( search forums )
Built-in voice communicator?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Lolly
October 28, 2005, 7:09 pm
Maybe, instead of having to use an external program to talk during soldat, that could be built in! I'm not saying that the text option would be taken out, but have the voice as an option for those with a headset. This would definitely make me play more... (my headset just sits there... I never use it.)

C & C please :D

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:12 pm
I don't think soldat can have VOIP capabilities.
If it was possible to do it, would you really want all those village idiots shouting into their mics?

Just use Teamspeak or Vent

Lolly
October 28, 2005, 7:17 pm
I'm thinking, that if someone had a mic, they probably wouldn't be spouting off nonsense, being that they had to buy it and all...

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 7:26 pm
Trust me, that's not the case.
I am positive there would be lots of idiot lamers doing it.

a-4-year-old
October 29, 2005, 1:20 am
i have a mic. but have sworn never to use it for soldat ingame perpouses, cause i would be screaming at the nOOb barretard to... well, bad things would happen.

Stern
October 29, 2005, 5:21 am
The /mute command could always apply to mics, or there can be a /vmute command for muting voice stuff from a certain person.

F3nyx
October 29, 2005, 8:55 am
Yep, mute works. You could even have everybody muted by default, and unmute people that you know aren't idiots.

I'm pretty sure there's no technical reason why VOIP would be impossible for Soldat... but it'd take some work.

numgun
October 29, 2005, 9:29 am
lol... ppl screaming:
''AAAAGR u [CENSORED]!!!''
''DIEEEE''
''eat lead [CENSORED]er''
''ATTAAAACK''
ehm... if u want that, just use ''teamspeak''
otherwise no way!

Lolly
October 30, 2005, 7:38 am
The point of this topic is to give people the option of talking WITHOUT teamspeak... so "get Teamspeak" isn't a very good solution...

I like the /vmute idea, though.

Edit: Ever play counterstrike? Don't assume that it'll just be pointless yelling; VOIP works well sometimes.

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 8:24 pm
or put in a voice generator, stephen hawking style.

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 9:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by LollyMaybe, instead of having to use an external program to talk during soldat, that could be built in! I'm not saying that the text option would be taken out, but have the voice as an option for those with a headset. This would definitely make me play more... (my headset just sits there... I never use it.)

C & C please :D

hell yeah... great idea.. just find some limitations.. like, you can ofcourse only talk to your own team. adn only the a live or dead ones, depending wether you yourself are dead or alive.. and maybe, i dunno, you would have to sit down or something! look into it

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 9:18 pm
live or dead only voice would be really annoying.

There is no way this would work out.

warpo
October 31, 2005, 2:19 am
could get annoying...just mute it

Lolly
October 31, 2005, 11:30 pm
I say keep the "everyone talks to everyone" part, I agree that only dead-to-dead and living-to-living chat would be annoying...

Only when sitting down? The point would be so you wouldn't have to stop to type... kinda defeats the purpose...

PokePunkz
November 1, 2005, 1:55 pm
Why is everyone retarded? Just do it so teamspeak applies, and trials can't use it, look another feature to hold over their heads! Plus a way to keep those little kids who are too young to buy it from yelling over the mic.

"HAHAHAI SHOT YOU IN THE FACE YOU [CENSORED]ING LOSER! LOL!"

Lolly
November 1, 2005, 9:38 pm
Trials can't use it?

I'm a trial >_>

Stern
November 2, 2005, 5:29 am
That's a GREAT idea punkz, making it registered only. All the people who care about the game enough to buy a copy (like me) would have the added bonus of being able to easily plan an attack against the other team and would make it complete and utter pwnage for the registered people. It would take some time to code, but would be a major incentive for people do go out and register soldat.

Chameleon
November 4, 2005, 5:11 am
quote:Originally posted by LollyI say keep the "everyone talks to everyone" part, I agree that only dead-to-dead and living-to-living chat would be annoying...

Only when sitting down? The point would be so you wouldn't have to stop to type... kinda defeats the purpose...

the only dead-to-dead and only alive-to-alive would be good, for survival mode, but no other modes. it would help prevent spys and whatnot.
(for voice and for text alike)

vash763
November 4, 2005, 5:41 am
First off, I don't think it should be built in. If it is built in, I could care less if you have to be regged or not (im not).

Secondly, spying is an essential part of a survival match. I bet that anyone who thinks that it isn't also is very bias against certain weapons and styles of play.

Close Combat
November 12, 2005, 2:25 pm
TRUST ME if a mic was useable in socom poeple will get booted cuz of extreme laggers and extreme profanists! lol

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 9:00 pm
I can just see noobs talking whilst in predator mode.

CottonTheMoth
November 14, 2005, 3:21 pm
But the cool thing is, you can yell like crazy when you're about to attack someone and make them shat their pants! ^__^. Maybe it would work better if the mic was a sort of sound effect in a way, so that you have to be remotely near to hear someone talking, or if you're far, the sound is faded.

Echo_Trail
November 14, 2005, 7:51 pm
hmm.. i take my words back.. I hate this idea now. I wouldn't risk lag, and people should just learn to type instead. also, i see your point about the spamming!

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:33 am
Talking is quicker than typing

Chonoryoku
November 15, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusTalking is quicker than typing
Taunts are quicker than talking. There are 36 taunt buttons you can use. Surely you can have everything you'll ever need to say on your taunts keys.

Lolly
November 16, 2005, 11:52 pm
What if you were having a conversation?

Major: Oh no... my mom died.
Major(1):Hurraa!

>_>

Hoodlum
November 17, 2005, 1:03 am
I don't really like this idea because I don't want to listen to people whine about barreting / spawning etc.

tmtigd
November 17, 2005, 4:05 am
I think this would be a bad idea because:

I don't want to listen to a ton of 13 year olds calling other 13 year olds [CENSORED], or [CENSORED]gots.

I don't want to listen to people argueing over mic.

I don't want to get left out of the loop if I end up muting everyone.

People pay a minimum of $30 to play CS:S, since there's a money amount to it, people aren't going to piss it away. It's easy to come onto just to insult someone on soldat, people pay for CS:S for real gaming. No offense to those who play soldat and manage not to insult someone for over 15 minutes, I know you're out there.

It's to easy to get, and set up a TS/Vent server/play on a server with TS or Vent already. Or even go to a public server.

Alamo
November 17, 2005, 9:24 am
I don't think something like this is needed. Why would we need an internale Voice feature if we could just use Teamspeak or Ventrilo (or even Skype)? I would not like everyone to be able to shout in my ear just because I mauled him with my chainsaw. No thanks. If I want voice, I'll just use these programs.
Plus, I'm a quick typer, so I don't need that stuff. If this should be put in the game (which i doubt) allow me to disable it! :)

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 9:30 am
People = lazy = Don't wanna type = !

DeLarge
November 17, 2005, 8:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Close CombatTRUST ME if a mic was useable in socom poeple will get booted cuz of extreme laggers and extreme profanists! lol

You star-hunted this topic. Leave it to die!