DM Towers / C-Section
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
.Loki
November 2, 2005, 6:13 am
The 3rd and 4th maps that I've made.

DM_Towers
DL:[URL]
SS:[URL]
I kinda got lazy towards the top of the map, and the flags I made are kinda janky, but whatchya gonna do. Gameplay seems to be fun for the most part.

DM_C-Section
DL:[url]http://www.soldat-lra.net/uploads/files/Towers.PMS[/url}
SS:[URL]
A piece of [CENSORED], visually. Tacked it onto this for the hell of it. The light green sections are non-collide. Meh... just kinda threw this together.

Neither map is waypointed, I doubt people will be using bots on them anyways (or even playing them for that matter).

But yeah, any and all criticism is welcomed. Have at it.

peemonkey
November 2, 2005, 6:30 am
towers: most people wont like that scenery, plus it's too bright. also, wrong texture, looks too...plain.

section: textture too badly stretched.

just some hopefully helpful crits ;)

vash763
November 2, 2005, 6:35 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeytowers: most people wont like that scenery, plus it's too bright. also, wrong texture, looks too...plain.

section: textture too badly stretched.

just some hopefully helpful crits ;)

quoted for truth

i like the idea of section though

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 1:54 pm
lol, i played this map a couple days ago on a server with nice weapons mod :P
like'm both

Keron Cyst
November 2, 2005, 6:18 pm
I like C-Section. You should put something to the right of that bunker in the mid-right so people can't just jump off and respawn right away.

Have you tried playing around with scenery transparency? It pwns.

Raptor
November 3, 2005, 1:40 am
I like the second map better. But you stretched the textures too much.

papasurf31
November 3, 2005, 12:00 pm
no, I think texture stretching is something you'll be seeing a lot more of in the future. It gives maps an actual polygonal look to them, adding some depth to it, which is a contrast from the flat but smoothly shaded maps we now normally see. Since seeing eskimogirls, I think that this could be a new common style.

The 2nd map I think looks fine, in no way is it crap. I'd play that, good scenery placement, although layout looks teh [CENSORED]teh.

TeRRoRinFANt
November 3, 2005, 4:53 pm
I agree with papasurf31- nicely stretched textures can add A LOT to the visual layer of the map, by making it look more 3d. Not the case here, really, but anyway, I like the looks of c-section.