( search forums )
Too many files open ?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Leo
November 3, 2005, 9:18 am
I have big problems with new maps on my server. I get the error "Too many files open" and the maps do not work. Respawn at same point, no flags, parachutes from nowhere etc... For example I have these problems on maps like inf_iceberg, ctf_warplanets, htf_paranoid and others. Strange think is that they all work when I test them on my own PC. Any help would be appreciated since I do like to run new maps on my servers :(

FliesLikeABrick
November 3, 2005, 11:53 am
when i had this problem it was because either a map file was missing (but was listed in mapslist.txt) or there was a misspelling in mapslist.txt (or the CaSe was wrong) or there was an extra blank line in the file.

Leo
November 3, 2005, 1:15 pm
I know, I checked all these first but everything is the way it should be. And I have this problem to two different servers :(

Edit: I think I have to upload the maps through the web interface. They get corrupt if I upload through ftp.

mar77a
November 3, 2005, 9:11 pm
Maybe you're uploading them in hte wrong mode, binary or ASCII?

Leo
November 3, 2005, 11:45 pm
Always I was uploading through ftp with no problems. My new servers though have some kind of ftp that needs TLS Auth, I think that's the reason.