( search forums )
inf_Iceberg (link fixed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
The Geologist
November 2, 2005, 8:48 pm
Hola folks, and welcome to the latest release. This map was created for the latest round of Soldat mapping contests. The map is a rever inf style, but not nearly as hard to defend as maps such as Invasion. It's also not as linear as other reverse inf slaughterhouses such as Meatball. Here's the breakdown:

* Supports inf style play
* Good for at least 8, up to 14 or so
* Don't fall into the water..
* Nice on realistic mode
** Waypointed by Keron Cyst**

Overview
Download

Comments and constructive criticism appreciated. Please..let's try to keep the number of one word posts low ;D

Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 9:23 pm
looks.. blue..

fine map too.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 10:31 am
nice

:P, shading on the bottem looks a bit shotty but excellant other wise, good gameplay too

Keron Cyst
November 3, 2005, 3:40 pm
I'LL WYPT. IT I'LL WYPT. IT

Whoops, too late; I've already started ;-D I love the wooden fort on the Alpha side, BTW.

grand_diablo
November 3, 2005, 5:00 pm
looks beautiful, shading remings me a bit of ctf_Xmas :P

The Geologist
November 3, 2005, 5:31 pm
Thanks for the comments all. I hope more people than three respond :p Ah well. Keep 'em comin'

quote:Originally posted by Taal

:P, shading on the bottem looks a bit shotty but excellant other wise, good gameplay too

Are you talking about the water? If so, I was going for a little contrast, trying to make some waves...there's a first time for everhing, I guess.

Keron Cyst
November 3, 2005, 6:36 pm
Crap, it's a one-way path? The flag to score at is in the back?! This is gonna be a major challenge to waypoint.

No wonder you hailed me for the job xD

EDIT Sorry 'Geologist but you know the very top-right Bravo SP, just top-left of the white flag? I'm'a have to move that down to the wooden ledge you put in the corner, right underneath it, with the barrel on the end. It's the only way to allow Alpha to cap ;-| Sorry...

The Geologist
November 3, 2005, 7:08 pm
Seriously? It makes that much of a difference? And the lower route won't be too crowded as a result?

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 12:05 am
No, no... well, see, the bots would go keep running back & forth if I set one trail going left and another right (they interfere if they're on the same path), so I need at least one path completely clear for Alpha caps. (so I'm going with the top, somewhat). I guess I could just have cappers jet over the initial Bravo route if you set jets high enough... :-S

lithium
November 4, 2005, 12:14 am
<3

Marry me Geo.

warpo
November 4, 2005, 1:28 pm
omgz it looks 1337

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 3:42 pm
Argh

You just had to put two Alpha parachute spawns!! xD I didn't even notice 'em in the map editor until just recently. Anyways, that stole a huge chunk of my time, but I've got Alpha more or less able to cap the flag from both directions. I think I indeed can put that Bravo spawn back (it'd work better, anyways, if Alpha dropped through the first hole in the top-right instead of the last).

And I've had to trash many semi-unnecessary wypts. because of the 500 limit o.O' I haven't even tested Bravo at all yet... I'll get it done. Tonight. Friday night = happy hour for meh (read sig.), so I'll be mapping a lot :-D

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 8:59 pm
thats why it takes me so long to waypoint :P
they should get rid of the 500 waypoint thing :)

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:59 pm
Holy sh**, that's heaps beter than what I could ever do.

c@ner
November 4, 2005, 10:01 pm
Good !! but small

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 10:14 pm
Nah, the overhead shot makes it seem small. It'd actually probably take at least a minute trying to Minigun-surf as fast as possible from one side to the other. Completely zoomed-out MapMaker Plus doesn't even cover the entire map.

@Dezonus: remember that that's not his first map. Practice, practice, practice...

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 10:49 am
Yeah I know