( search forums )
Get your map waypointed - SML
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
mar77a
October 30, 2005, 2:28 am
EDIT: This project is no longer avaliable in mar77a.llsc.us but you can submit your maps to http://sml.u13.net . Waypointers can go there also. Bye bye.

nfsjunkie91
October 30, 2005, 3:36 am
mar77a, i love you. thank you. i hope my maps are 1337 enough for some1 to waypoint them.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:19 pm
Dont we already have a bunch of these. Cant we just post them on soldat forums. But sounds cool i guess.

rabidhamster
October 30, 2005, 2:30 pm
samgae, come over here or die.

mar77a
October 30, 2005, 2:51 pm
Same for Keron Cyst. :D

Keron Cyst
October 30, 2005, 3:36 pm
*semagae*

Why would it be rejected? Only because it's crap and not worth the time wypting? :-P And what's the website, BTW? And so I don't have to wypt. maps if I'm too busy? Are Pending maps available to the public? What about Rejected?

?

xD

mar77a
October 30, 2005, 4:19 pm
Rejected is when the maps are not worth waypoiting.
Pending maps are public, they are waiting to be reviewed.
Yeah, that's the website.

I PM you with your user & password.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 5:33 pm
i'll waypoint anything :P
i'm almost entirelly composed of free time :P
i'm in...

mar77a
October 30, 2005, 6:02 pm
Ok, sending Email. Sent.

Keron Cyst
October 31, 2005, 5:59 am
@semagae: I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but it doesn't look like you ever playtest your maps after you waypoint them. It's probably not worth the effort if you don't; that's why I take so long to wypt. a map; I play with 5+ Alpha bots, see that they can reach every possible area (if none of them take that waypoint route - as their paths are determined randomly - I keep restarting a match until they do, and check for bad wypts.), then 5 Bravo bots and do the same, then watch a match and look for any bots that freeze anywhere after combat.

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 6:35 am
Woah...

Awesome site! I've submitted "Inf_Fiasco" which everyone seems to like. But wait, no Polyworks in the downloads section? Fo' shame! xD

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 11:21 pm
@Keron
i used to not, but now i do (if i have time)

Keron Cyst
October 31, 2005, 11:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by semagae... i'm almost entirelly composed of free time :P...

? o.O'

nfsjunkie91
November 1, 2005, 4:33 pm
the key here, keron, is that he said almost so in the not-so-free-time he cant test them. just my $0.02 :P

mar77a
November 1, 2005, 8:38 pm
Okay waypoitners, you can now login here:

http://mar77a.llsc.us/admin.php

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 11:37 pm
yay :D

vash763
November 2, 2005, 12:18 am
"* Official Sodlat Forums"

how [CENSORED]ing dare you

nice site btw

nfsjunkie91
November 3, 2005, 3:46 am
lol, noticed that one too. We are not piles of sod that like lattes! and how long should it take. cuz all teh maps have been pending the last 4 or 5 days. how about a status like "accepted" so that we can know if they are getting waypointed. on a side-note, my right ear lacks hearing as of current. :S stupid cold

mar77a
November 3, 2005, 9:09 pm
Hmn, well, i dont think the waypoitners understood how the system works :S

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 12:02 am
Well, I'm not waypointing anything; when I came there I found all the maps already pending so I assume they're in progress...

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 12:20 am
i'm currently waypointing a map... i'll be done today, then i'll check an other map.
but remember, we make maps too... (good maps)

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 3:28 am
@semagae: are you wypting. all those three? Don't take more if you're too busy with some already. There are other eager wypters out there too, ya know (*wink wink*) ;-)

vash763
November 4, 2005, 4:13 am
it'd be cool if you guys both waypointed some maps and see what you can learn from each other? Or put both of them up to see who's better at what etc.? team-effort?

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 6:31 am
Nah, that'd take even longer. Tho' I do hope semagae checked out inf_Aardvark 1.2 to see what areas he wypted. poorly in, but he's still really good for being only 12!

mar77a
November 4, 2005, 5:26 pm
Mmm, ok so, when you are going to waypoint a map, login to the admin area an set "In process" to the map please.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 1:33 am
"Status Pending" xD

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 2:51 am
k'

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 7:41 pm
Oh yay! :D
Good luck Semagae, but don't forget the hidden spike-pits in the tunnels! xD

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 8:26 pm
crap, almost forgot(no wonder they died so much :P)

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 6:11 pm
Is it done yet? ;)

The only problem is that the sites real slow. Most of the maps are "pending" xD

mar77a
November 21, 2005, 9:08 pm
*bump* come on guys, there are lots of unwaypointed maps.

Keron Cyst
November 21, 2005, 10:14 pm
What about you yourself? I am wypting maps, just not any on that particular list at the moment...

nfsjunkie91
November 22, 2005, 6:38 pm
If this really goes well, (as in better than just my map), this topic should be stickyed, so that all can benefit from the great wypting-ness fo it.

mar77a
November 22, 2005, 9:16 pm
I agree, when i finish school i will start waypoiting again.

nickasummers
December 7, 2005, 11:55 pm
i have a wierd waypoint question. if i had a map where i sopmetimes changed the paths, could i waypoint it so i dont need to keep changing waypoints? also, could someone waypoint my map?

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 12:52 am
quote:Originally posted by nickasummers... if i had a map where i sopmetimes changed the paths, could i waypoint it so i dont need to keep changing waypoints? also, could someone waypoint my map?

What do you mean by that? Is it a DM map? Are you connecting Path 1 directly into Path 2 on a regular basis or somethin'?

I'll waypoint it if it's 1337 enough.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 2:49 am
Sorry to be an impatient ass, but surely it doesn't take that long to waypoint a map Semagae xD

Keron Cyst
December 8, 2005, 3:20 am
We have lives, you know. But if it's been over a month, then maybe you indeed should PM him :-P

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 8:46 pm
sorry its taken so long, i was nearly done, got grounded, forgot, just reminded, now waypointing

EDIT:
alright, i played an online game the other day and. you guessed it, erased the waypoints, then(a few minutes ago) i re-waypointed alpha, compile it and *poof* most of the scenerie is scattered randomly :(
any ideas, did you want to do anything to the map(and me waypoint later, or would you mind re-adding all/most of the scenerie when i'm done?
thats all i can think of...

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 2:56 am
I made and compiled it in polyworks. That might have something to do with it...

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 1:05 am
hmm :?
so what do you want to do?

rabidhamster
December 13, 2005, 1:36 am
sweet, i got the 4000th hit :P

semagae, you're only 12?

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 2:08 am
wtf? 400th hit?

[IMAGE]
no
...yea...

Soulsnipa
December 13, 2005, 11:11 am
I added the same feature into the sml webpage as I had said I would do. I have to make some 'phone calls' but I should be able to get 2 more waypointers doing the same thing.

I've talked to mar77a and it seems he has agreed to allow the merging between his waypointing site and sml. Members can contact me on how to use sml to waypoint the maps.

Those going to upload their maps for waypointing. Click submit your map... upload your file and everything but click request waypoints before you submit the map. This will flag it for review and waypointing. You can check the status in the mapinfo window and the file will be updated, which can be seen through the date when it was last modified.

Martin Firth
December 16, 2005, 5:09 am
Hi, this is my first post here, but I;ve been reading the forums fr quite some time now. I am new to Map making, and I can;t get the hang of this waypointing stuff. Could someone please take a look at my map (link below) and tell me what I am doing wrong, or if you are feeling generous waypoint it for me XD. I know I have only made the path for the red team so far, but I am still concentrating on getting red bots to the flag.

http://maps.minddog.com/download.php?id=TUTtnoowqAj3lpkn7XiQ

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2005, 5:55 am
I can't check your map right now, so for now you should take a look at official maps; view only one Path, and see how it is done. I suggest something simple and straightforward like ctf_Kampf (don't look at DM maps for now; those are confusing to a wypting. n00b).

Read my FAQ at the top of this board, BTW ;-D