( search forums )
Important Question.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
afly
November 2, 2005, 11:06 pm
Perhaps this will be info for isolating this bug. Now I dont know if this is the cause but listen.

I made Complexity, Complied it to ctf_Complexity. Then when I started to make Skysoldats I striped complexity and kept only the bases(used them on the map), Complied it to ctf_Skysoldats. Then I took skysoldats Striped it down(kept the flag area "base" things) and Made Warplanets and Complied it to ctf_Warplanets. Now heres the thing, When Skysoldats or Warplanets are played, It tells people they have wrong map versions and does the thing where people spawn in wrong spots(doesnt load the maps) and people have shoots I am sure you all have been on servers that have this happen. Also People have noticed They all say "Complexity" in green when you first load the map. Is there a way to fix this without trying to make both of these later maps from Scratch!... (not sure thats possible :-(.) I hope this helps MM in understanding what causes that server crash, IF this is the cause. .... I dont know if the server/s just happend to crash on my map or what.

Aegis
November 2, 2005, 11:22 pm
What editor did you use to make/compile the maps? Check the map properties.
In the future, you should have back-ups of your mapping projects.. something always goes wrong like this.

afly
November 2, 2005, 11:33 pm
I do have backups Aegis, infact alot LOL. I am using Polyworks, the problem is all the backups still say Complexity too. I have even saved it to a differant name before I complile it!, Now I dont know if this happens everytime or even if these issues are related. I was just on leos server and when it switch to ctf_warplanets it did it so I came here to see if anyone else has had this issue as well/issues.....

What do you mean check the map Properties?, how? and what am I looking for? O_o.