( search forums )
Ask if player want to keep the recorded demo
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GreenHornet
October 28, 2005, 4:24 pm
One small wish what would make me and I belive many others very happy. When the demo recording ends Soldat should ask if the player wants to keep the demo. I have recorded dozens of demos and not even half of them are worth to keep and afterwards finding the good demos are really time-consuming and annoying.

Also possibility to rename the demo after recording would great!

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 1:11 am
well, this would be annoying if you are in the middle of the game and its like "keep demo? f11 no f12 yes" besides, just set the autorecored thing on, and don't press the button every five seconds

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 4:00 am
you can always edit the crap bits out after wards or just delete them

GreenHornet
October 29, 2005, 10:16 am
@a-4-year-old
How it would be any more annoying than map or kick vote?

@Taal
GreenHornet wrote once: "...finding the good demos are really time-consuming and annoying."

Mikekuul
October 29, 2005, 11:45 am
This is a decent idea, however it's going to cause problems if half the players are standing still at the beginning of the next map because they are deciding if the demo is worth it or not.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 12:17 pm
maybe you could turn the feature on and off? And hitting one button takes a split seccond so it's not too hard and would make things more convienient. Maybe the same thing for screenshotes

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 3:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by GreenHornet@a-4-year-old
How it would be any more annoying than map or kick vote?

@Taal
GreenHornet wrote once: "...finding the good demos are really time-consuming and annoying."

its more annoying than finding the good demos

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 5:59 pm
My thought is. It records the whole session you played then when it shows the final scores. It will ask you..

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 6:03 pm
THAT is GENIOUS!!!!!! much better!
but than you have a 10-15 minute demo

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 6:42 pm
that would be cool :P

GreenHornet
October 29, 2005, 6:51 pm
@a-4-year-old
So let me get this straight. You understand that this wouldn't naturally apply to autorecored?

@Mikekuul
yeah deciding if the demo is good or not might be hard for some people.