( search forums )
maps for swarmer
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
rabidhamster
November 1, 2005, 9:40 pm
i was playing on the u13 new weapon balance server with two other guys, and later on in, we all started playing with chainsaws and grenades only, very fun. i came up with a bunch of cool and effective moves for killing someone else, and i thought, wouldn't it be cool if there were maps only for chainsaws (and grenades)? i'm talking about dm, tm, pm, ctf, and even htf maps specially designed for chainsaws(if swarmer is reading this, he probably thinks he's reached nirvanna :P).

for ideas, small maps with tons of shrubbery to hide behind, long maps like ctf_run for running at each other, maps with a lot of flying, et cetera. please post your ideas for layouts, i would like to make the actual maps.

one more thing: i'm calling the chainsaw a ssaw now, which stands for supa secksy assault weapon.

Chonoryoku
November 2, 2005, 8:09 pm
Too bad the chainsaw has an idle noise to tell you where everyone is hiding. :|

peemonkey
November 2, 2005, 8:31 pm
that was a useful post.

chainsaw duals are fun, but the best map for them i've ever encountered was ratcave. helllla fun with no guns. :D

rabidhamster
November 2, 2005, 8:58 pm
chonoryko, no one ever listens while playing soldat. Plus it's waaaay too quiet to give away your position, by the time they get close enough to hear, you might as well go ssaw'em.

so, i'm assuming there's no layout ideas for maps? come on, there must be something chainssaw related in those violence infested brains of yours...

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 10:27 am
ill see what i can do, im a busy man so i cant make any promises....hmmmm long maps...i could do that

Keron Cyst
November 3, 2005, 3:35 pm
[shameless ad]I'll 1337ize your maps![/shameless ad]

rabidhamster
November 5, 2005, 3:24 am
^and by that, do you mean wypt? if that, sure! if you're talking about shading, poly placement, scenerys, et cetera, i like doing that. look at my sig for an example.

Swarmer
November 8, 2005, 7:31 pm
lolol. I decided to get into map making a few minutes ago, and i browsed these forums and i found this. sweet.

i dunno what would make a good sawing map... theres two things you can do with saws: killing random people in random chaos, or dueling. random stuff is already good on small maps. nuubia is TEH BEST.
but for duels, i dunno. they dont take much space. maybe just a tiny map with some cool obstacles and corners.

OutofOrder
November 8, 2005, 9:45 pm
have you tried random chainsaw combat over ice floor? if you add some visual confusion to that, you get tons of fun.