( search forums )
parachutes- open in mid air
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 7:05 pm
well, i think it would be cool if when you went in a certain area your parachute would open...
i'll show a pic-

[IMAGE]
when it passes "that" a parachute could open, leading to more intresting "drop-in" kinda maps, like inf or dm...

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 7:27 pm
I don't know what kind of effect this would have..

Sounds cool, though.

(200th post :P)

F3nyx
October 29, 2005, 7:52 pm
This is a good idea, but if you did this for specific areas, then you'd have the problem of having to zone most of the map as either "parachute open" or "parachute stay closed."

To avoid this, you could just make it so the parachute opens automatically when you're about 150 pixels or less above the ground, instead of opening as soon as you spawn.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 7:58 pm
i'm not sure i understand... :S
it would be like when you spawn really high your parachute opens(kinda like that...)
exept when you pass through "that" your parachute would open...

Stern
October 29, 2005, 9:04 pm
Or, there could be a button that you could press so that the parachute would deploy when you wanted it, as long as you were __ distance above the ground. That would be interesting, and you would be able to jump off really high ledges and then deploy your parachute at will, which would add some skill and whatnot to the game.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 10:48 pm
i like thta idea :D
it'd be great for relistic...

tomz26
October 30, 2005, 12:49 am
That would make missions where you jump from a helicopter or something levels pretty neat.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:51 am
i thought of making a map like that :D
or one where you sky dive, or B.A.S.E. jumping maps :D

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by SternOr, there could be a button that you could press so that the parachute would deploy when you wanted it, as long as you were __ distance above the ground. That would be interesting, and you would be able to jump off really high ledges and then deploy your parachute at will, which would add some skill and whatnot to the game.

thats what I thought too, but it would leave you VERY vulnerable to snipers :D

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 11:35 am
cool idea i like this idea

numgun
October 30, 2005, 2:57 pm
mmm this is a great idea... imagine u spawn in a plane and u jump out of it!
but what i would want, is that u could launch ur para whenever u want! but in order to launch it again u have to pack it up!
or if u dont have time for packing it up, just let it go and continue ur fight! (u wont be able to launch it again until u pack it up again!)

How about that?

Keron Cyst
October 30, 2005, 3:33 pm
But that's just for bots knowing. How would the game know to let you open up a parachute?

Lolly
October 30, 2005, 5:06 pm
Maybe if you have been falling for a certain time, a parachute would open, that way, it wouldn't have to be map-specific.

Just an idea :D

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 5:31 pm
what if you wanted it to maps specific?

dr.ON
October 30, 2005, 5:36 pm
Nice idea. But anyway it's just for show, i think.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 5:41 pm
How about that there's an "Open Parachute" button. If you open it too low, you crash and are vulnerable for a second. If you open it at the right time, you float down and the parachute becomes a pickup when you land. You can either run, or go back for the parachute.

But I don't think this is a very good idea anyway.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 10:41 pm
ah well, think infiltration - 10 red players parachuting over the blue base.. now that would be cool!

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:22 am
This would work as a button. Maybe have it where after youve fallen for a certain amount of time, the option to use a parachute is possible, and if when you open it and its just before you land, then you just slowdown for a second and land, no biggie.

What would be kewl is if you could somehow open it up, and further minigun surfing by using it as a sail or even use your minigun to push yourself faster with it by shooting into it. Just another crazy idea of mine.

Chonoryoku
October 31, 2005, 12:26 am
quote:Originally posted by semagaei'm not sure i understand... :S
it would be like when you spawn really high your parachute opens(kinda like that...)
exept when you pass through "that" your parachute would open...
When you pass through "that" line, your chute opens.

I think an "open parachute" button would work better than this, honestly.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:41 am
yea, its just and idea

numgun
October 31, 2005, 4:38 pm
hehe... this would be funny for the bots:

bot1: dude, u remember what i had to press to open the para?
bot2: hmmm... dunno
bot3: all bots jump out of the plane!!!
*bot1 jumps*
*splash!*
bot1: i'll be back!