( search forums )
******* access violations!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
xeneron
October 31, 2005, 8:08 pm
i get access violations extremely commonly, how do i fix this? at random times i get them and all freeze the game. so i have to return to my desktop, and all access violations are the same code, 000000000... wtf??? they even come up on the games i made. what, i violated myself??? wtf??? help would be very appreciated. i do have 2 mods in the same client, the unreal tornament one and the halo3.0 one, so i dunno. i also get some map errors, from the 246 maps mod things.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 7:46 am
Sentences. Use them.

Ensure you unpacked the files properly.

b00stA
November 3, 2005, 5:06 pm
READ: Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list

Access Violation

Although in version 1.2 this problem was supposed to be fixed, it still occurs now and then. The error message commonly being:

'Access Violation at address 0055411E in module 'Soldat.exe', Read of address 0000000000'

It's been reported that it happens more frequently during viewing of Demos. To solve this problem do the following:1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - It's the most common cause of this problem
2. Do not use 'Reg Cracks' On Soldat
3. Uninstall soldat
4. Delete the Soldat folder
5. Restart Your Computer
6. Install soldat 1.3
7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder*
b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder*
8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder** If you do not see these files do the following:

Open My Computer, go to Tools > Folder options > View, enable 'Show hidden files and folders', click 'Apply to all folders', Yes and then Ok

If those files are on your system, you'll be able to find and delete them now. However, if you don't have them, then steps 1 #8211; 7 should have fixed the problem.

If this does not solve the issue, then you have programs running that are interfering with Soldat. Close ALL Messengers, Chat programs, Anti-Virus programs, etc. Before running Soldat to ensure it is the most stable. Then try running Soldat with one program open at a time until you find which program you must leave closed to play Soldat.

Also, ensure that you do not have any spyware or keyloggers, trojans, virii, etc. on your system as they cause these issues as well. Update your Anti-Virus, perform a full system scan, and use helpful programs such as Adaware to remove any spyware you may have.

xeneron
November 3, 2005, 11:02 pm
uh i didn't find the dxlog.chk, but i found the cmodule,dll in the soldat 1.3 folder, and another one in the soldat 1.2.1 folder and another 3 in the C:\RECYCLER folder. i deleted the cmodule.dll in the 1.3 folder, but i don't know what else to do. and i did enable the hidden folders thing.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:13 am
Yeah. It's pretty much common knowledge that if it's in the sticky or FAQ, I won't answer your question.

Since Boosta took the time however, you have all you need right there. Just read it. We can't do it for you.

xeneron
November 4, 2005, 11:34 pm
but its not that address code, its the 004 codes. i tried the sticky, but it still didn't work. so...any other solutions?

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 9:10 am
Also, ensure that you do not have any spyware or keyloggers, trojans, virii, etc. on your system as they cause these issues as well. Update your Anti-Virus, perform a full system scan, and use helpful programs such as Spybot S&D and Adaware to remove any spyware you may have.

i am ahab
November 5, 2005, 2:57 pm
lol. dude, dont worry about the actual code. windows has thousands. and the 0x bit is a memory address so it'll be different all the time/on different machines etc etc...