( search forums )
Screwing around with a camera..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Hitman
October 29, 2005, 2:22 am
My Dad has recently become addicted to E-Bay and, among many other things, bought me a digital camera. I'm not 100% sure whether or not it has long exposure as I haven't fully read the manual, but I figured out that if you turn the flash off in a dark environment it takes longer to capture the picture because it's trying to get more light by lengthening the exposure. So I kinda get the same effect.

I had it with me the other night so I took some photos.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

I'm not really into photography, I just do it for fun. Anybody else have any pictures?

Btw, if you guys often upload pictures that you have to resize cause of its sheer hugeness, this is a lifesaver ? " This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files. When resizing you can choose from one of four standard sizes or choose a size that you specify. You can also choose to resize the original image or create a new one. Right click any image(s) and select 'Resize Pictures' in the context menu.".

Vijchtidoodah
October 29, 2005, 3:18 am
You might like this.

Captain Ben
October 29, 2005, 3:25 am
Ebay addicts? This guy I know in PNG decided to buy a gokart to rampage around on the airport driveways. Six weeks and $25,000 later, he opened the crate and... there was a yellow jetski.

peemonkey
October 29, 2005, 3:39 am
you rrrrrrrrraver.

Cookie.
October 29, 2005, 8:08 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahYou might like this.

Bah you [CENSORED]ing beat me to it, your too fast for me Vijchtidoodah I surrendor you win :'(

Unlucky 13
October 29, 2005, 9:06 am
That kinda stuff would make good desktop backgrounds. It's an interesting concept.

Vijchtidoodah
October 29, 2005, 10:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.
Bah you [CENSORED]ing beat me to it, your too fast for me Vijchtidoodah I surrendor you win :'(

Quickest fingers on the intarwebs. Sheeit.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 10:19 am
BECAUSE SHAKY AND BLURRY PHOTOS ARE GOOD!

b00stA
October 29, 2005, 11:06 pm
Everybody can just wave around his camera (just like glowsticks, amirite) but I have to admit, there are some really nice long exposure shots out there.

Aquarius
October 29, 2005, 11:49 pm
I like the 1st and the 2nd photo.

Kazuki
October 30, 2005, 4:22 am
Wow, those are pretty cool.

I remember making a homemade old-style camera at school. I was basically a shoe box spray-painted all black (including the inside), with a little square cut out on the front, on which would be some tin foil with a needle-thick hole poked right in the center. That would be where the light would flow in and hit the sensitive paper. You'd have to hold it still for 7 - 10 seconds for a picture to show up perfectly. That leaves plenty of time to wave things around and such.

damnnation
October 30, 2005, 10:29 am
how did you do the things with the bars, it's nice!

Snipedmyself
October 30, 2005, 10:38 am
what the crap?¿#937;

Hitman
October 31, 2005, 1:18 am
Yeah, well, I would've loved to have made some really nice long exposure shots but unfortunately, as I explained in my main post, my camera doesn't allow you to manually adjust the exposure length.

What is up with some of you just being complete knobs? Can't you just appreciate it for what it is? You guys always have to put down anything creative or non-internet related to make yourselves feel better. When was the last time you went out and did something other than sit on your asses all day?

Anyways, I've currently got this one as my desktop. If any of you would like some of the bigger versions of the pictures, I could upload them.quote: Everybody can just wave around his camera (just like glowsticks, amirite)Yup. :D Looks kinda weird as well cause you can hardly see me.

[IMAGE]

Actually, you'd be surprised at how many shots you have to take until you get a decent looking one, at first. It's mostly trail and error but after a while you get the feel of it and know what lights are the best to photograph. The distant (from the light(s)) and the speed at which you wave the camera is also important depending on what kind of results you want.

Edit: Just went through them again and found another one I like:

[IMAGE]

Vijchtidoodah
October 31, 2005, 1:49 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanWhat is up with some of you just being complete knobs? Can't you just appreciate it for what it is? You guys always have to put down anything creative or non-internet related to make yourselves feel better. When the last time you went out and did something other than sit on your asses all day?

<3

Chakra`
October 31, 2005, 2:36 am
Shoulda heard the complaints I got from my song ¬_¬ ..

I've come to the theory that, if you put a normal healthy polite man in a jungle for a month, he'll either die, or learn to survive. Consequently, if you put the same man into the Soldat forums/community for a month, he'll either get shunned out, or become a trolling cynical [CENSORED]. It's just nature at it's most basic level.

But thats for another topic ....I like your pics guv. What the hecks going on in that first pic though with all the blue bars?

Captain Ben
October 31, 2005, 6:30 am
The one with the bike in it reminds me of the crazy vibrations in the Butterfly Effect.

frogboy
October 31, 2005, 7:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`I've come to the theory that, if you put a normal healthy polite man in a jungle for a month, he'll either die, or learn to survive. Consequently, if you put the same man into the Soldat forums/community for a month, he'll either get shunned out, or become a trolling cynical [CENSORED]. It's just nature at it's most basic level.
And if you put a member of the Soldat forums/community in the jungle for a month, he'll end up talking to the trees and animals, or dying.

Vijchtidoodah
October 31, 2005, 7:55 am
He'll get mauled by a rabid baboon and, with his last breath, utter the words "WTF n00b."

Hitman
November 20, 2005, 2:30 am
Took some more photos, ja.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

November 21, 2005, 11:15 pm
Got any in 1280*1024?

vash763
November 22, 2005, 12:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
[IMAGE]

It'd be awesome if I could get this in a huge version.

They're all pretty cool Hitman

Hitman
November 22, 2005, 1:22 am
What size do you want?quote:Originally posted by StickyGot any in 1280*1024?
Yup. Which ones do you want?

I won't do it today though cause I can't be bothered. I'm too stoned. Basically. Yeah..

November 22, 2005, 6:33 pm
[URL]
That one

Hitman
November 22, 2005, 10:48 pm
There ya go.

Vash, I just uploaded the original picture for you. That's the biggest it'll get.

Hitman
November 30, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763
Thank you very much, Hitman, for taking time out of your busy sex-raving-drug-taking filled life to upload the picture just for me.
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
Thank you very much, Hitman, for taking time out of your busy sex-raving-drug-taking filled life to upload the picture just for me.
You're welcome.

November 30, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Butts butts butts kablammo

Thanks, Hitman.

Thitman.

[IMAGE]

mmeaney
November 30, 2005, 3:41 am
Thanks for the new background. Those are pretty cool.

vash763
November 30, 2005, 4:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitmanquote:Originally posted by vash763
You're welcome.

you're double welcome