( search forums )
Weapon weight
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 28, 2005, 11:01 pm
ok, im not talking about making sodaten run slower or not be able to jet as high with heavier weapons. just making that clear. :)

heres my idea: a new cursor will be added that follows the mouse cursor in game

the new cursor shows where your gun is actually aimed, and the speed it keeps up with the mouse cursor depends on the weapon's weight.

so heavier guns ( barret, minimi, minigun ... ) will be harder to aim.

im thinking of a 'cursor position = cursor position - distance from mouse / weapon weight' kinda thing

summary: the heavier a weapon is the harder it is to move the aim

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 8:38 am
Aah, solution to "combat snipers"? Sounds good.

F3nyx
October 29, 2005, 8:52 am
That's a truly interesting suggestion... I like this MUCH better as a balancing solution for the Barret than anything else that's been proposed. Applying it to all weapons in one degree or another might bring up some difficult balancing issues, but it's not a bad idea.

I'm not quite sure what your equation means though.

I'm envisioning this as having two different cursors, one bigger/brighter than the other, both at the same distance from the soldat, but at different positions to show the difference between the intended angle of aim and the actual one.

numgun
October 29, 2005, 9:31 am
:S oh [CENSORED]... pls dont implement this!!!111

The Geologist
October 29, 2005, 9:44 am
The minigun is a good gun as it is. I don't see a need to make it harder to aim. As to the minimi or barret...isn't the current weapon balance (aside from other topics created) enough? This doesn't present anything new or revolutionary imo, and with the current settings I find this idea sub par.

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 29, 2005, 1:28 pm
well yes this would make the affected weapons 'weaker', but they can be rebalanced.

this is just an idea to add a new level of skill to soldat without binking or nerfing anything :P

to make it clearer: there are two cursors. at rest they are directly on top of each other. when you move the mouse cursor the weapon cursor follows. the weapon weight determines how long it will take to center its position over the mouse cursor.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 6:01 pm
m79 better not be included in this...

numgun
October 29, 2005, 6:29 pm
neither barret ^^

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 7:46 pm
good concept, but even more balancing will not make me happy.

Stern
October 29, 2005, 9:05 pm
This reminds me of a simpler/different solution from games like rainbow six 3 - when you're moving, you're cursor gets bigger signifying a worse accuracy, and crouching or going prone makes it smaller, signifying better accuracy. Getting hit would not move your sight, but just make the cursor bigger and make you less accurrate.

F3nyx
October 29, 2005, 10:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by SternThis reminds me of a simpler/different solution from games like rainbow six 3 - when you're moving, you're cursor gets bigger signifying a worse accuracy, and crouching or going prone makes it smaller, signifying better accuracy. Getting hit would not move your sight, but just make the cursor bigger and make you less accurrate.
Soldat already has this for some weapons, there's just no graphical representation. It's MovementAcc in weapons.ini.

Meandor
October 29, 2005, 11:38 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26994&whichpage=1