( search forums )
Poly Shrinking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
afly
November 1, 2005, 12:21 am
Sometimes I make a map, and its just too big and its a pain to keep the dimentions I had while trying to make it smaller, if only you could highlight the map and drag your mouse and watch it gradually shrink. would be awesome!. Some maps you feel need to be a little bigger? Blow them up, some too big? shrink them down. XD. (also ties into my idea of cnping polys between maps, those "designs" one makes are sometimes to big and again are a pain to shrink, or sometimes are too small.)

The Geologist
November 1, 2005, 12:45 am
You can already do this in polyworks I believe. You just have to highlight a poly (or a group of them), bring up the properties box, and then use the scaling tools to size the polys as you like. It's not click and drag, but you just have to enter different values to scale the x and y dimensions of the polys and it's just as easy.

afly
November 1, 2005, 4:49 am
wow, I must have skiped over this. Thank you! :).

The Geologist
November 1, 2005, 4:48 pm
F.Y.I. - You can do the same thing to sceneries as well. Also, you can rotate them by a certain angle to find the perfect fit. Polyworks has tons of great features for manipulating things in the little ways that you couldn't do so easily before. Enjoy.