the total package. A few things are missing. All we get is some

pretty good camo that can be seen with a good focused eye. If you've

seen any predator related movies and played any AVP games, you'll

know what I'm talking about. Predators did more than use the awesome

camo. They had the thermal helmet thingy, that enables them to see

almost any living creature. They also have the self-destruct bomb

that basically pooned anything miles away from the bomb. I refer to

it as a mini nuke bomb. Anyways, those are two of the top things

relating to predators that are missing in the predator mode bonus.

Without those things, I think it should have a different name. Now

if this was introduced in the next version I think it should have

options. Like instead of using the bonus right away, it should

appear in your weapon choice, at the very botton of your secondary

weapon choice area. Infact, all bonusez should be like that. You

should be able to save em for future use, until the map/match is

over with. Now back on tract. The predator mode should have 3

choices. The original stealth choice, the nightvision choice( say

goodbye to campers), and the self-destruct choice. The new self

destuct would kill EVERY enemy on the map causing them to all

respawn at the same time. If friendly fire is on, then that might

not be the best tactic for you lol. Anyways that about sums this up.

I highly support this idea, and I hope other people do as well.

Please keep this thread alive. If you have any comments, don't hold

back. Speak your mind. Any better ideas towards my improvements are

also welcome. Thanks for listening. See you on the battlefield

soldier!!

peemonkey
November 1, 2005, 2:18 am
Been suggested before.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 2:34 am
There's more than one suggestion in there. Not really suprized if the main topic has been suggested though. If it has, was it elaborated?

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 2:35 am
headstone, you are an [CENSORED].

You deserve to be crucified, seriously..

Anyways, I'm all for the thermal aimbot crap, but no nukes.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 2:39 am
Yes headstone's a spammer, but I typed it like that because the words were bunched up, so I made it easier to read. ( I hope )

The nuke is somewhat good for your teamates. the person using it, has to die though.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:11 am
Pointless. There are few maps that enable you to benefit from having "nightvision." Most standard maps don't have any spots where campers are completely undetectable. As for the saving bonuses thing, that would be too abused. In CTF, anyone could just run to the flag and use a flame god for an easy capture.

The nuke is just ridiculous.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:33 am
Hmm good points^^ Ok what if they make it so you aren't able to have a primary weapon and bonus at the same time. That would make things less abusive. I mean flags are near spawn points. MOST players don't last long in those areas. That means the bonuses would be gone fast if used the way you said.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 6:31 am
no nuke, but the heat vision thing would be cool during the use of the power up, and make the screen darker and change everyone so they look red, could be done now easily

m00`
November 1, 2005, 7:19 am
i think predators should have the ability to see other predators heat with the heat vision but not their body, so it would be blobs of red stuff on the screen

November 1, 2005, 7:52 am
too complicated. You want to make this, you have to make everything else elaborated, including berserker, vest, and flame god.

can't be done, it would be too easy for preds to wreck the place, 21 seconds is too long for something as powerful as that

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 8:38 am
that thermal thing is crap.. i eman, it sounds really good and all, but it's just 2 much! remember, this is soldat, charmed by it's primitive yet tons-of-fun structure.. man, if you wan't thermal vision, mini nukes, lightsabres, millenium falcons, missing inkara stones and all sorts of non-soldat-related features, talk to George Lucas..

WarCry
November 1, 2005, 9:41 am
Yeah predator mode is good now how it is add all these extra things and get ready for alot more problems and probly people complaing alot.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 4:52 pm
If you wanna get realistic on me, then perhaps just make thermal goggles.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 6:40 pm
Or maybe just play realistic mode.

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:31 pm
hell yeah.. if you want all that [CENSORED], play splinter dell instead! soldat has basically been t6he same since it first came, only miner things have been added.. mostly repairs and upgradings.. if we add to mush, it's gonna be a hole other game..!

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 8:24 pm
don't falme me all because you don't like the idea. Atleast be mature about it. Tweak the predator mode would make this a whole different game. I mean you act like we HAVE to use them. Well you don't. You can disable bonuses. If the was ever added in an update, these things could disabled to.

Stern
November 2, 2005, 5:26 am
Remember man, this is SOLDAT, not AVP. The predator mode in Soldat doesn't have to be the same as predators in AVP.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 8:07 pm
True True

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 10:52 pm
i only like the idea of being able to select the power-up whenever you want, maybe there cna be a small space beside the glag score that shows what power up you use and you can click on it to activate it, of course you would have to wait until your in the open or there reloading. imagine suming trying to kill you with steyr and you suddenly put pred on and sneak up behin them.

just a though...

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 12:29 am
Heh thx for the support

i am ahab
November 3, 2005, 11:25 am
omg

it

hurts

too read

all the

new lines

all the time

and no sentences

why

just why

as for

your suggestion

im not big on it

as this isnt avp (soldat automated responce #154: soldat is soldat, not game X)

and the predator's abilites are a bit mismatched compared to the abilites of the other soldaten. for instance being able to jump great heights and harpoon people can alter an ongoing game drastically. whereas at the mo a good player can survive a predator atack from a lesser skilled player.

you're right though, the predator bonus is more of a stealth box than an actual predator ability.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 8:07 pm
Spacing my lines doesn't hurt. Apreciate the fact that I actually made it easier for you to read.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 8:50 pm
I agree that current predator is crap. How do people see you in perfect stealth? You need complete invisibility. But I think thermal would look weird.

Puddle Jumper
November 13, 2005, 3:01 am
Just one thing to say... well, maybe a few. Lets think about this logically, and realistically. If you got this giant box that when you touched it, you would be invisible, even slightly so. How in the hell would you store that kind of thing? It just doesn't even make sence. Although I think its an interesting idea, it would be a whole nother way of cheap. Think about it. Whenever you get a bonus that is a mode(berzerker, god, predator), it regenerates your health completely. If you are trying to blast some FC, but he keeps on putting predator mode on, or flame god, then his health would regenerate each time. And taking that out would just be harmful to the game. I use the modes constantly for a source of health, not only the bonus.

I am just saying this as an opinion, not as a negative opinion. I started my own thread, and got trashed in it. It was 4 pages long, about to be 5, when the moderators deleted it. It was violent and going no where. But, I would just like to say that it is good to have contructive critisism, don't you think? If you figure out a way to not make it cheap, and not too much work for the poor poor programmers, and more efficient than the other way; I will be behind you 120%! The only problem I see with it is the cheapness that people would exploit.

P.S. Sorry if I came across as negative in any way.

headstone
November 19, 2005, 1:06 am
Wait... looking at this thread.. what's with all the hate for me at the beginning? :s Did I even post or what?

I'd rather not be crucified.