( search forums )
Ability to choose your "side"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
afly
October 30, 2005, 1:48 am
What I mean by this is, when you start a map you have options of "half maps" to choose from, and the other team chooses as well. Could be as simple as everyone clicks on a map they want just like when you choose weapons(of course it would be before weapons) then the half your team choose(most votes) spawns on your half and vice versa for the enemy team. Of course the maps would have to be compatible sides, I think this would be an intersting dynamic to soldat gameplay, you never know what full map you will play on :).(of course this option could be turned off)

How I thought of this is, I am working on a map ctf_Warplanets and I was thinking it would be cool for people to make their own custom "planets"(if you dont understand you will when I release v1.0 of the map) then with that option it could possible be differant planets at war :).

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:47 am
not a bad idea. It kinda relates to a rts where you can strategically choose your defenes. It would be a neat mode

How would you do the maps? They would need to have a template so they would be compatable (so the ground lines up when combined or an open section in the middle)

- Tek -
October 30, 2005, 5:38 am
That would be cool actually, choose your fortress designs, then the terrain between could be randomized.

Lolly
October 30, 2005, 7:46 am
Yay!

More randomness!

A possible anticamp!

Win!

a-4-year-old
October 30, 2005, 1:47 pm
i have serious doubts that this will ever be implemented, there are still serious issues that need to be resolved in soldat (glitches) before anything as ambicious as this sould be implemented.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 6:20 pm
OH I GET IT.

Like, not a red and blue side, A Team1/Team2 side

I get it.
YEA

a-4-year-old
October 30, 2005, 8:13 pm
this is possibly the most retarded thing i have heard all day, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE IN SOLDAT. no wait, algweo[gnlakncaoisdglkgipuonwnlkn,xn, is the most retarded thing i have heard all day.

afly
October 30, 2005, 8:59 pm
Well Zamorak, my idea is still red vs blue(Althought it would be sweet if side vs side had the option to choose your sides color as well :-/, you just get to choose your side(any red an blue parts are still there). But you can think of it as team1vsteam2/

a-4-yead-old, LOL, your first post. "i have serious doubts that this will ever be implemented, there are still serious issues that need to be resolved in soldat (glitches) before anything as ambicious as this should be implemented." Your secound post "this is possibly the most retarded thing i have heard all day, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE IN SOLDAT." lol. 1, I didint know if is possible. 2, its still a good idea and should be thought about :).

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 12:28 am
Wow, this idea sounds very interesting. Im still confused but I think I get the jist of it. It is a good idea, It would be a nice option in the future.

But let me get this straight. Basicly, you get to choose your OWN custom side? Like your own build for a base before every game. Correct me if im wrong, your post confuzzled me.

Chonoryoku
October 31, 2005, 1:06 am
I think each team gets to choose from a selection of preset sides, as long as it's compatible with the side the other team chose.

rabidhamster
October 31, 2005, 1:39 am
it is possible that premade groups of polygons could be shoved into each other and autoshaded, although waypoints would be pratically impossible. sorry afly, MM just isn't god, although many of us with >20 posts feel he is.

afly
October 31, 2005, 3:16 am
Yeah my idea of it was, Preset sides. But you could make your own custom sides as long as they are compatible.

warpo
October 31, 2005, 4:33 am
excellent idea

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:21 am
This idea would actually add a totally new twist to capture the flag. However, I think this would work best as its own mode for ctf, like theres Realistic, Survival, blah blah blah, and Fortress. Any ideas as to the possibilities of this?