( search forums )
New Game Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
WarCry
October 31, 2005, 7:15 am
Ok my suggestion is a new game mode.(This will require big maps)

It is like infriltation but differnt and more complex. You have two teams Defence and Assult and there is three checkpoints or more.

The Assult team needs to take over in a certain amount of time and if they dont succeed or they do when time runs out the defence team changes to assult and they have a go.

To take over one checkpoint you could just make it that they pass a certain spot or somthing and when they do it opens up like a bridge into the next checkpoint or somthing and that the defence team starts spawning at the next checkpoint until the assult team can take that over.

A idea of map could be this-
A fortress once assult team reachs the walls and survives there for 30 seconds that Fortress gate opens up and they can enter next checkpoint. Then Assult team must clear out defence team in fortress and survive in their for say 1min and then a door opens in2 a new room where they must capture their objective to win. Thats just a quick example of a type of map but there could be many more.

Its just a suggestion im up for negative feedback or positive

rabidhamster
October 31, 2005, 10:05 am
ok... one teensy problem. i'm sorry, but soldat maps can't have dynamic polygons. they don't change. the .pms map format would have to be redone, which would be really annoying, as many map making programs have been made and they would all be obsolete.

Echo_Trail
October 31, 2005, 2:57 pm
it's a good consept though.. i like it! but hey, maybe we should just focus on the modes we allready have.. half of them are never uded anyway..

Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 6:45 pm
This isn't America's Army, or CS.

I doubt anyone would play it, either.

And, remaking the .PMS format, won't happen, so this probably won't happen.

zyxstand
November 1, 2005, 4:41 am
this is def. one of those game types that won't happen because way too much change is requested. the idea of having checkpoints and the new file format (as mentioned) are just too much to be asked for.

im Spicy
November 1, 2005, 4:45 am
Ya man, Its not like there is a whole team of developers makeing this game.....Its just one man, with a lot of spare time i assume.

WarCry
November 1, 2005, 8:14 am
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakThis isn't America's Army, or CS.

I dunno where you got Aa from this idea is nothing like the game modes in aa

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 8:53 am
it's more like the idea of it... don't take it litterally.. though ofcourse it is litterally not AA! or CS speaking of..

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 6:42 pm
AA and CS is solely OBJECTIVE based gaming.
This mode is OBJECTIVE based gaming.

quote:The Assult team needs to take over in a certain amount of time
IMHO that is what infiltration should be, and the current INF needs to be refit to your game mode.

zyxstand
November 1, 2005, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakAA and CS is solely OBJECTIVE based gaming.
This mode is OBJECTIVE based gaming.

quote:The Assult team needs to take over in a certain amount of time
IMHO that is what infiltration should be, and the current INF needs to be refit to your game mode.

exactly! so far, the only 'objectives' in soldat are simple ones; cap OR get most kills OR kill rambo and get bow (and then kill) OR kill some more OR defend the flag

those are it. now, if you want to turn soldat into an 'objective' kinda game, then ask michal to create a single player campaign and to make sodlat moddable......till then, this won't happen.

Stern
November 2, 2005, 5:33 am
I get what he means, and it could be more like the assault mode in bf2. There are a bunch of checkpoints on the map, scattered in different locations. You have to go to a checkpoint and stay there for 10 seconds to take control of it. You can take control back from other teams. The more checkpoints you control, the faster you gain (or the other teams lose) points. This wouldn't require dynamic polygons, and could be a new pickup type (that's not actually a pickup).

i am ahab
November 2, 2005, 2:55 pm
there have been battlefield type suggestions before.

personally i like the idea. but i dont code the game.

Chonoryoku
November 2, 2005, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakThis isn't America's Army, or CS.

Actually, this sounds like Enemy Territory to me. 0_o

Rhombus
November 5, 2005, 7:06 pm
it really sounds like UT2k4's assault mode

Scrooge
January 1, 2006, 9:52 am
Sounds like conker live and reloaded

DeLarge
January 1, 2006, 9:54 am
Stop digging up a 3 month-old topic!