy kills and annoy the living hell out of others.

Regardless, its lame.

Echo_Trail
October 31, 2005, 3:10 pm
Dude... camping can be excelent defence.. in a ctf game or so..
And it is very effective in htf games.. like an assassin or something!
otherwise i agree with you..

Captain_Jimbo
October 31, 2005, 8:14 pm

The only time Camping becomes legittimately annoying is on RS mode when the last two "defenders" watch the seasons change waiting for the other to make the first move.

- Tek -
October 31, 2005, 8:21 pm
Here's the easiest way to stop snipers hiding in bushes. Mod your barret textures to show a large pink square. You'll pick em out of the bushes any time.

Echo_Trail
October 31, 2005, 8:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo
The only time Camping becomes legittimately annoying is on RS mode when the last two "defenders" watch the seasons change waiting for the other to make the first move.

I agree.. man take it easy you guys! It's not like its a crime..
And as our friend, -TEK-, so nicely pointed out just above, all you whiny [CENSORED]es have to do, is adjust the interfaces a bit.. so whipe away your tears and start modelling the pixels..
That is, if you don't just practise and get good enough to take those snipers out the ol'fashioned way..

well, bye
echo out

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 11:58 pm
Echo, I doubt you would even think to do that yourself quite honestly, so please, stop inferring we're all idiotic whining babies. No, some of us have some intelligence, kkthx. Btw, I beleive some of us have enough skill to eliminate inept campers, we beat them, doesnt mean we like them. They're relatively easy.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:29 am
Modding the gun to make it easier to see seems kind of cheap. If you don't see them hiding in the bushes, in normal mode even, it's more your fault then theirs.

tRaQs
November 1, 2005, 2:43 am
quote:Originally posted by SDFilmI used to camp, and my VERY good camouflage always made the other players (even good ones) wonder where the F*** I was :P

It was (and still is) hilarious to see campers that only have standerd green cloths that do not match to the bush colours at all with helmet and white skin and acualy expect to not be found :P

I STOPPED a long time ago because i finaly reallised how lame it realy is. But I still have the very same camouflage i had in my camping days as the all-bushey-green look has kinda become my image.

The colous in this picture are not quite the same as in soldat, the green is darker in my real soldat camo and i have 3 differnt colours for the legs, main etc instead of all one colour (apart from shading).
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=28057&whichpage=3

Oh what fun it is facing you in my bright colours, and you still camp :P

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:01 am
-Tek-, that's what I have been doing for ages, I can tell a barret from teh half of most maps..

(big long line sticking out the end)

It's not cheap if they don't find out.

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:34 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideEcho, I doubt you would even think to do that yourself quite honestly, so please, stop inferring we're all idiotic whining babies. No, some of us have some intelligence, kkthx. Btw, I beleive some of us have enough skill to eliminate inept campers, we beat them, doesnt mean we like them. They're relatively easy.

dude, just bacause u have like 10 times as many posts as i do, don't mean i can't play soldat.. i played it for about 2 years now, ok! i just got to the forums some days ago, and allready i'm getting sick of guys, who just bacause of their many stars see themselves as better players than others..i posted a topic 2 days ago called "true players", asking how whether people play more than they are on forums, or the other way around.. you should read it, chap!
but hey, if you really doubt it, i'd be happy to go 1 on 1 with you.. just like.. a friendly match - no hard feelings, no prejudices! what do you say?

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 8:28 am
OT: Ill continue this on PM.

Algernon
November 1, 2005, 8:43 am
getting back on topic... i really hate it when a team is getting owned so they willing do themselves in by retreating to their flag and then just stand there and try to defend it. it's CTF. standing there defending your flag without any form of offence = you lose. another time camping ticks me off is when my team has captured the flag and the opposing team has ours. we'll end up with a bunch of players base camping with the allied flag carrier to defend him. that's really narrow minded considering the best option is to launch a strong offence and get our flag back. you really can't do much with their flag unless yours is returned. camping can be a good tactic and i do employ it. barret camping your flag in defense can be highly effective, especially if you're well hidden. i'll base camp the opposing teams base if i'm waiting for the flag to respawn. i'll also camp in their base if they have my flag and are on they're way to score. instead of making off with their flag i'll camp with OSOK weapon, kill the EFC just before he can score, return my flag and make off with theirs.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:59 pm
It's part of the game, so try to get used to it. They won't stop.

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:05 pm
as easy as that...

Lolly
November 2, 2005, 8:05 pm
Camping is hard.

For some reason, when hiding on a ledge or under a bush with a barret, I can never get a kill. However, when I'm boosting in the air, I can easily kill one person per shot I make.

Odd.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 8:08 pm
I guess you just over aim. I do that too.

Chonoryoku
November 2, 2005, 8:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Algernongetting back on topic... i really hate it when a team is getting owned so they willing do themselves in by retreating to their flag and then just stand there and try to defend it. it's CTF. standing there defending your flag without any form of offence = you lose.Unless it's true defensive camping--that is, camping while 2 or more caps ahead.

Im still think camping is'nt a good tactic though, unless you know how to take down an auto with a Socom.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:01 am
Problem with camping is, if you're sitting on your ass defending, people are going to constantly barrage you with heavy assaults, you can't take them all down at once, and also, your meds will dissapear. Like I said, your much better off grabbing a supportive gun, or just using the barret intelligently and getting up and supporting your teammates to try to secure an even larger lead.

Whats more guarenteeing of a win? Base camping, or capping even more and putting a 2 point lead up to a lets say a 5 point lead?

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 3:22 am
The point in emphasizing defense when you're 2 caps ahead is that the enemy is far less likely to cap, whereas continuing an offensive leaves your team with a weaker defense, and thus the enemy team is more likely to score a cap themselves--a risk that's too high to justify trying to get three redundant caps that will only be of any use in the event that the opposing team scores a few times, which isn't likely to happen if you just go with the defensive strategy. So, unless you want your team's collective e-penis to be that much bigger than the opposing team's, it's kinda pointless to take any chances.

Of course, if you're gonna base camp, ya gotta do it right too; the barret is not a good choice for base camping, due to it being a long-range, slow-reloading gun. Camping your base requires something that deal with closer quarters and multiple targets, such as the ruger. DEs are also good, since you can use the bullet curve to your advantage, and the shotgun has good stopping power and is lethal in places where space is tight and a near face-to-face confrontation is likely. Of course, there are often circumstances where you may be allowed more freedom, though.

Going prone is also a bad idea since it makes you less responsive in a position where you need to be able to react very quickly to whatever may happen. Crouching is a much better alternative, and will let you get the most out of crates and other cover.

Additionally, one must choose a weapon that compliments the other defenders'. If there happens to be someone using a barret to pick off lone targets and soften up groups from afar, then don't use a barret. If lots of people are using single-shooters, grab a minigun to supply support fire. If your teammates are having trouble keeping the enemy out of the base, then try using the barret to soften up incoming offensive waves before they reach the base.

It's also good to have a team member around the middle of the map (and preferrably mobile) for recon/intelligence purposes--letting the defense know how to optimize their positions and such in order to best neutralize the next incoming wave of attackers. If you've got enough people, then even putting a scout on each route can streamline and optimize your defenses to the point that they're practically impossible to break... A great game of infiltration (inf_warehouse) I played a long time ago comes to mind.

Ah well, it's all a matter of personal preference in the end, though. I suppose it matters whose personal preference it is when you're talking clans, but on public servers no one ever succeeds in getting any real teamwork going anyway, so it doesn't even matter; in the end it's all a bunch of theory, so no one is right or wrong to begin with.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:18 am
Yeah, in clan matches, camping is done professionally. o.o;

But regardless, the best offense can make the best defense. If no one can breach the oncoming offense, then there is no need for a defense. Camping can slow all that down, and give the enemy the chance to get into the base. DEFENDING, as the term goes when you're not sitting with a barret, people usually stay in a spot where they can intercept from any point that leads to the base, rather then stay in the base, being to score a point, the first step is to grab the thing. If they touch it, theres too many possibilities of getting away with it. I know, ive seen too many. :F

Kaider
November 4, 2005, 6:53 am
There are times when I've been called a camper when this happens:

I see enemy fire coming from behind, in front,above,or below me,so I hide somewhere.The enemy passes by and I take them out with my leet stealth.

I try to explain to them that I hid for a second because I saw incoming fire,but they call me a CAHMPER NUB11!!!1

This has unfortunately happened multiple times.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:57 am
quote:Originally posted by KaiderThere are times when I've been called a camper when this happens:

I see enemy fire coming from behind, in front,above,or below me,so I hide somewhere.The enemy passes by and I take them out with my leet stealth.

I try to explain to them that I hid for a second because I saw incoming fire,but they call me a CAHMPER NUB11!!!1

Technicly you were camping. Camping is mainly sitting in 1 spot, hiding and waiting for an enemy to come to YOU. I do this all the time, except with knife. Very funny as well. I'll hide behind a post and a guy will walk by and - BAM!

Echo_Trail
November 4, 2005, 8:26 am
but, it is also fair enough.. This hole camper tabu thing i wack! people just calls u camper because they get nailed..
and kaider, to reply on yours.. camping is said, bacause it's like, when u sit at the same spot for a long period of time, u might as well just set up a trailer and make a camp.. and u weren't there for a very long time.. u were just making a trap! i think camping is just ok..

whenever i get nailed by a camper, i'm just more careful the enxt round! it's really not that hard!
Sorry about my english though..

vash763
November 4, 2005, 8:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Originally posted by KaiderThere are times when I've been called a camper when this happens:

Technicly you were camping. Camping is mainly sitting in 1 spot, hiding and waiting for an enemy to come to YOU. I do this all the time, except with knife. Very funny as well. I'll hide behind a post and a guy will walk by and - BAM!

Exactly Extracide. I completely agree with you.

The thing you need to understand Kaider, is that camping isn't bad. Camping is a legitament strategy that can be utilized to get a kill on your opponent.

If they can't take you out, it's there problem. If you do it all the time, and you're kicking ass, keep doing it (unless you want to switch it up).

It's all personal preferance. People are going to give you [CENSORED] for any weapin you use. Some more than others though.

Echo_Trail
November 4, 2005, 8:44 am
that's about the most exact explenation i've ever heard.. simple, but steady! i guess this concludes the matter at hand.. GJ vash..

Some mod.. please lock this topic!

¤JOJO¤
November 4, 2005, 12:23 pm
Stay in unique place is camping (with barret, m79 or other weapons !)
Dont camping is to move ! So i hate the guy who are hidden in a bush and stay for some enemies !!! <<< that sucks !

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Originally posted by KaiderThere are times when I've been called a camper when this happens:

Exactly Extracide. I completely agree with you.

The thing you need to understand Kaider, is that camping isn't bad. Camping is a legitament strategy that can be utilized to get a kill on your opponent.

If they can't take you out, it's there problem. If you do it all the time, and you're kicking ass, keep doing it (unless you want to switch it up).

It's all personal preferance. People are going to give you [CENSORED] for any weapin you use. Some more than others though.

Um wait hold on hold on.

If you want to be technical, a one shot killer you dont kick ass with. The fact that it kills instantly and gives no chance for survival removes any termed ass kicking or pwnage with it.

The fact they cant take you out, is because you're using an over used, over powerful gun that imo should be removed alltogether.

And Vash, thats really what you need to do. Support people to camp some more, and to keep in a newbish style of gameplay. Good job my freind, for helping the community progress.

frogboy
November 5, 2005, 6:33 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtracideGood job my freind, for helping the community progress.
Whining about it also helps the community progress.

vash763
November 5, 2005, 7:19 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by ExtracideGood job my freind, for helping the community progress.
Whining about it also helps the community progress.

Thank you frogboy. See kaider (or anyone else), you're going to get whining for any weapon you use. I was being called a sprayer earlier for using the Minimi on an RS server, so I switched to the M79 and all of a sudden the M79 is overpowered also.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 8:43 am
Didnt whine, I corrected him with facts.

LazehBoi
November 5, 2005, 9:28 am
I'm finally bored enough to post in this thread.

quote:Originally posted by ExtacideIf I get the chance, ill spawn any campers. Camping can be just as annoying as spawning, and if they like killing me instantly, then they can die instantly,

But then you're spoiling the fun they get out of camping by doing something lame! Now you're as bad as they are. I don't see why they should care that they're doing something you consider lame if you're going to do something even you consider lame to make the situation 'equal'.

quote:until they leave the damn server and learn to play the game like it was made to be
quote:The fact they cant take you out, is because you're using an over used, over powerful gun that imo should be removed alltogether.
Mmhmm.

If winning is all that matters to you, you should be using a barret too, seeing as it's as great as you make it out to be. I mean, if a week-old player can be that good with it, imagine a good player like yourself!

If playing for fun is all that matters to you, why are you getting pissed off that you lose to a person so easily?

quote:in the instance of binking them with a gun, its quite ineffective. From my experience, i managed to kill an Hker, midranged, 10 consecutive times with a full clip in a barret through the bink.
So if it's that good, use it more. If you don't want to do that, you should stop playing the game because it is a degenerate, and hope it changes.
On that note, pretty much everyone who knows you knows you hate the one hit weapons, so it's only pissing everyone off to hear you repeat the same points over and over again.

If you're 'playing for fun' and get pissed off because you get killed by someone in a cheap way, you're annoyed because you aren't winning. Therefore, you're simply one of the people who play to win. If you are playing to win, then you should be using the most effective way. You shouldn't be whining that you aren't winning if you aren't going to use every single thing possible to your disposal.

vash763
November 5, 2005, 10:24 am
wow lazy, that really covered everything under the sun.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 12:06 pm
quote:But then you're spoiling the fun they get out of camping by doing something lame! Now you're as bad as they are. I don't see why they should care that they're doing something you consider lame if you're going to do something even you consider lame to make the situation 'equal'.

You see, im trying to take a logical approach at all this. At first, I couldnt stand them, I said noob and omfg you [CENSORED]ign noob, etc...at any death to them, cussed them to hell, did anything I could to make myself look like an idiot unintentionally.

Of course, I picked up that only provoked them to toy with me, and being I wasnt too great back then, it only pissed me off more. So, I just shut up. Making a fool out of myself isnt going to make them stop, not doing anything isnt going to make them stop, so obviously, not letting them have fun, its rather funny when they yell "OMFG STOP SPAWNING ME YOU JERK!!!111" and i just laugh and continue, and tell them to stop camping and ill play fair. I learned the hard way, so can they. Wow....im effed up. O_O;

Well, enough of that, it isnt about me not winning. Its about being stopped from having fun. You can have fun having competition against good players, until BAM, some new player with the easiest gun just kills you. That is, no fun. The fact there will always be them, just ruins the fun, unless you're playing in organized games. Im not going to be playing them 24/7, so just Bah.

I know none of you care to hear my life story towards a topic all of you are annoyed to hear, but you all infer im some moron who doesnt know how to play, gets owned by the osk's, talks his head off at players like that, I dont.

BTW

You play games to BEAT them. Everyone plays to win, EVERYONE, simply playing means your competing with others to win. The fun comes in while you're doing so. kkthx And yes, I do use everything. I practice every weapon, some more then others, some less.

LazehBoi
November 5, 2005, 7:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:But then you're spoiling the fun they get out of camping by doing something lame! Now you're as bad as they are. I don't see why they should care that they're doing something you consider lame if you're going to do something even you consider lame to make the situation 'equal'.

You see, im trying to take a logical approach at all this. At first, I couldnt stand them, I said noob and omfg you [CENSORED]ign noob, etc...at any death to them, cussed them to hell, did anything I could to make myself look like an idiot unintentionally.

Of course, I picked up that only provoked them to toy with me, and being I wasnt too great back then, it only pissed me off more. So, I just shut up. Making a fool out of myself isnt going to make them stop, not doing anything isnt going to make them stop, so obviously, not letting them have fun, its rather funny when they yell "OMFG STOP SPAWNING ME YOU JERK!!!111" and i just laugh and continue, and tell them to stop camping and ill play fair. I learned the hard way, so can they. Wow....im effed up. O_O;

Yeah. I agree with you there. Hence the "Doing one's best to win", thing. You just said it that everyone plays to win, so if you're going to spawnkill people to take advantage of something, why do you hate the barret so much for being lame?

quote:Well, enough of that, it isnt about me not winning. Its about being stopped from having fun. You can have fun having competition against good players, until BAM, some new player with the easiest gun just kills you. That is, no fun.
That just sounds like your ego can't take the slap in the face by a new player.
quote:BTW

You play games to BEAT them. Everyone plays to win, EVERYONE, simply playing means your competing with others to win. The fun comes in while you're doing so. kkthx And yes, I do use everything. I practice every weapon, some more then others, some less.

That's what playing to win is about. Getting fun out of winning.
If everyone plays to win, you should take the best advantages. Spawnkill, nade spam, spray, [CENSORED] the barret. All of these things may not be 'honorable', but in a play to win enviroment, anything should and will go, regardless of what you think. The only thing that should stop you from doing these things is a new version that has ways of preventing them. If that never comes, or these things annoy you, accept the game as a whole - with all ten weapons, the ability to spray, the ability to spam grenades and the ability to spawn kill, or stop playing because the game is a degenerate.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 9:43 pm
Additionally, the natural affinity for competition and exploration possessed by the human race as a whole is not about winning or discovering.

The journey of mankind from nothingness to greatness is not about reaching the goal at the end, but rather the journey itself. When Odesseus finally found his way home after wandering the seas for years on end, he didn't get nice and cozy there and spend the rest of his days in peace; he realized this inevitable fact about the nature of humanity, and realized that he himself had come to love his adventures on the seas. He sailed right back out to find more challenges and discoveries.

The point I'm making here is that you need to focus less on the goal, and more about the journey itself; see the camper as a challenge to overcome, and then go ahead and overcome it. Besides, last time I checked, running straight into the enemy was not a good way to handle campers.

In short, take this problem you have and turn it into something good! A good example would be how I could have delved into your posts with a scalpal and thrown every last contradiction into your face in an attempt to make you look like an idiotic hypocrit (which certainly seems to be the standard method of debate on the 'net these days), but I made this post instead.

The Geologist
November 5, 2005, 10:43 pm
Some people just can't deal with being shot by the barret. They cry, they moan, and their ego can't take the fact that some new player with an anti tank weapon managed to kill him.

All this argueing in circles is getting nowhere. Especially when ones arguements turn completly backwards in terms of what they're trying to prove, that the berreters are (somehow) the bad guys. If you're a good player, you should be able to let it roll of your shoulders. If you have to whine and curse and institute this eye for an eye type mentality then you're not a good player imo, regardless of your goal for the game.

a-4-year-old
November 6, 2005, 2:27 am
camping is for little pussys who can't take the heat of a real battle in soldat. it is not that the barret is for noobs, but people get shot over and over and over again by the same [CENSORED]er hiding in the invisible spot pointing and clicking just to kill one guy.

CAMPING IS NOT A SRATEGY:

soldat is raw skill, if you can't accept that, you are a noob.
soldat is fast paced, and if you are asleep in a corner, YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THE GAME.
campers do not get kicked because the have little pussy friends that say "real solders camp"
SOLDAT IS NOT A REAL BATTLE.
SOLDAT IS NOT DUCK HUNT.
SOLDAT TAKES REAL SKILL.
CAMPING DOES NOT TAKE REAL SKILL.
TALKING IN ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING. (ill stop now)
a strategy in soldat is simple "ill go high, you take mid."
when you finaly kick campers there is anotherone to take his place.

you retarded monkeys who just love holding off an entire team have to stop, go play battle field if you want realism.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 9:52 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcBarret can be used for other things than camping. Barret is not noob.

However sitting down somewhere with the barret and playing Duck Hunt is newbie-ish, skilled players do not do that because they realise that it's a loosing tactic.

And that's what I don't like about soldat. I would like it to be more tactic style, where there has to be rushers and defenders in the game. Like in those swat movies. I don't camp but in some maps it is so cool to get down at your spawn, shoot a barret all the way across the map and kill some guys in the enemy base, because of the bouncy bullet. Now that's the meaning of this weapon, imo.

vash763
November 6, 2005, 10:44 am
Then use it that way, use any weapon anyway you want. [CENSORED] everyone else. If your winning it's there bad.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 4:14 pm
That's right. Everyone can have fun the way they want, and as long as they do not hack or tk, it's ok, imo.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSome people just can't deal with being shot by the barret. They cry, they moan, and their ego can't take the fact that some new player with an anti tank weapon managed to kill him.
Gee...you're right, I can't stand being killed by the barret.......

Maybe it's because I need to fight through well...5 or 7 people using it at a time?

Why don't everyone just support the damned thing? Lets make all of Soldat use the same exact weapon which happenes to be a one hit kill sniper rifle. Lets turn Soldat into an ultimate Sniper competiton! Lets get rid of every other weapon in the whole game and leave the Barret and maybe the m79! That sounds great! Doesn't it?

quote:All this argueing in circles is getting nowhere. Especially when ones arguements turn completly backwards in terms of what they're trying to prove, that the berreters are (somehow) the bad guys.If you're a good player, you should be able to let it roll of your shoulders. If you have to whine and curse and institute this eye for an eye type mentality then you're not a good player imo, regardless of your goal for the game.

Nah, I can't let it roll off my shoulders. Repeatly getting sniped over, and over again is really fusterating...I don't mind losing, really. But when I lose due to the reason of being Sniped down, and unable to do anything is cheap. this thread brings up so many memories...

Warehouse - INF

~Standng in base~
Enemy approches base at full speed, runs through and nabs flag.
Enemy escapes through back door, but decided to take high route.
I get sniped by the efc during his escape.
I respawn.
I see the enemy running off high.
I begin to chase, but Notice a camper hiding in the bush on the ledge.
I attack camper with AUG and see every bullet hits its target.
Regardless of that, I get sniped...again.
I respawn...Then finish off camper.
I fly along the path and find a sniper flying in the air. And one camping below.
I attack the sniper in the air, and once again just about every bullet hits the target.
Bink refuses to help and immediately gets sniped, by both snipers (the one in the air got me first)
Red scores...

I have more memories, but I don't feel like sharing, but then again it's pointless anyway. I don't know why I bother to type all this junk, perhaps, bordom? Nothing's ever gonna change anyway, only thing that'll happen is that I'll get some Literate Pro-barret person to scold me -_-.

Izhar Asharon
November 6, 2005, 6:46 pm
I don't see a problem camping with Barret(t?). I know it's an one hit kill weapon but that's how it meant to be. So of course if it's an effective weapon, people will use it. If they want to get as much as kills as possible while getting as minimium death amount as possible, so be it.

Defending a flag or flag carrier, it won't matter as long as strategy is succesful. And even if they decide to stay in base even though you don't have a flag carrier and enemy has token your flag away, then feel free to leave from server for the time being if it doesn't suit you. Some people are just making excuses of Barret being a cheap weapon but what does it matter anyway? It's not like you can't use one either. There is always way to beat a team, had it full of campers or only few of them.

You can't really do much about the situation... If campers annoy too much, then leave for a short while and come back when you have calmed down. Just relax and enjoy the game fullest you can.

(And while I'm at it, hello everyone, heh.)

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 2:39 am
Hello.

quote:Yeah. I agree with you there. Hence the "Doing one's best to win", thing. You just said it that everyone plays to win, so if you're going to spawnkill people to take advantage of something, why do you hate the barret so much for being lame?

Said it once, and Ill say it again. I spawn kill soley for the people who want to be lame. If thats not what you meant, then I dont have a clue as to what the hell you're trying to say. I dont just spawn everyone just to be lame, i play as fair as possible, judging by what is commonly considered fair.

quote:That just sounds like your ego can't take the slap in the face by a new player.

You failed to realize the meaning of that. Its the fact im losing to a newer player, I really dont care if they kill me, they're playing the game just like I am, if they managed to kill me, then well they killed me. What you didnt get is that new players can do it easily with barrets and m79s, and the majority of newbies use these. The most powerful gun shouldnt be the also one of the simplest to use.

VodkaZombie
November 7, 2005, 3:17 am
quote:You failed to realize the meaning of that. Its the fact im losing to a newer player, I really dont care if they kill me, they're playing the game just like I am, if they managed to kill me, then well they killed me. What you didnt get is that new players can do it easily with barrets and m79s, and the majority of newbies use these. The most powerful gun shouldnt be the also one of the simplest to use.

Get a life.

LazehBoi
November 7, 2005, 3:18 am
quote:Said it once, and Ill say it again. I spawn kill soley for the people who want to be lame. If thats not what you meant, then I dont have a clue as to what the hell you're trying to say. I dont just spawn everyone just to be lame, i play as fair as possible, judging by what is commonly considered fair.
Aren't you being a bit hypocritical by laming back to make it fair in your mind and then whining about them being lame in the first place, then? I'd agree with you there if you didn't hate the barret to the point of wanting it removed.
Another question: Who gives a damn about fairness if the only reason you're playing is to win? Playing to win means using everything available to you in this game to get the upper hand, be it talent or a weapon. It's part of the game.

quote:quote:That just sounds like your ego can't take the slap in the face by a new player.

You failed to realize the meaning of that. Its the fact im losing to a newer player, I really dont care if they kill me, they're playing the game just like I am, if they managed to kill me, then well they killed me. What you didnt get is that new players can do it easily with barrets and m79s, and the majority of newbies use these. The most powerful gun shouldnt be the also one of the simplest to use.
But they are playing the game just as you are. They aren't using any cheating methods outside of Soldat, they're doing things that Michal himself made possible. If you cannot cope with things that have are in this game, then you do not like the game. If you don't like a game, it doesn't make sense to keep playing it, does it?

Edit: Nargh. Stupid forum tags. Also, VodkaZombie, I suggest you stay out of this if all you've got to say is "Get a life.".

VodkaZombie
November 7, 2005, 3:38 am
Whats there to say?

A person who cries and whines because a [CENSORED]tard shot him in the face thats only been playing for one day. And what he calls, "i'm losing to a new player". I think he deserves the title 'get a life'.

The Geologist
November 7, 2005, 4:36 am
On the contrary my Lazeh friend. I think Vodkas post, as short and undefined as it may be, hits home with a key issue. If you can't get over the fact that you've been shot by a barreter, it's not the barreters fault, but your own. They play the game with a gun provided to them by the creator of Soldat, they use it, and they kill with it. If a whole team uses it or one person uses it is an entirely different issue, and people should not try to cloud the issue to make it seem as though the two are one in the same, but the general trend remains constant. "I get killed by a barret more than once, I whine, I moan, and I try to enact some sort of revenge under the premise that I'm making things even or trying to make them play Soldat the right way". Pfft...give it a break. Trying to make someone play Soldat the way YOU think it should be played is just backwards. Start a server if you want to try and enforce these "rules", otherwise stfu and deal with it.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 7:45 am
*sigh*

Im not even going to bother anymore. Im done trying to explain my opinions about my favorite game, and what I feel personally is a problem in it. I havent been insulting in any case except for once, which was at vash, other then that, I took logical approaches at this.

I can deal with this ingame, but obviously no one likes it when they express what they feel on a message board, because they feel its a problem. I especially hate when people infer.

Go ahead and lock this...I dont give two [CENSORED]ing damns anymore. Its a lost cause, no one cares anymore.

LazehBoi
November 7, 2005, 8:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacide*sigh*

Im not even going to bother anymore. Im done trying to explain my opinions about my favorite game, and what I feel personally is a problem in it.
For now, right? I mean this seems to be something that happens all the time for you.
quote:I can deal with this ingame, but obviously no one likes it when they express what they feel on a message board, because they feel its a problem.
If you can't stand people opposing your opinion, then you should keep it to yourself.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 1:26 pm
The only place where i find camping completly noobish is in infiltration and on the attackers side.
It makes no sense at all!

Melba
November 8, 2005, 3:51 pm
..Since when did people start defending their actions by saying it's legal?
I [CENSORED] you not, I have never, ever seen anyone talk about laws, and legality in soldat before 1.3.

All of the sudden, it is an accepted law that says "camping is legal".
Well guess what turdface, It's not about what's legal or not. It's got to do with "in-game ethics" as i like to call it.
Yes, camping is possible in soldat. And therefore it is allowed? I'm guessing that's not far from how you see it.

Again, have some god damn empathy for your opponents. It's about doing what's right. And camping (repeatedly), in an online shooter just isn't right.
Since you camp quite often, i take it you're one of those people who shout: "OMG SPRAYTARD"
If you're not, then my bad.
Still, think about it. People play soldat to have a good time. Are you surprised that someone reacts when you are hiding in a bush while they jump unknowingly towards you? *BOOM HEAD SHOT*
Would you like to be shot that way? I doubt it.

Are you suprised that people don't even retaliate when you are sitting 2/3 screens away from them and can see them clearly with your barret scope? Do you really think they would shoot back with, say - an AK-74 without knowing you're there? (this is for those who camp outside your bases, on a ledge etc.)

To all of you who has "CAMPING IS LEGAL" on your alt-S taunt, consider what I've been trying to tell you.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 11:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by MelbaAre you suprised that people don't even retaliate when you are sitting 2/3 screens away from them and can see them clearly with your barret scope? Do you really think they would shoot back with, say - an AK-74 without knowing you're there?

I'd just like to note that:
1) Such is the entire point behind the scope being in the game to begin with.
2) It's the "victim's" fault if they get killed like that anyway--especially if they keep running out into the open like that. It's not hard to take out a camper using an alternate approach.

I personally find people who consider the only acceptable tactic to be "running full speed out in the open towards the enemy base while shooting at things" to be a greater threat to the game's gameplay (which in no way should imply I am "anti-spraying"--I never had a problem with it either); if I want to play against a bunch of people who do that, I'll just start an offline game against some bots.
Thus, I find it to be quite "ethical" to camp if/when you desire to do so; it provides an incentive for players to innovate/strategize in order to overcome other calculating opponents, which is the entire point of online play to begin with.

Although I wouldn't go as far as to say that camping (or any other aspect of the game for that matter) is legal or illegal, I will mention that the default maps are designed in such a way as to actually promote camping in certain parts; this, combined with the obvious intent of the barret as a sniping weapon, strongly implies that camping itself was more likely than not a part of MM's vision when he created this game. As such, I doubt camping will be gone from this game anytime soon.

I hope I haven't come off as defensive here; the intent of this post is simply to provide an effective glance at the issue through the eyes of someone who condones camping.

Marine
November 8, 2005, 11:26 pm
It's actually quite easy to kill and get by campers. Especially if you use teamwork and charge him at once. I mean, unless the entire team is lined up there with Barretts which, contrary to popular belief, is very rare.

The Geologist
November 8, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by MarineIt's actually quite easy to kill and get by campers. Especially if you use teamwork and charge him at once. I mean, unless the entire team is lined up there with Barretts which, contrary to popular belief, is very rare.

A voice of reason.

a-4-year-old
November 9, 2005, 12:44 am
quote:Originally posted by MarineIt's actually quite easy to kill and get by campers. Especially if you use teamwork and charge him at once. I mean, unless the entire team is lined up there with Barretts which, contrary to popular belief, is very rare.

a simple consept, but alas, it will never work. most noobs are all in public. it seems that all these people are angry (including me) because MM did a bad job balancing the weapons. those gammers are pathetic if they constantly camp.

livingdalife
November 9, 2005, 2:35 am
Can I just say that Camping is the same as Sniping. WTF is wrong with u people? Soladt is a shooting game, fast action or adventure? Who gives sh!t. I say camp all you want. and piss people of by camping on a stat gun or up high with a barret! GO SOLDAT ONLINE!!! If I see anyone on any server kick a player who camps, I'll vote to kick them

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 7:17 pm

quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-olda simple consept, but alas, it will never work. most noobs are all in public. it seems that all these people are angry (including me) because MM did a bad job balancing the weapons. those gammers are pathetic if they constantly camp.

I'd say teamwork in this case only applies in the loosest sense possible--it can be as simple as just joining up with a random teammate without so much as saying a word.

Also, regarding Marine's statement about when a whole team camps: If they do, it's their loss, as it's impossible for them to score (in CTF, anyway) when they have no offense to capture your flag. If it's a infiltration game, then just fight fire with fire--chances are they're easy targets to be sniped themselves.

VireX
November 11, 2005, 4:16 am
people who camp\hide should all be hunted down and have their computers smashed, pussies

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 4:39 am
Oh be quiet.

If someone takes me down at 300m with a barret while hiding in a bush so they can't be seen they've earnt that kill in my opinion.
Its only when I get my head blown off at close range that I think the barret is a bit cheap.

.Loki
November 11, 2005, 4:40 am
I think its funny when alpha team [CENSORED]es about bravo camping in INF games. Oddly enough, it happens all the time.

vash763
November 11, 2005, 5:53 am
ya i always thought that was the point of being bravo on infiltration

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 6:21 am

If they hide behind sceenery, they are harder

santa
December 25, 2005, 4:36 am
lol they kicked u out. besides, shooting barret dosnt take skill u just go up and aim right and they just die.

SeanCapsAss
December 25, 2005, 4:58 am
Camping is so fun, I mean seriously its the funnest thing to do. Finding cool places to hide and blend into the scenery its just damn good fun. My favorite is hiding prone or crouched in medkits or nade boxes thats fun right there

Ebby
December 25, 2005, 5:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockOh be quiet.

If someone takes me down at 300m with a barret while hiding in a bush so they can't be seen they've earnt that kill in my opinion.
Its only when I get my head blown off at close range that I think the barret is a bit cheap.

Hey, if that's the weapon he has at the moment, then your fault for not moving out of the way?

If someone takes me down at 300m with a barret while hiding in a bush so they can't be seen they've earnt that kill in my opinion. <-- This though, I agree with.

MWTBDLTR
December 25, 2005, 7:21 am
Im not a fan of camping, if you have to defend your base you are already in a bad situation and only making it worse. Whenever my team is mostly defending, we are loosing. Everyone has to go out there and get that damn flag. You shouldnt have to worry about defending if you go out and kill them before they even get to your base. just my 2cents

Deleted User
December 25, 2005, 8:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Ebbyquote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockOh be quiet.

Hey, if that's the weapon he has at the moment, then your fault for not moving out of the way?

If someone takes me down at 300m with a barret while hiding in a bush so they can't be seen they've earnt that kill in my opinion. <-- This though, I agree with.

Wha-? It doesn't make much difference in the new version anyway. Now it's not cheap at any distance :D
But seriously, whats with the bump? I don't see a pressing need.

Ebby
December 25, 2005, 8:41 am
quote:
Wha-? It doesn't make much difference in the new version anyway. Now it's not cheap at any distance :D
But seriously, whats with the bump? I don't see a pressing need.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a clue - Recently started the game, and was just being useful by posting around.