( search forums )
Secondary
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
.Loki
October 31, 2005, 12:51 am
Two seperate Ideas.

1) Be able to switch which weapon you start out with (E.G. If Knife is my secondary & shotgun is primary, I would start out with my Knife out). No more pressing Q every time you spawn.

2)Be able to NOT pick a primary weapon. I've wanted to play knife matches in non-knife-only servers, and it sucks when you have to drop your primary EVERY time you die.

Nothing big, but they would both be convenient. I know I've wished for them several times in game.

WarCry
October 31, 2005, 11:30 am
lol yes they would be convenient wouldnt it be cool if you could have knife as a primary weopeon and its like a thing going across chest with knifes in it :/ or maybe not

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 11:43 am
It ain't so hard, cause you only have to pick at the begining then you just press tab and it's finished...
Also pressing Q doesn't take away any crutial time either...

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 6:42 pm
Wow, so you want to make it faster to throw knife on spawn?

Sgt. Beaver, in the time you take pressing Q, you can get shot with a barret, have the majority of your health taken from an auto, or get killed.

Seriously.

Echo_Trail
October 31, 2005, 8:34 pm
its not like it's really a problem.. just pick your pri. and sec... then dodge or secure with primary if you don't have time to switch to sec.!

.Loki
November 1, 2005, 12:12 am
Not a big deal. Completely unneeded, but I still think it would be nice. AFter all, it's the little things that count.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:14 am
Echo_Trail, I dont think you would even be able to do that.

So um, basicly be able to choose to have your secondary out first. Really only useful for killing people right on spawn, but hey, its another feature, one that wouldnt hurt (Except if you're the one capturing the flag, or spawning)

You would probably have to modify the menu to get both effects in properly. My idea would be instead of clicking a weapon to close a menu, you select your weapon and knife and hit an "OK" button at the bottom, which can be shortcutted by Enter. Dont select a primary, then no primary. Dont select a secondary, then no secondary.

For your idea as to which one comes first, have it where whatever weapon you pick will bold in. Pick another primary/secondary and it will bold in, meaning its the gun you'll wield first, so you select Shotgun, Knife, and itd start you off with knife. To start off with Shotgun, youd have to just hit shotgun again.

:D

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:23 am
This would be convenient for a knife only server, because its annoying when you run by and accidentaly pick up a gun and start shooting.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 6:18 am
meh sounds good, nice little extra thingy for MM to put in

.Loki
November 2, 2005, 1:39 am
Idea #2 could easily be implimented by adding 'fist' or 'none' to both primary and secondary weapons.

I was thinking something along the lines of a check box for #1, but anything that works is fine.

Kaider
November 9, 2005, 6:23 am
Number one isn't that important,but number two would be pretty cool. Maybe changeable under the player or settings tab for which weapon you would like to pick up? And if you don't know how to counter spawn campers,I feel sorry for you.

Yuth
November 11, 2005, 2:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacide
"My idea would be instead of clicking a weapon to close a menu, you select your weapon and knife and hit an "OK" button at the bottom, which can be shortcutted by Enter."
Yeah, what about that...
Make it so that we can select the weapons and then hit Enter.

But also I would like it to not be just "Primary Secondary".
So that you can choose two Primary's or two Secondary's at spawn.
(Two knives at spawn etc. / Two Barrets at spawn etc.)

I think that would be pretty cool, and more challanging.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 4:41 am
(@ Yuth)

No.

.Loki
November 12, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Officer_Bulbock(@ Yuth)

No.

Pretty much sums up my response.

Yuth.. what is challenging about two barrets? You pretty much took the idea in my post and pissed all over it.

no offense.

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:32 am
Registered users should be able to pick whatever they want. I want to spawn with my deagles&spas combo!

Koon
November 12, 2005, 5:04 pm
It be kind of fun if you could spawn with any combo of secondaries, like 2 LAWs or a knife and chainsaw.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 5:40 pm
Yeah, if it was just for the secondary I would like that.