( search forums )
copycat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 2, 2005, 11:31 pm
oh man this was quite a while ago but the webste was down and i got busy to post. Any-Who...i was playing on my (wm) server and i just so noticed that there was another soldat looking almost the exact as me (see pic...) i'm like WTF how is this possible, i'm not complaining i'm just confuzzled :P. i also posted a demo showing you mom playing on my server...

[IMAGE]

demo in zip file: (no site lets you uoplad sdm files :P)
[URL]

Cookie.
November 2, 2005, 11:42 pm
I dunno thats really bizarre I thought your name was so original :\

Deleted User
theres tons of moms...

peemonkey
jesus get over it nobody's copying you it's not an origional name or colors, you're not even soldat-famous.

The Geologist
November 2, 2005, 11:43 pm
I hate people who use stuff like "your mom" or "your dog" or whatever else you can tack on after the word your.

Hoodlum
November 3, 2005, 12:05 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistI hate people who use stuff like "your mom" or "your dog" or whatever else you can tack on after the word your.
Yeah there are so many of people like that on pubs.. "Killed by A 4 Year Old".

Lameee.

.Loki
November 3, 2005, 12:17 am
Oh my god! I wish I had thought of your name before... Oh wait, I did. And so have a lot of other people, all, I'm sure, before you... =/...

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 12:55 am
omg, your server sucks,
look at those pings!!!

Quite big...

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 12:56 am
Wow....
Why did you post this?

Raptor
November 3, 2005, 1:38 am
Man... n00bs are getting worse all the time (worse... worst? Sorry for my english)

a-4-year-old
November 3, 2005, 2:01 am
you are right raptor, it is worse.

but seriously, i have never seen any other a-4-year-olds. you might as well have a red shirt, green pants and a helmet, with a name "Major" there are thousands of them, they are like zombies, they really suck, they are stupid (mostly act stupid) and they multiply rapidly. it is an infestation

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 2:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Hoodlumquote:Originally posted by The GeologistI hate people who use stuff like "your mom" or "your dog" or whatever else you can tack on after the word your.
Yeah there are so many of people like that on pubs.. "Killed by A 4 Year Old".

Lameee.

Oh [CENSORED], that guy was in my server a few days ago. And I also met him in one of the servers I went to when I was owning with the sniper rifle.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 3:00 am
Should'nt this be posted in "Soldat Moments" or somthing?

Echo_Trail
November 3, 2005, 7:51 am
Not that it really matters anyways..

Dude... as they all said, there's tons of 'moms' out there.. so in the end, you propably got it from som1 else.. but [CENSORED], so what? it's not a big [CENSORED]ing deal, is it?!
Sure, it's not original, and sure you won't gain "respect" with it, but who the hell cares?
People that find names that are way mysterious or scary and all, well, it's ok for rollplaying i guess, but this is soldat(this game has my deepest respect if anyone should think otherwise), and it is, like anything else, a game of individuality.. so find a name that suits you!
If 'your mom' suits you, that is fine, but i will say no more:D
My opinion anyway!
echo out

some_random_loser
November 3, 2005, 9:53 am
zomg, a player called "Your mom" making stupid threads and hosting a laggy (WM) server!

Who'da thunk it...

i am ahab
November 3, 2005, 10:01 am
i kicked someone from my server the other day. and they came back using the same name as me. this i found to be the ultimate in highly original and amusing responces. after wetting myself with glee i nearly started my own thread on the subject and lo and behold i was beaten too it. sucks to be me.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 10:11 am
lol yes it does, my general opinion in this is who cares, stop wasting bandwidth

Keron Cyst
November 3, 2005, 3:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistI hate people who use stuff like "your mom" or "your dog" or whatever else you can tack on after the word your.

They don't even want to call themselves what they truly are: "that one guy," "loser," "t3h n00b," etc. (I've never seen any of those xD)

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 9:10 pm
o i git it... cuz wen u git kild by them it sez "u got kild by ur mom" lolrofl NO.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 9:55 pm
he wasn't refering to the name he was refering to the excact shirt colour

Swarmer
November 4, 2005, 12:04 am
yeah, i thought this was pretty interesting.

it IS rare that two people would have the same name and unusual color. To see two "your mom" is uncommon, but not omfg-ish, but to see them both with the exact color is really weird.

not that its that interesting. but i thought the people who said "omg stfu" wasted thier posts.

lithium
November 4, 2005, 12:11 am
Yesterday I saw a "lithhium" in some server (maybe U13?) and he almost got recruited into some noob clan.

But..."your mom" isn't exactly an uncommon name, nor is having a pink shirt. However, did you ever think it was possible he had been on the server earlier, changed his name and colors, and rejoined just to piss you off?

UGK
November 4, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by .LokiOh my god! I wish I had thought of your name before... Oh wait, I did. And so have a lot of other people, all, I'm sure, before you... =/...

Loki's Is original; Dredon's Mom....

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 12:55 am
I remember seeing some modification of my name. It was like um...Extagen or something. Ive never seen anyone with my name without having done it intentionally knowing there is infact an Extacide.

Making up 100% original words for your name tends to work. I might recommend getting a name that didnt take 3 seconds of thought to come up with.

EDIT:

I doubt anyone would get my name right anyways, every seems to think my name is Extracide.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:01 am
i cant believe i got so man posts lol...

The Geologist
November 4, 2005, 1:02 am
Because we all know we want to copy your name.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistBecause we all know we want to copy your name.

woah, nice reply time :P.....hmmm you must be realy bored

quote:Originally posted by Sgt. Beaveromg, your server sucks,
look at those pings!!!

Quite big...
how do i lower pings!?!?!?!

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 1:12 am
Yes, Geologist is your average internet nerd who particularly likes to spend his time nerding up the soldat forums. ;p (Btw, please sense the sarcasm, no one ever does)

Id recommend getting a faster speed, otherwise just stick to playing on other servers unless you feel like paying for a good server.

The Geologist
November 4, 2005, 1:14 am
You could always limit the pings of those who can join your server.

Soulsnipa
November 4, 2005, 1:34 am
Yes, Geologist is your average internet nerd who particularly likes to spend his time nerding up the soldat forums. (notice the non sarcism) wow how mean can you get...goes to all of you.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 3:44 am
One time a guy came into a server I was playing on with a name that was a clear mimicry of mine... Which, yeah, is one of those "yer mom rofltato" names (albeit a parody of them), but is nonetheless unique in its own right. I can't recall if the guy had colors similar to my own though, as he didn't stay on long and I didn't come across him much in the middle of my bouncing around the arena and shooting everything that looked killable.

I don't think much of it, seeing as how I'm really not that big a name around here, especially next to the more "famous" forum posters (like Extacide) and forum geezers (like the Geologist). It was more likely than not just a product of my happening to be on a good winning streak that night, or the ever-present possibility that it was another guy who actually used that name.

.Loki
November 4, 2005, 5:43 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by .LokiOh my god! I wish I had thought of your name before... Oh wait, I did. And so have a lot of other people, all, I'm sure, before you... =/...

Loki's Is original; Dredon's Mom....

Actually my in-game name is Gonorrhea. Loki is my old name.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:14 am
I think this needs to go to soldat moments. =x

warpo
November 4, 2005, 1:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascootheres tons of moms...

w00t

Da cHeeSeMaN
November 4, 2005, 5:55 pm
Ive never seen anyone copy my name xD

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:16 pm
I?ve never seen another SDFilm before, apart from when i googled it when i was bored and found that there is a San Diego Film Commission.

Back in my camping days, I was called 'Loaf of Bread In Camo'. I met someone named 'A Loaf of Bread' or something like that, and he was so sure that i stole his name, but realy i thought of the name myself. :P

BTW, Camo is short for Camouflage. I'm still amazed how many people don?t get that :S

The Geologist
November 4, 2005, 7:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaYes, Geologist is your average internet nerd who particularly likes to spend his time nerding up the soldat forums. (notice the non sarcism) wow how mean can you get...goes to all of you.

I don't get it...are you making a point out of Extacides post, or are you just trying to get some sort of dig in against me? If the latter is so, I'd thank you to leave the passive aggressive b.s. for the bash pit, thx.

People copy names all the time. People try to copy my name, but it's clear who the real geologist is when the fakes don't know their ass from the elbow in terms of rocks or things science. What's mean about telling someone how often stuff like this happens? Are we mean because we don't fake empathy for someone getting a crappy name copied? Give me a break.

lithium
November 4, 2005, 11:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideI remember seeing some modification of my name. It was like um...Extagen or something. Ive never seen anyone with my name without having done it intentionally knowing there is infact an Extacide.

I occasionally run around in U13 as "extracide", nobody thinks I'm you though cos they all recognize my colors and incredibly sexy style. Don't be mad?

Echo_Trail
November 5, 2005, 10:15 pm
Dude, u said it..
Man.. somebody please lock this topic allready!

b00stA
November 6, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailDude, u said it..
Man.. somebody please lock this topic allready!

Might as well just stop posting.