( search forums )
Anything can be countered...stop trying to..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
KnOt
November 1, 2005, 1:25 am
Apparently, a lot of people seem to think the mp5 is overpowered. Well if you ask me, all the other autos are fine against it... especially AK. In fact I would even say that Ak > mp5, especially on maps like b2b. Then of course we have to take into consideration that there are other weapons in soldat besides the autos. For instance, in close range, the spas is still the best. On maps like nuubia, the 1 hit kills are beter to use, just because there is always something to move around, and hide behind.. and then quickly pop out and shoot. It is for this same reason that the Knife owns the LAW on maps like Nuubia.

If I'm going alte route against someone using a barret, then I know that the best thing to do is spray him, he/she will then probably change to something else..Then what usually happens is we end up using the same weapon... Which I think is only fair, and not a problem.

Or if I was playing against a spas , i'd either use something good for close range too, or something to counter it completely, like Ruger for the long range..

I guess that what I'm trying to say is.. Every weapon can be countered..I don't expect to be able to use 1 of the weapons in soldat in every situation. Why do you think we have this variety?

Timmy
November 3, 2005, 1:50 pm
yay, this sounds like its really really clever topic, but
it has got some mistakes. first if you meet a really good barreter and you dont spray then you cant kill him. ak is really good, should be nerfed.
of course you can counter every weapon.but these topics are not about saying "you can kill everyone" but more like "how easy is to kill someone" with the weapons. for example try to kill a defending AK user or even pass him. you will have to take ruger or barret and even with it its not easy. but for him it is and even if you kill him you will be nearly dead. (im not talking bout people being better then some other people, this was just an example)