( search forums )
I need mapping volunteers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Soulsnipa
November 1, 2005, 7:45 am
I need some people to help me make star wars maps for my mod. Anyone willing to help?

You'll be added to my list of beta testers as the mod is almost read to be released.

Haart
November 1, 2005, 1:43 pm
What sort of maps are you looking for?
If you list some themes, I might do one of them.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 2:00 pm
If he says Star Wars maps he means things like Tatooine (jabba's palace, or Sharlack's pit) , Naboo (maybe even the palace), Hoth (Wampa cave with a deadly polly :P) (maybe an inf map with the rebel base) asteroid field (with that silicone worm) Death Star (With a huge shaft leading to a deadly polly) Yavin (ruins of Exar Kun), Geonosis (arena), Kamino (the cloning lab, will be very hard to make), Mustafar (burn it baby, burn }:) ), Corusant (lots of dealy pollys at the bottom) , Bespin (nice background scenery)etc. . Maybe I could do some maps?

Haart
November 1, 2005, 2:59 pm
Yeh, but what sizes, etc?
I'm good at small, tight maps, with lots of twists and turns, and plenty of obstacles. INF maps especially.

Perhaps and Inf map that simulates getting Princess Leia off the Death Star? It'll be small, (i hate maps where rooms are HUGE, etc), but higly tactical.

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2005, 3:05 pm
perfect...anything and everything will get ur map in the mod as long as it looks pretty. Plus ill give you beta testing because I have custom textures.

I need inf...ctf...htf...dm, everything need further details reply again. theres no limits to what ill accept.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:11 pm
PM me, I'm interested. I can send you some concepts if you want.

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2005, 3:58 pm
Yumago Member Since: 13 Jul 2005

My Contact Info
No info specified...

Cant PM you

http://sml.u13.net/phpBB2 we can go there and discuss if u want

or enable ur pms

Soulsnipa
November 1, 2005, 7:03 pm
Also keep in mind there is a jetpack that allows you to go anywhere, so you can make it more challenging to have very little right click. If your gonnna use something with this idea, just let me know and ill send you the weapons mod.

Haart
November 2, 2005, 10:14 am
Do you need them to be waypointed? Or is that an extra?

atm, I'm making an inf map based on Endor, the Forest Moon in Return of the Jedi.
It's quite small, but it'll be a bloodbath. On realistic mode (with the line-of-sight limited), it'll be awesome, i reckon.

As for scenery, is there a limit to what we should use?

Soulsnipa
November 2, 2005, 10:21 am
http://sml.u13.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6

Just register and post there and i can answer further questions there. If you dont want to sign up, I can do it here too.

But by signing up there, ill encourage you to download my beta version of the mod. I just put up the download, if you ask me to give you access I will do so. This goes for anyone else who is willing to make maps for me.

After registering and being added to the beta testers you can access the mod here:
http://sml.u13.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5

Keep in mind that....The new jetpack weapon can open ideas as you can get anywhere in the map playing field