( search forums )
CTF_Neonia by Boxo (1.0)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Boxo
November 2, 2005, 2:20 pm
Another asymmetric CTF map. Made in a couple of weeks. It should be completely bug-free and balanced. Waypoints done by Keron Cyst, custom sceneries and texture by Soap.

OVERVIEW
DOWNLOAD

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 2:48 pm
Great choice of colors,
nothing else to add.

TeRRoRinFANt
November 2, 2005, 4:42 pm
First of all, this is one good piece of mapmaking. Nice texture and colours, I especially liked the bluish glow near blue flag and the ice-esque tinge. Great scenery placement (all I can say- inspiring!), though the scenery under red flag is too enlarged, the pixels look bad. Same thing for around blue flag, but that looks better- nice idea. The lower part of the map could use a ground (lethal) or something hidden behind the cloudy bit, so the body doesn't fall 'under' the map.
Secondly, the bots. The bots are nice for a bit of maptesting, but there's something wrong with them. They tend to fly down and die (at least the blue team bots do so). Other than that, okay.
And finally, blue has it possibly a bit easier. Maybe if you could lower red spawn a few rows of pixels or so. Just a suggestion, no other cons.
Great map, too bad it's a small one!

Keron Cyst
November 2, 2005, 6:14 pm
I'm very sorry, TeRRoRinFANt. If you can do better I salute you. I did my best to prevent them from falling through the bridge gaps but apparently bots like gravity.

On a side-note, have you watched the bots fly over the northern lethal spikes? That took quite a while to wypt. xD

grand_diablo
November 2, 2005, 6:38 pm
looks nice, i like your style. The only thing I criticise is a missing second entrance to the red "base". Its too easy to camp with the flag there, while the blue "base" is totally open.

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 6:41 pm
Abslolutly deliciouse :D I love that map.

TeRRoRinFANt
November 2, 2005, 7:54 pm
Hey, Keron, no offence. I just noticed that the blue bots tend to fly down with no apparent reason and thought that's not the way it's supposed to be, sorry.

vash763
November 2, 2005, 11:03 pm
I love nobel gases, all of them

Raptor
November 3, 2005, 1:09 am
Boxo... your maps are great. I would like to know what's your secret xD

*downloads*

Michal
November 3, 2005, 7:08 pm
Very nice, this map is perfect for fast paced games.
The colours look good, shading effects too.

I suppose you just have helium left to do :p

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 3:44 pm
You know what? I'm'a try to get the Bravo bots to stop committing suicide. TeRRoRinFANt's post was not offensive at all to me, but I think I can do better ¦-|

EDIT I think I might also revise the ctf_Xenonia wypts. since now I understand more how WPs work.

Maxx
November 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Great layout, especially with the lowest route.

.Loki
November 5, 2005, 1:32 am
Great map. Visually pleasing, great size + good gameplay, and nice usage of scenery.

The only bad thing I can see is that it's a little too easy for a Bravo member to cap with M79. (Just shoot ground directly below ground and launch self upwards). Alpha can do the same on the other side, but there's more distance between flag and that middle thingy to get killed w/flag.

Still, over all even, and a very good map. Better than I could have done ;).