( search forums )
ctf_Warplanets by A Fly (v3.0 Latest Release)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
afly
November 1, 2005, 9:02 am
Well you asked for it and now it has happend, Warplanets v3.0.

v3.0 changes

-a lot of base modification
-There is now a Stary backround instead of just black.
-new texture
-Healing pads in the back of the bases extended(a lot more room to heal)
-map is a little smaller
-You can now land on the moon!

I hope you like the changes, let me know what you think.

Pic: "http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warplanetsv309uh.jpg"

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXWMT4CH

Its in a zip file. You should know where everything goes.

If megaupload doesnt work for you, you can pm me and I can send you the zip.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 2:12 pm
Good concept, but the texture you have chosen is horrible, try to use one that looks like metal.

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 3:08 pm
ACID TRIP.

greatest map ever

nfsjunkie91
November 1, 2005, 4:00 pm
that. absolutely. pwns. gj. *stunned*
/download 1337 map

Deleted User
November 1, 2005, 6:39 pm
Well, you definetly took "make it less like your last one" into consideration.

This is my new favorite map.

rabidhamster
November 1, 2005, 8:35 pm
i like the concept. 224/255.

as yumago said, the texture sux, use a default one, or find a nice small metal texture. i haven't downloaded it yet, what prevents the flag from falling to the bottom of the map?

Hoodlum
November 1, 2005, 8:52 pm
Oooh lala I like it.

Its very diffrent, but very nice.

The Geologist
November 1, 2005, 9:00 pm
I like the layout and the concept here. Do falling flags or soldats ever tend to be a problem?

As has been stated, the texture is kinda bad...and the colors really annoy me for some reason, just so much bad contrast. Try a little shading to give the illusion of depth to some of your structures, instead of just blocky patches of color. Still, gj and lets see more.

afly
November 1, 2005, 9:38 pm
Zamorak, Are you being Sarcastic? lol, I find it as a mix of "Complexity" and "Skysoldats" :). It originally was going to be tunnels through the planet, but I imagined this idea while doing that. I still might make a version where it is Tunnels(less jets and flying) becouse a friend wants it. I guess I am just not cut out for making your run of the mill soldat maps :).

Rabidhamster, it is a Defualt texture. I will perhaps change it as time goes on. and the flags are on platforms.

The Geologist, yeah I didint care too much on the looks I wanted to get layout more hammered out before I spent all the time adding polys for better shading. once Layout is finalised(or moreso) I will add more polys and try my hand at shading :).(Read reply to Rabidhamster about texture and flags(Soldats are safe landing where they spawn too).

To everyone, Thanks for your kind replys and if anyone of you play it I would love more feedback on map layout/design, I know its hard to playtest everymap that comes out and I understand why people develope the system of judging a map on its looks. For all your info I perfect colorscheme/looks over time(Meaning as I update the map) and try and work more on Layout and Design in the earlyer versions, so try not to judge it so much by the looks(for any of my maps) if its under say v5.0 :). and if you dont download and try it great your feedback based on looks is still great!, only pointing out that that is not as important to me in early versions.(this will be the last time I point this out :).)

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 12:24 am
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 8:34 am
I haven't checked wether the background is completely black, but if it is, you can put some pitch black death pollies around the map.

afly
November 2, 2005, 1:51 pm
oh thats just evil Yumago. lol. Yes it is, but I am afraid it might be too dark O_o. However I kindof has to be black for the space look XD.

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 10:51 pm
If you don't want it to be too dark, you could try creating two "atmosphere" sceneries and blowing them up real big so that they make auras around the planets. Another possibility could be gaseous nebulae; once again, just make them small and then blow them up. I imagine it'd work well since you'd actually want the fuzzyness the sceneries get when scaled up in size.

As for the design and layout, I'd make a comment but I'm not exactly sure where you can walk and where you can't--it'd be much easier to tell if you created some contrast in the lightness of the polys in that regard. However, the concept itself is really neat, so I can't wait to see the next version.

afly
November 9, 2005, 10:52 pm
New Version(v2.0) just realsed see first post.

Edit Soulsnipa will you please remove the big screenshot you have on there. It is not of the latest version and I am afraid people will think is. ty.

afly
February 7, 2006, 3:30 am
Well you asked for it and now it has happend, Warplanets v3.0.

v3.0 changes

-a lot of base modification
-There is now a Stary backround instead of just black.
-new texture
-Healing pads in the back of the bases extended(a lot more room to heal)
-map is a little smaller
-You can now land on the moon!

I hope you like the changes, let me know what you think.

Pic: "http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warplanetsv309uh.jpg"

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXWMT4CH

Its in a zip file. You should know where everything goes.

If megaupload doesnt work for you, you can pm me and I can send you the zip.

viggoloniggolo
February 7, 2006, 1:46 pm
I do not enjoy the colours, I do not enjoy the shading (that uo did not do). I do not enjoy the texture, cause I almost threw up from only seeing the overview. The gameplay could be better, because there are way too many routes and too easy to hide with the flag, which is a biach. creativity 9/10 everything else 1.5/9.9

Eagles_Arrows
February 7, 2006, 2:00 pm
I think this is a good map, though it looks rather...unusual.

Deleted User
February 7, 2006, 2:47 pm
Awesome map.
Very nicely chosen colors I must say.
But there are too much ways I quess.

afly
February 7, 2006, 8:45 pm
hmm, nice thanks for the replays and the honesty :).

Viggoloniggolo, yes you are right I did not shade it, that is something I will do when I have the "final" layout done(as you can see this is v3.0 of the map). As for the texture I agree overview it does not look that well, but ingame it actually looks kindof cool, I wanted to try a differant texture for this version and see how people reacted(if anyone cared). This version is really what introduced so many routes and you might be right it might be too easy to hide with the flag. I mainly play RS in soldat, so people hiding forever with the flag is not too big of an issue(becouse its RS so people decide to fight if its 1v1 and both guys are hiding, instead of hide in regular). Thanks for your honest opinion :). 9/10 creativity? thanks!. what is the 1.5? and 9.9?(they are for two other differant aspects right?) I am guessing the 1.5 is for the coloring/shading?. but what is the 9.9 for?

Eagles_ Arrows, thanks, unusual is what I was going for :).

Dairy, thanks, some will like colors some will not. Anything can change in the next version ;).

Sounds like everyone thinks there are too many ways, I am curious what people think after playing it. So if anyone actually plays it I would love to know further in depth what you think. :)

Raptor
February 8, 2006, 12:49 am
Aaahh! I don't like the texture you set to the map x__x
There are too much red and blue in the map. Very shiny.
Anyways, it's good.