( search forums )
INF Break-In
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Haart
October 30, 2005, 12:03 pm
Here's a screeny - I'll upload the map if anyone wants it.
It's basically an infiltration map where red team starts in the pipe at the top, then makes their way to the storage room with the black flag. Then they go either the long way up or the more guarded way down to get to the white flag, where blue spawns.

Link fixed:
Overview

Download it here:
Here - thanks terrorinfant
Scenery Folder:
:Here - thanks terrorinfant

How does it look?
The waypointing is crazy, but I've *nearly* got it working - the red guys will go to the white flag, UNLESS they actually have the black flag, in which case they just hop around the bottom :(
They aren't able to go the long way at the top yet either - some thing just ain't worth doing :p
It should be fine for Multiplayer though :)

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 12:28 pm
i like the whole consept:D great map..

2 flaws, though.. there should me more than one way in\out.. and you should shade it.

otherwise.. the greatest of them all:D

rabidhamster
October 30, 2005, 2:24 pm
the custom scenery is... erm... annoying. it makes the soldat folder bigger and usually doesn't fit with the graphics theme of soldat itself. other than that, it's a nice map, eh?

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 2:27 pm
Awesome idea. Would be cool if you made a training map with this.

numgun
October 30, 2005, 3:09 pm
woot! its like sumtype of complex! upload! uplaod! upload! tho i am gonna edit it a little when u release it... in to a space station!

Haart
October 30, 2005, 3:19 pm
There is 2 ways in (note you start inside) - you can grab the flag, backtrack up to the middle level, then jet to the top - run along there and come in at the back :)

What do you mean by shade? (I'm a relative newb at this).

And which scenary specifically looks ^#$@? I'll gladly change it, but this is the first time I've posted it, so I've had no feedback thus far.

Thanks all :D

Oh, and where should I host it? I've got nowhere atm...

TeRRoRinFANt
October 30, 2005, 3:50 pm
Very nice map concept, and it even looks quite decent! Good job, it's lovable. Upload it, if you've got nowhere else, then perhaps here: http://www.soldat-lra.net/uploads/

Haart
October 30, 2005, 4:05 pm
Cheers; uploaded to http://www.soldat-lra.net/uploads/files/inf_Mission_Impossible.PMS
I'll update 1st post

:D

nfsjunkie91
October 30, 2005, 7:12 pm
umm.. i need the custom scenery for this map... it wont work otherwise

GAMEOVER
October 30, 2005, 7:39 pm
That looks like a really fun map if someone has an inf serv and will host this map plz post your serv info.

Leo
October 30, 2005, 7:47 pm
Tons of scenary files missing. Please apply them to the download.

Deleted User
October 30, 2005, 7:57 pm
Shadeing please.

Maybe, some more colors.

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 8:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by HaartHere's a screeny - I'll upload the map if anyone wants it.
It's basically an infiltration map where red team starts in the pipe at the top, then makes their way to the storage room with the black flag. Then they go either the long way up or the more guarded way down to get to the white flag, where blue spawns.

Link fixed:
Overview

Download it here:
Clicky

How does it look?
The waypointing is crazy, but I've *nearly* got it working - the red guys will go to the white flag, UNLESS they actually have the black flag, in which case they just hop around the bottom :(
They aren't able to go the long way at the top yet either - some thing just ain't worth doing :p
It should be fine for Multiplayer though :)

seems cool bro..! Only, perhaps you should make another long, long route from the phone booth(or whatever it is, that yellow thing on the surface)..
just a suggestion..

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 8:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHi like the whole consept:D great map..

2 flaws, though.. there should me more than one way in\out.. and you should shade it.

otherwise.. the greatest of them all:D

suggestion taken... hadn't seen it, sry!

Haart
October 31, 2005, 3:29 am
Um - with regards to the way in/out - the red guys start INSIDE already ;) I think I know what you mean, though, I'll play around with it.

and how I do I upload the custom Scenario files without uploading ALL of them? Do I go through one by one?

TeRRoRinFANt
October 31, 2005, 6:37 am
Yes, you should look which custom scenery files you used and put them in a "scenery-gfx" folder and upload. That's the usual thing when you upload a map: the pms file in the main folder, and a scenery-gfx subfolder (and a "texture" subfolder if you're having a custom texture).
If you're not sure if it's a custom scenery, upload it anyway, I think.

Haart
October 31, 2005, 7:56 am
Ok - I'll re-upload the main folder (with scenery included this time), and you can delete the old one. The New one will be called "inf_Break_In".

If there are still problems, let me know - I might have to upload my entire scen folder, though obviously this would be fustrating, and I'll upload it to somewhere else (don't want to burden your server, thanks though :) )

Haart
October 31, 2005, 8:18 am
Now:
Scenery: Here - thanks terrorinfant
Map:Here - thanks terrorinfant

Raptor
November 3, 2005, 1:07 am
Lacks shading... and try to make smooth polygons next time.