( search forums )
Realize please
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
October 31, 2005, 11:58 pm
It's for the INF_ on ice contest, I feel a little bit sorry/guilty because the contest is pretty empty and I promised to enter, but havent got the time.

If someone could make this map and then post it in the contest thread itd be splendid! Its just the basic idea but hey, once you got started ...

Its supposed to be a mountain/glacier, pretty self-explanatory. Icy on top, lots of cracks to take cover in, a little fog low etc.
RS Red Spawn
BS Blue Spawn
SG Stat Gun

[IMAGE]

Thaanks! [:)]

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 12:06 am
Looks very tough for the reds...

warpo
November 1, 2005, 12:52 am
Edit:Sorry sticky

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 9:04 am
Yeah I made it! I'm making now daylight version.

WarCry
November 1, 2005, 9:50 am
I like it i hope someone makes

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 9:53 am
http://rainrider.byethost5.com/soldat/inf_shrehu1.jpg
http://rainrider.byethost5.com/soldat/inf_shrehu2.jpg

m00`
November 1, 2005, 10:32 am
hey thats actually really nice, i like the night one more

Haart
November 1, 2005, 1:23 pm
wow....
that's SWEET :D

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 1:45 pm
Wow, thats noice! I like the night one better (nightlights still in my mind), but if you havent already started, put a few scenerys in 'em. Gj!

By the way, care to tell us what shrehu means?

P.S pretty shading [;)]

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 3:43 pm
Ad 1. K , adding sceneries started.
Ad 2. Shrehu is just random generated name ;)

Keron Cyst
November 1, 2005, 3:51 pm
Wow, rainrider! That map absolutely pwns! I'd love if you could make some maps I've drawn on paper.

I'll waypoint that map rainrider made if you want, Coq Rouge

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 4:21 pm
Since I only drew it on paper and stuff and rainrider made it, so you could just ask him.
All im asking for is a pixel somewhere for the layout :>

Maybe Ill just start drawing maps and let somone else realize them, as others can make them so much more beautiful.

Shrehu sounds funky

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 4:41 pm
Sceneries added [only to the night version].
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9644/infshrehu1a0do.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1156/infshrehu1b0nf.jpg

Coq Rouge, PM to get DLink.

The Geologist
November 1, 2005, 4:51 pm
Edit: Removed on account of dumbness.

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 5:29 pm
No, no. Anna made ananas_pistacja.bmp. This is other texture :)

The Geologist
November 1, 2005, 6:11 pm
Hmm..my bad. Looked damn similar in those shots.

Edit: Damn good looking, btw :D

Keron Cyst
November 1, 2005, 6:24 pm
Can you "realize" my maps as well? I've drawn plenty of level layouts on paper but I'm terrible with polygons!

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2005, 7:02 pm
rainrider do you use polyworks, if not props to you!

I've yet to try polyworks, it looks almost too easy :)

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:20 pm
It's gonna be real cool as everyone battles just there at the gate.. god, and a stationary gun just at the entrance.. it'll be a bloodbath! for red atleast :D

rabidhamster
November 1, 2005, 8:59 pm
we map makers all hate you, rainrider. YOU SUCK.

what i mean is, nice job, but, although i didn't want to tell you, you just wasted your time. that layout makes very poor gameplay. i mean, VERY poor. with only one path, it sucks.

rainrider
November 1, 2005, 9:36 pm
Yeah? I made this map EXACTLY from pic. Polygon angles r EXACTLY the same. I made LAYOUT as LOOK, not as MAP IDEA.

so send ur critic to picture creator, not to me. hiho :D

Eventually you're envious of my fast map creating time :P

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 10:05 pm
rainrider's right, if you want to rant, Im here [x)]. You cant blame him for something he has nothing to do with ..

I guess youre right though, about the one path, but if you didnt get it already this map isnt throughtly considered for hours and hours, its just something I came up with for the contest.

quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster
we map makers all hate you, rainrider. YOU SUCK.

Uhh, have you guys had some kind of meeting and everyone agreed hating rainrider or something? On what is this based? Somehow Im getting this feeling that "we all" is "me".

So, if youve got a problem with this map, youre barking at the wrong tree [:p]

headstone
November 1, 2005, 10:29 pm
I think that rabidhampster is just pissed that rainrider is so damn good.

Like, it's not even his layout, talk to the topic poster, don't give rr [CENSORED].

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 1:09 am
no one hates rainrider

vash763
November 2, 2005, 2:46 am
You know the front of the hill that's not used much (lower part)? Maybe that could have a tunnel running below everything else. Then have the tunnel snake it's way into the right flag room.

Sound ok?

Chonoryoku
November 2, 2005, 8:07 pm
Way too hard for Alpha. >: They'll have to fight past newly spawned Bravos and come back the way they came, assuming they can get past the defenders that spawned at the stat guns.

Maybe a way out on the other side of the cave would bve good. There could be a single Bravo spawn there and maybe a stat gun. <:

Keron Cyst
November 2, 2005, 11:28 pm
No. That's what I thought at first but it's actually good the way it is; you don't know what the actual gameplay is like.

rainrider
November 3, 2005, 6:49 am
It's like inf_invasion, but completely otherwise.. ;>

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 10:23 am
as an experienced mapmaker for my own delight, THATS RIGHT I AM A MAPMAKER BUT YOULL NEVER SEE MY MAPS MUHAHAHA, um sorry for that, yes anyway i believe that accoring to the rough pictures ive seen and the screen shot it appears that this map does infact reverse the always have more then one entrance rule, through the use of so called "offensive pushing". that is that the game would revolve around pushing blue back until you can get the flag. its actualy a technique i use in some of my maps, the ones youll never see :P
EDIT: for those who couldnt understand ITS CALLED TEAM WORK

Keron Cyst
November 5, 2005, 6:23 pm
I'm sorry but I will have to deviate from the original layout. I will trash the eastern flag spawn and keep only the one to the left, and shove all north-eastern Bravo SPs to the top-right. Here are some pics. of it and other stuff I added.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

I will leave the download link up to rainrider whether he decides this version is all right or not. This one is waypointed, tho'.

rainrider
November 5, 2005, 7:04 pm
Yeah, GJ \m/

teamwork rulez :>

Keron Cyst
November 6, 2005, 2:06 am
So it's all right? Better update your post in the map contest thread, then!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/197885/inf_Shrehu.PMS