( search forums )
There is hope for nintendo after all(pics inside)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
karmazon
November 1, 2005, 4:36 am
Just kidding, there is none

peemonkey
November 1, 2005, 4:49 am
LOOK! IT'S KARMAZON! BABY EATER EXTRAORDINAIRE! ALL HAIL! COMES FROM WATER IN THE SKY!

Captain Ben
November 1, 2005, 5:44 am
...I like my DS :D

AerialAssault
November 1, 2005, 6:09 am
nintendo is the best because surprisingly, they are all about innovation and originality. whereas microsoft and sony just want money. ill probably get a revolution.

Unlucky 13
November 1, 2005, 6:49 am
If Envoy won the Melbourne Cup I'd be getting a DS right now :(

Nintendo is a semi-veteran company when it comes to consoles... yet still, Atari should have kept going with consoles, they'd be ledgendary by now, but all they do these days is games...

Rhombus
November 1, 2005, 7:16 am
Unlucky, that's a different atari, and used to be infogrames... Not the legendary atari... or so I've heard

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 7:56 am
haha envoy was crap, i put 10 bucks on the lowest one, if i wont i would of got like 2400 bucks :P

Captain Ben
November 1, 2005, 8:49 am
Fekkin class raffle. I got Rizon, and the stupid thing only got mentioned once. I was listening on the radio :(

EDIT: Out of the next gen consoles, there's so much to be excited around. I want a Revolution, but after the lesson I learnt with my much loved Gamecube, I'm hoping to get lucky and manage to buy myself an Xbox 360. Personally, I think the Revolution control kicks ass.

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 9:13 am
for all these long years i have been a true nintendo fan, and ofcourse zelda fan as well.. but i gotta say, "prince of persia: the sands of time" for ps2, blew the hell out of me..
but i'm still a fan..

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 9:58 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonJust kidding, there is none

Seen teh new Zelda for GameCube coming out in 2006? Looks neat.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 4:43 pm
Yeah. Definetaly getting the new Zelda. IF I get the Revolution, it is Nintendo's last chance, not with handhelds though, to entertain me better than the G-cube did.

Echo_Trail
November 1, 2005, 7:26 pm
yeah.. my God!! I think it was kinda sad how they did the WindWaker.. didn't really have anything to do with Zelda! but this new game.. Looks awesome! It's like with the Ocarina of Time, just better graph! Fuuuck! I can't wait.. and the horseback riding? i read it's going to very advanced how you fight and all.. downloadet the trailer... it look so wicked!!

a-4-year-old
November 1, 2005, 9:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultnintendo is the best because surprisingly, they are all about innovation and originality. whereas microsoft and sony just want money. ill probably get a revolution.

graphics+cotrols+good gameplay+no remote controls>innovation+crappy graphics+stupid ideas+too many acessories+italian steriotypes

ps2 pwns because of its wide selection of games,

Xbox sucks because there are 2 games worth playing on it: halo and halo 2
nintendo sucks because of its lack of "pushing-the-envelope" on tech and games, all there is is zelda, mario, and melee

Kazuki
November 1, 2005, 10:14 pm
Aerial Assault, I honestly don't see what's so original about the Nintendo game consoles when the majority of their games are Mario and Pokemon and all that. Seriously ... I'm beginning to see the day when Mario Car Washing will become an official game.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 10:30 pm
I would be so happy if they would start bringing in titles like Halo and all those other shooting type games, besides Metroid and that type of stuff. If they do that, then I think it will be good.

AerialAssault
November 1, 2005, 10:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldquote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultnintendo is the best because surprisingly, they are all about innovation and originality. whereas microsoft and sony just want money. ill probably get a revolution.

graphics+cotrols+good gameplay+no remote controls>innovation+crappy graphics+stupid ideas+too many acessories+italian steriotypes

ps2 pwns because of its wide selection of games,

Xbox sucks because there are 2 games worth playing on it: halo and halo 2
nintendo sucks because of its lack of "pushing-the-envelope" on tech and games, all there is is zelda, mario, and melee
you sir. are an idiot.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 10:59 pm
silly child

Keron Cyst
November 2, 2005, 12:41 am
Let's put it this way: computer > all consoles.

Michal
November 2, 2005, 12:55 am
That was great :D

this thread will make my sister angry :>

karmazon
November 2, 2005, 2:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal

ill make your sister wet

Cookie.
November 2, 2005, 2:38 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonquote:Originally posted by Michal

ill make your sister wet

Haha I get Angelina Jolie then! KEKE

Aegis
November 2, 2005, 2:40 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultnintendo is the best because surprisingly, they are all about innovation and originality. whereas microsoft and sony just want money. ill probably get a revolution.

Hahaha...
I've lost a lot of faith in Nintendo. Or atleast NOA.. :/
If they hope to be competitive with the next-gen Revolution, they better drop the kiddie theme.
I took a look at the X-box 360 down at BestBuy(They have a big-screen out front where 1 person can play games on it) and I was dissapointed. I'm just waiting to see if the PS3 will be as good as the specs claim.

AerialAssault
November 2, 2005, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystLet's put it this way: computer > all consoles.
this is true. and i am a PC gamer. but if the revolution turns out to be a success, i will buy one.

Unlucky 13
November 2, 2005, 7:44 am
quote:Originally posted by RhombusUnlucky, that's a different atari, and used to be infogrames... Not the legendary atari... or so I've heard

Really? Well, that's news to me!

Captain Ben
November 2, 2005, 8:09 am
Ditto.
BTW: Mario was originally licensed to Atari :o

papasurf31
November 2, 2005, 12:00 pm
Oh, because Mario Tennis, Soccer, baseball, and soon to come: Mario Water Polo absolutely SCREAMS originality and innovation. Milking franchises for money, what are you talking about?

frogboy
November 2, 2005, 12:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Oh, because Mario Tennis, Soccer, baseball, and soon to come: Mario Water Polo absolutely SCREAMS originality and innovation. Milking franchises for money, what are you talking about?
Don't forget Mario Golf and the several (hundred) Mario Kart games.

Echo_Trail
November 2, 2005, 1:06 pm
HaHa! you guys are killing me:D i totally agree! It's like, combine the mario concept with any other game, and you have an all new and complete original title.. Hell.. the Legend of Mario: The Phantom Menace.. it's really just stupid..

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 1:06 pm
The Mario sports games suck huge amounts of [CENSORED] (Just like any other sports games) but the platformer ones are made of many different kinds of god and win.

Also: <FrogboY> anyway, i'm gonna play mario tennis for a while
:OoOo

papasurf31
November 2, 2005, 3:04 pm
Yeah, it's true they are good, but not nessecarily original or innovative. Like, I think Ratchet and Clank is more innovative because it combined big badass guns with cutesy platformers and some mild adult humor thrown in.

The only game that might have had any innovative concepts in the Mario series was the waterpack from Mario:Sunshine, and well...

SHINE GET!

no, just no.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 4:43 pm
Many people are saying Mario Baseball rocks, though. I thought Mario Tennis was actually playable. :o

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 6:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31The only game that might have had any innovative concepts in the Mario series was the waterpack from Mario:Sunshine, and well...

Not really, original Super Mario Bros set the standard for 2D platformers and Super Mario World had Yoshi. (VEHICLES!!) Super Mario 64 was quite unique, too.

?
November 2, 2005, 6:38 pm
Don't bash on the Mart Kart: Double Dash, me and my friends have had hours of good times playing that game, but sadly I am so enolved with Morrowind I don't play much G-cube now, but when I get the cash to buy the 2nd Tony Hawk underground or the newest Tony Hawk game Ill be on it till I beat the sucker, then ill trade it in for store credit :D
Btw the rerelease of the Ocarina of Time onto G-cube was so cool, the 64 controler gave me too many blisters, sadly I lost the disc =/

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 6:47 pm
Morrowind rocks when you have all the good mods on it :D

?
November 2, 2005, 6:50 pm
Better heads and Better Bodies is really all you need, everything else is just kinda... "there"

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 8:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonJust kidding, there is none

are you a attention[CENSORED]?

YES!!

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 8:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?Better heads and Better Bodies is really all you need, everything else is just kinda... "there"

I've found that mods such as Vampire Embrace, Living Morrowind and the Lighting mod expand the game by loads and without making it unbalanced.

blackdevil0742
November 2, 2005, 10:21 pm
I want Elderscrolls IV Oblivion! :D

Captain Ben
November 3, 2005, 5:57 am
Mario Kart and Mario Tennis are actually up among my most favourite N64 games! But then again, Mario Kart on any console is classic. They're games that anyone can pick up and play.

frogboy
November 3, 2005, 8:02 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by karmazonJust kidding, there is none

You are a idiot.

EDIT: id > all.

LazehBoi
November 3, 2005, 5:47 pm
Do a barrel roll!

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 6:02 pm
WE SHOULD MAKE A SONG ABOUT THE BASH PIT

oh, bash pit, so full of sh!t I CANT BELIIEEEEEEVE IT!
ok someone else make the rest

?
November 3, 2005, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742I want Elderscrolls IV Oblivion! :D

I already reserved my copy.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 8:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by karmazonJust kidding, there is none

You are a idiot.

EDIT: id > all.

was i talking to you, commie scum?!

Captain Ben
November 3, 2005, 9:17 pm
SHUT UP HHH YOU [CENSORED]TARD.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 9:34 pm
quote:was i talking to you, commie scum?!

karmazon
November 3, 2005, 11:23 pm
HHH shut the [CENSORED] up you vagina mold, everyone was talking about consoles, no one even mentioned me, until you, i think you should break some crackers over your eyes, then try to get the pieces out with a fork

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 11:36 pm
was i talking to you, cracker crumbler?

lithium
November 3, 2005, 11:44 pm
lolololololololo

DUELZ!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FIVE!!

papasurf31
November 3, 2005, 11:46 pm
Well, They certainly established those respective genres, but since then, I haven't seen much in terms of innovation from them that wasn't gimmicky or niche (Donkey Konga drums, Verdict: LAME, Virtual Boy: sucked.)

They definitely started portable gaming, I'll give them that, but sequels to the gameboy haven't been much in terms of change: size, color, resolution? The DS's dual screens are still gimmicky until I see a game that truly uses both of them and the touch capabilities to their full extent other than as a mouse pointer.

Back then, a lot of things could be considered original, since not much had been done before, Video Games were in their infancy. 3D polygonal engines were developed, and *BOOM* comes Mario 64, as much a test of technology as anything; awesome game, but still driven as much by curiosity as innovation. Now, video games are a much more developed industry, and the world of making games has come forward in leaps and bounds. Can nintendo really keep up the innovation that so many things have been done already?

Yoshi as a vehicle is true, but it was some simplistic that It could more easily be seen as another powerup (which the series also made, damn I'm countering my own argument). True behicles didn't appear until Star Fox...[CENSORED]. Battlezone tanks FTW.

Okay, Nintendo did a lot of new [CENSORED] back in the 8-64 bits days, and almost all of their games have been gems in gaming history oen way or another. But now, since gamecube, what have you seen? And the revolution controller seems to me more like an excuse for nintendo to sell more expensive but high quality peripherals to milk as much money out of it's consumers as possible, with innovation taking a back seat here.

nfsjunkie91
November 4, 2005, 12:33 am
i just can't wait for the great console convergence (TGCC) ahh, all the best games will come out then. SUPER SOLID FINAL FANTASMAL MARIO BATTLE DIRECTOR'S CUT: THE PIKACHU OF DOOM MEETS A GUY NAMED RATCHET!!! instores - never 2006

LazehBoi
November 4, 2005, 5:31 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31The DS's dual screens are still gimmicky until I see a game that truly uses both of them and the touch capabilities to their full extent other than as a mouse pointer.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=6604&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=274&products_id=7334&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=274&products_id=7580&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=274&products_id=5527&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=274&products_id=5530&
I'm pretty sure most if not all of those use the touch screen (and some use the microphone, too) in a way that isn't only a mouse pointer.
And HELL NO I AM NOT A FANBOY I SWEAR

TheFunktopus
November 4, 2005, 5:51 am
Nintendogs uses the touch screen and the microphone! ^_^

Captain Ben
November 4, 2005, 5:55 am
Papasurf, you've got a [CENSORED]load of good points.
Personally, I believe that this generation of consoles really did take a backseat on innovation.
Microphones, mats, bongos, internet multiplayer, eyetoys- are all things that we've already seen. This may be innovative in terms of consoles, but their big bad counterpart, PCs have done all of this and more.

*Drools over laser golf*

?
November 5, 2005, 12:10 am
quote:The DS's dual screens are still gimmicky until I see a game that truly uses both of them and the touch capabilities to their full extent other than as a mouse pointer.

I played Kirby's Canvas Curse on my brother DS, if I had the money I would buy a DS jsut for that game, Its funner then a red rubber ball!

papasurf31
November 5, 2005, 4:10 pm
yeah, all those games you mentioned were semi-decent, but they all did emulate what a mouse could do, which is point and click and drag objects. What a mouse can't do is be in two places at once, cover large areas, detect pressure and size of what is touching it. All those games you mentioned could be recreated for the PC with no problem what-so-ever (and have, thnx to warez).

BTW - I'm not anti-nintendo specifically (<3 nintendogs). I'm just saying that if you want to gush, at least have grounds for it.

TheFunktopus
November 6, 2005, 6:21 am
Er, the touch screen doesn't detect different amounts of pressure/size, and it can't detect two pressure areas at once, it works like a normal PDA screen. I can't say that it is gimmicky, though -- what, in your opinion is better, a console that doesn't have mouse-like functions or one that does? Without the touch screen, you couldn't have games like Nintendogs, Kirby's Canvas Curse, WarioWare(well, we could have WarioWare, but without all of the awesometastic stuff.) and etc. They're all fun, they're all awesome. You might say the microphone is gimmicky too, but it just opens up more game interaction possibilities.

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 6:35 am
I'll use mario Kart Ds as an example, by saying that you'll be able to make little decals for your karts, soley by the use of the touch screen, which can be displayed online. On Tony Hawk's American Skateland, you can make 64x64 graffiti tags. Also, later in November, the DS is getting handwriting recognition. I can purely say I got my DS for the wireless oplay, so when it's enabled in... eight days, i think I'll have to sacrifice even more of my life to overweightness and neglectionj of my girlfriend.

LazehBoi
November 6, 2005, 6:51 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31yeah, all those games you mentioned were semi-decent, but they all did emulate what a mouse could do, which is point and click and drag objects. What a mouse can't do is be in two places at once, cover large areas, detect pressure and size of what is touching it. All those games you mentioned could be recreated for the PC with no problem what-so-ever (and have, thnx to warez).
Apples and oranges. A PC can do almost everything. There just aren't games that utilise them because you need extra accessories for it. There's a different feel to using a touch screen, too. Try playing the Metroid Prime Hunters demo or that Goldeneye game on it.
As for the warez thing, DS emulation really, really sucks at the moment.
Maybe you meant something else by that. Who knows.

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 9:45 am
if you have a wireless card, you can download demos. I'll try to find the link if anyone wants it.

GAMEOVER
November 6, 2005, 10:30 am
xbox2 will own all get with it.. nintendos for kids, oh wait most of you are kids.

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 12:41 pm
What?! You're like nine!

TheFunktopus
November 6, 2005, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERxbox2 will own all get with it.. nintendos for kids, oh wait most of you are kids.

Isn't X-Box 2 gonna be HUEG like the first one? Anyway, that doesn't matter, it'll have Halo 3, it'll suck anyway. Also, "Nintendo is for kids" is such a [CENSORED]/lame/stupid thing to say. So what if the games are kiddy? So what if there's no blood and violence and gore in a game? They're still fun, retard.

The @venger
November 6, 2005, 8:19 pm
i have a friend, which is very negative towards the revoloution, whereas his best argument is that the controller looks like a futuristic dildo! pathetic!

STEELIX
November 6, 2005, 10:11 pm
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Hahahaha.