( search forums )
INF Messner - another WP update
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
grand_diablo
October 29, 2005, 9:15 pm
Since I didn't find a better name and there is already an inf_Alpes, I decided to dedicate this map to the famous Austrian climber Reinhold Messner. Not waypointed yet, waypointer needed.

Attackers start left, Defenders right, objective is placed at the right "balcony" of the higher mountain.

EDIT: Map waypointing is now final (done by Keron Cyst. Ive also added 2 "cover places" last minute. Just redownload and enjoy ;)

EDIT2: Another waypoint update by Keron Cyst, simply redownload to enjoy ;)

The screenshot is outdated and from the first version, some sceneries and the 2 cover places are missing on it.

Overview:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/inf_Messner.jpg

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/inf_Messner.PMS (144 kb)

Enjoy!

mar77a
October 29, 2005, 9:20 pm
Yeah, you can take the name Alpes, I dont care.

Awesome shading & colors. Excelent ambientation, tho i found it a bit monotonous.

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 11:02 pm
DIBS!
i'll waypoint!
looks great :D

Keron Cyst
October 29, 2005, 11:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by semagaeDIBS!
i'll waypoint!...quote:Originally said by Darth VaderNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Can I expand on 'em when you're done, then? ;-P

Deleted User
October 29, 2005, 11:52 pm
Please God, more maps with colors like this!

Very eye appeasing, beautifully done.

Raptor
October 29, 2005, 11:53 pm
That map remembers me of Eskimogirls. Very good job!

grand_diablo
October 30, 2005, 12:52 am
once semagae has finished the wps im gonna put a bit more scenery into the map, stay tuned ;)

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:24 am
it'll take me awhile, and i guess keron. :)
EDIT:
done, tell me if i messed something up...

http://www.filelodge.com/files/1754/waypointed-messner.zip

GAMEOVER
October 30, 2005, 7:28 am
Bad Ass love the colors/textures.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 11:18 am
i <3 the map
/download
would you make a night version and a summer version also?

suggestion:
1) add more trees at the place next to red team and set bullet-collied polygons behind them to prevent blue snipers camping on the mountain.
2) give sceneries like boxes in the caves
3) add a hut or house between the mountains may be nice ;)

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:54 pm
what do you think blue team is there for? to camp...
he's not boxo now is he? no... he's not...
sounds cool...

grand_diablo
October 30, 2005, 1:03 pm
semagae, take a look at your email inbox please ;)

the waypoints need some more work, Alpha team bots get stuck at several occassions or start running "circles" on some places. Havent tested blue team yet, but please fix the wp problems ;)

Keron Cyst
October 30, 2005, 3:40 pm
 Quote:Originally said by Darth Vader
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You actually decided to redo it and let people download that waypointed version?! (No offense to semagae :-D) There are so many unnecessary wypts. (@semagae: you don't have to put a wypt. right on a spawn all the time; you just need to make sure the soldat lands on one on the ground), and Alpha doesn't even carry the flag back! I'll get to it later.

:-P

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 4:07 pm
hmm, maybe i uploaded the wrong version?(i always have multiple versions)
and i havn't seen any problems with mine. they take the flag back and don't get stuck...
i'll try to find out what caused it...

grand_diablo
October 30, 2005, 5:17 pm
btw to keep you up to date:
im gonna reduce the jetfuel amount by ~1/3 once the waypointing is finished.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 5:29 pm
:O
"noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
-darth vader

i'm just sying that because the bots "barely" make it with the current jets...
yea, the bots get the flag and take it home, i saw 2 or 3 places i need to fix...

Keron Cyst
October 31, 2005, 5:57 am
@grand_diablo: Quote:Originally said by Darth Vader
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The new fuel limit will screw up practically all the wypts. I established!! Bah, whatever. I'll put them into the .PMS myself and adjust accordingly. What's the new #?

@semagae: Why did you put left and right movement trails for Path 1? No wonder they keep going back & forth all the time! Path 1 is used to get to flag by Alpha. Path 2 is used for Bravo to assault Alpha and for Alpha to return flag (in which case if flag is stolen all "special" actions are ignored).

That was stated in the official manual...

grand_diablo
October 31, 2005, 9:16 am
new fuel limit amount (according to MM+) will be 115.

grand_diablo
November 2, 2005, 6:41 pm
semagae, hows it goin with the waypoints? :) Or should someone else try?

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 11:10 pm
oh, sorry since my parents are divorced(and i'm 12) i could get the file uploaded before i had to go...
but it was done...
try someone else i guess :|

Keron Cyst
November 2, 2005, 11:29 pm
I'm working on them. No later than a day or two they should be completed.

grand_diablo
November 2, 2005, 11:30 pm
weeha ;D
thanks for you support guys!

Keron Cyst
November 5, 2005, 4:09 am
Waypointed. Alpha is really retarded. It can cap, sure, but it only caps if there are barely any enemies to disturb its wypt. paths. Other than that the player has to cap, or give the flag to a bot. Sorry; that's the best I could do :-/

http://h1.ripway.com/Keron%20Cyst/inf_Messner.PMS

After much testing both teams can traverse every mountain and all its paths, except for Bravo and the peak of the mountain closest to its side.

grand_diablo
November 5, 2005, 4:55 pm
Ive added 2 more cover places to the new waypointed version (no need to adapt the wps once more, i did that). Good job Keron, newest version with covers can be found in the main topic.

Keron Cyst
November 5, 2005, 5:52 pm
What do you mean by "cover places?"... o.O'

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 6:09 pm
places to hide?

grand_diablo
November 5, 2005, 6:37 pm
i mean those 2 places
[IMAGE]

they give you cover from shots from above.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 7:14 pm
cool :)

Keron Cyst
November 5, 2005, 9:49 pm
Whoa.
*redownloads and rewaypoints to adjust accordingly xD*

I actually will, but that's just for myself when I play the map. If you want them still just post here saying so :-P

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 9:55 pm
no duh, send em in :)

grand_diablo
November 6, 2005, 12:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWhoa
*redownloads and rewaypoints to adjust accordingly xD*

I actually will, but that's just for myself when I play the map. If you want them still just post here saying so :-P

no need, I already did the few adjustements needed for the 2 new "places" :P

Keron Cyst
November 6, 2005, 1:58 am
Haha; apparently Ripway didn't think of people whose usernames have spaces in creating their "short URLs" (read top post) :-P

EDIT That is nasty; the Alpha team will never win with those wypts., even if you're on that team. It's hard to make them traverse that mountain but I'll see if I can't just have them jet completely into its cave without attempting to climb it. They were fine before... :-/

grand_diablo
November 7, 2005, 9:08 pm
I didnt see a problem when testing them O.o

the only thing I can imagine is that the polys mightve been moved during compiled, dunno.

Boxo
November 7, 2005, 9:17 pm
Nice one. This map's the best in the competition for sure, and those are the prettiest montains i've seen in a map.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 11:42 pm
@Keron
that happens to mine alot

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 3:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloI didnt see a problem when testing them O.o

the only thing I can imagine is that the polys mightve been moved during compiled, dunno.

Why does compilation affect a map so much? And did you test only team 1, or both teams in a test match?

grand_diablo
November 8, 2005, 2:46 pm
I tested both. Bravo seemed superior in a testmatch, which is normal for inf maps, but when testing alpha only they did reach the flag.

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 6:12 pm
No, no, I mean in a test match Alpha can hardly even get past the first mountain, let alone the second. Very good bot wypts. allow the player to be on either team in a 5 vs. 6 or 7 (being one of those 5), including being on Bravo, and the other team still being able to score at least one cap. Here, you have to always be on Alpha to get a challenge.

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 6:59 pm
Inf maps are the hardest to make. This is because both teams have different objectives, and balancing out alpha and bravo can be quite time consuming. Though, this map seems fine just by looking at it. I haven't actually played it, I might be wrong.

DM's are easy cuz everyone shares the same (dis)advantages, and CTF's are only hard if the map is completely asymmetrical.

¤JOJO¤
November 9, 2005, 6:39 am
ive played it on leo reals server and its really great, too big for 8 players but with 14 or 16 its perfect !
Moreover with white pants and in 'inf mod' it could be great too !!!! (but impossible now)

Keron Cyst
November 9, 2005, 6:43 pm
Rewaypoints are almost done. The Alpha bots tend to take the lowest path more often now but at least they get stuck on the first hill much less and are able to reach the conflict zone between the two mountains before Bravo swamps 'em.

Just a bit more testing...

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/197885/inf_Messner.PMS

Alpha is now t3h pwn B-)

grand_diablo
November 12, 2005, 11:56 pm
version on my webspace has been update now too, thx Keron