( search forums )
Predator Match
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Lolly
November 1, 2005, 9:42 pm
My idea:

At the beginning of the game, a Pred Mode box would spawn on the map. Someone would grab it, and become Predator, but without the timer. All the other people would then become a team, trying to kill the predator. Only killing the predator or killing while pred. would count as kills (Similar to Rambomatch). When the predator is killed, he would drop a pred bonus, and someone else would grab it.

Kind of based on rambomatch, but what do you think?

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 2, 2005, 12:15 am
This might be fun, although people might simply watch the pred powerup until it disappears, then barret that spot for +1 points.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 12:58 am
OOoooh its liek hide and seek. I really like this idea, sounds like fun. And when you kill the predator you have to get somewhere before it blows you up or something haahahah. Arnold Scwarchinaizer. haha... (i know i spelled it wrong)

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 1:08 am
Yea that's kool. Should be a new game mode.

rabidhamster
November 2, 2005, 1:09 am
in the radio interview, michal said he wanted to implement this mode, hint hint...

Lolly
November 2, 2005, 1:41 am
quote: This might be fun, although people might simply watch the pred powerup until it disappears, then barret that spot for +1 points.

Not really; it would only spawn there in the beginning of the game, then get dropped around, so camping wouldn't help you...

As for the radio interview, that's cool, I've never heard one.

Chonoryoku
November 2, 2005, 3:18 pm
I think Rambomatch is better--unlimited invisibility won't help much. You'll die too quickly if everyone is trying to kill you and you don't have a super OHK bow and regenerating health.

zyxstand
November 2, 2005, 4:40 pm
then how about becoming 'berserk' and invisible. just without that blood spewing thing. as of to talking the pred box, you can also do that in rambo mode and no one's said anything about that. (plus it's not too pointful)

sounds fun - and this won't make michal have to code and implement anything 'new'. just a game-mode with some new rules.

EDIT:
what about if there's a pred box in the beginning and whoever gets it becomes the pred and whoever kills him then turns into the next predator. that way you won't have people fighting over a box. you also can't camp the box (except in the beginning (whihc would be stupid)) since there won't be one after the first pred.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 4:46 pm
IM Predator fan and i wanna this game mode its might be fun

numgun
November 2, 2005, 7:46 pm
how about if u could choose first rambomatch and then u could toggle different things like:
[]rambobow.
[]predator.
[]giant vs little soldats.

Lolly
November 2, 2005, 7:56 pm
XD Giant soldat!

RWARG! Crush n00b.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 12:24 pm
hurrah!

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 4:56 am
I think it'd be more interesting to put everyone else in predator mode and have the "it" player try to find and kill one of them within a time limit; if the seeker manages to kill one, then he and the killed seeker respawn with swapped roles--the seeker goes pred and has to hide, and the killed guy has to start searching--and the seeker that made the kill would gain multiple points. However, the seeker would lose multiple points every set increment of time until he succeeds in killing someone. Hiders would also be rewarded for evading the seeker by gaining a point every time so much time elapses while they're hidden.

There would be a seeker for every so many players in the server, and the maps of course would have to be on the larger side, and with lots of cover to hide in. The hiding players would also be limited to using the USSOCOM for defense if they're found, while the seeker would have the usual choice of primary and secondary.

I also imagine it wouldn't be hard to take the coding or whatever for this game mode, and use it to make a Halo-style zombie mode too, or vice-versa.

Kaider
November 4, 2005, 6:29 am
hmm....Isn't this like a game mode on Halo?

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:54 am
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaI think it'd be more interesting to put everyone else in predator mode and have the "it" player try to find and kill one of them within a time limit; if the seeker manages to kill one, then he and the killed seeker respawn with swapped roles--the seeker goes pred and has to hide, and the killed guy has to start searching--and the seeker that made the kill would gain multiple points. However, the seeker would lose multiple points every set increment of time until he succeeds in killing someone. Hiders would also be rewarded for evading the seeker by gaining a point every time so much time elapses while they're hidden.

There would be a seeker for every so many players in the server, and the maps of course would have to be on the larger side, and with lots of cover to hide in. The hiding players would also be limited to using the USSOCOM for defense if they're found, while the seeker would have the usual choice of primary and secondary.

I also imagine it wouldn't be hard to take the coding or whatever for this game mode, and use it to make a Halo-style zombie mode too, or vice-versa.

Nah...having a seeker wouldnt work...just wouldnt.

But anyways, this sounds like a sweet game mode. I was thinking though, why not implement some other bonus's towards being the predator? Maybe like you get a combination of the vampiric mode that was suggested before, and your health slowly drains, but you gain 25% of your bullets damage as HP, or something along those lines.

Regardless, great idea.

Close Combat
November 15, 2005, 5:04 pm
Where are Your motivational and support queries people! what have we become?

everytime someone invents a revolutionary idea u have to ridicule and bash their idea.

I say your idea is exceptionally well thought up.

Every mode in SOldat does have a flaw so live with the new ideas like u play on the old ones.

for example CTF's biggest problem is hackers, laggers, and the best one.... CAMPERS
so dont

H8 the player... H8 the game!

Deleted User
November 16, 2005, 4:21 am
close combat you misunderstand how forums on there many levels work when it comes to seggestions. such levels include public forums, courts and parliament. us as the public dont give motivation we give critism, it shows how good a suggestioner is by finding or compromising solutions. there is however ways to make this compromising easier and reduce ccritism that i will list for the purposse of this exercise.
-make a large starting post. this is something he didnt do. in the starting post you should state your idea along with cons and pros of the suggestion from many perspecttives.
- visit often, he did do this, good work
-compromis compromise compromise, dont stick with your origional idea if no one likes it, make it so people like it.

so close combat were not dicouraging this idea ut rather showing our concerns and feeling. ultimatly were not nice get over it.

On topic: i dont like the idea, though maybe the ability for maps to have multiples of the same powerup, that would make this possible while also helping map makers

GAMEOVER
November 16, 2005, 5:10 am
Sounds too much like a rambo type match.