( search forums )
Equipment?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Smolli
November 3, 2005, 4:33 pm
It would be cool, if you can choose 1 equipment. Example: Medikit, Binoculars... and other of kind.

Deleted User
November 3, 2005, 7:21 pm
I don't know about medikit, but binocular sounds good. Perhaps a specific button?

Stern
November 3, 2005, 9:34 pm
Binoculars - Very long range scope without weapon.
Medikit - Single use, drops on ground for 10 seconds and heals all team members.
Scope - Short-medium range scope on weapon.
Silencer - No muzzle flash or sound.
(Something) - Invisible jets.

Just a couple of ideas.

Chonoryoku
November 3, 2005, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stern
Those are completely useless. People don't know where to shoot by looking for a muzzle flash, jet flames, or listening for gunfire. They look for YOU.

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 12:10 am
Binoculars are the only good idea and I think that should just be a secondary once the next version has more modding capability.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 12:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Chonoryokuquote:Originally posted by Stern
Those are completely useless. People don't know where to shoot by looking for a muzzle flash, jet flames, or listening for gunfire. They look for YOU.

Not necessarily. Ever played realistic mode? Those would be perfect.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 4:33 am
The silencer actually would be useful in realistic mode, and the binoculars would be great for scouting out the enemy team's movements and planning how to approach the enemy base.

In the end though, probably the best way to do it is to just make scope, muzzle flash toggle, and firing sound volume moddable, and add a binoculars secondary (or replace a current secondary in a weapon mod). There really just isn't a need for something as drastic as a new set of equipment to have alongside the primaries and secondaries when the role can be filled quite adequately using a weapons mod (especially since putting a silencer on, say, the shotgun, minigun, or minimi would be silly; and invisible jets is as simple as just staying grounded and using the ground cover more instead of relying on aerial acrobatics).

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Chonoryokuquote:Originally posted by Stern

Useless? I can not tell you how many blind shots I make with barret when a person off screen gives his location with 1 bullet. Not even just barret, but any gun I use i can take a person out off screen with when they fire at me.

This idea IS good, however, it doesnt really feel like it fits the soldat style. Soldat is a pick a gun and kill everything game, not a deer hunting game where you carefully select your accessories and go out to hunt a soldat.

Bad idea. :(

Echo_Trail
November 4, 2005, 9:28 am
but this has nothing to do with soldat! c'mon u guys!

numgun
November 4, 2005, 2:07 pm
-tent! u could finally go camping for real! : D
-climbing set! it will allow u to climb on a vertical poly up and down. (but u cant shoot while ur climbing tho)
-''fake death'' make up set! by using this button u will look dirty and bloody as a corpse! (and to look like a corpse just prone and face down with ur gun.)
-x-ray goggles! see trough scenery!

Smolli
November 4, 2005, 5:24 pm
But if you have not choose it, it can be for some button example, if you press z, then you take binoculars.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 12:40 am
nah, soldat is good cause it takes two seconds to get into the action, i dont wanna choose freakin equipment too

Smolli
November 5, 2005, 9:23 am
Hey, binoculars can be in some button like 1?

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 9:26 am
Im not sure how thatd work...

- Would you duck and zoom in?
- Would you hold on to 1 and it zoomed?
- Press 1 and it auto zooms and you just move around?

Itd be rather confusing. Sorry, wouldnt work my freind.

numgun
November 5, 2005, 10:17 am
how about a trampolene? jump extra high! xD

F3nyx
November 6, 2005, 7:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystBinoculars are the only good idea and I think that should just be a secondary once the next version has more modding capability.
Yep.

quote:Originally posted by ExtacideIm not sure how thatd work...

- Would you duck and zoom in?
- Would you hold on to 1 and it zoomed?
- Press 1 and it auto zooms and you just move around?

Itd be rather confusing. Sorry, wouldnt work my freind.
Extacide, excluding the bit about pressing 1, it's a good and perfectly workable idea. It would be a "weapon" that you'd use like a Barret scope (no gun attached, naturally), except that it would work in all poses (crouch/prone not necessary).

edit: Numgun, you could at least edit all your OMG HILLARIOSE contributions into a single post...

GAMEOVER
November 6, 2005, 9:07 am
That sounds pretty cool aside from the med thing.