( search forums )
Die Schnittstelle :: {REG}
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your 1337 interfaces!
AverageJoe
November 4, 2005, 3:18 am
http://godsclans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4522 (Bottom addition)

It's an extream minimalist interface that I got the idea from "Das Keyboard" (google it)...

Please tell me if my deutch is wrong...it's a hellspawn of google translator.

It started off more as a joke, seems liek everyone is complaining about "too big, bad design" etc. so this is my anti-interface.

You now cannot complain about size nor design! Wee!

Rhombus
November 4, 2005, 7:17 am
I cannot complain about the size? There is too few info on the screen, it is therefore too small
I cannot complain about the design? What an ugly cursor, and I don't like your style

J/K, it's a nice Idea, but is there any info on-screen whatsoever?

SPARTAN_III
November 4, 2005, 11:33 am
how the hell do we:

tell how much health we have left
tell how much veast we have left
tell how much ammo we have left
etc etc etc.

not nice. there is really nothing to rate, since you made nothing.

GAMEOVER
November 4, 2005, 1:25 pm
Too big and gawdy, slaped right in the middle of screen with uglyness sorry but this thing looks hideous thx for sharing though.

AverageJoe
November 4, 2005, 3:33 pm
rofl
*pats SPARTAN III on the head and smiles

The whole point is for there to be no info at all, allowing your mind to compensate for those feedbacks.
I did have one where there was absolutly nothing (save menucursor) and I was still getting the top scores.
Having a jetpack, ammo and health meters just distract me when I play. When I don't have those things I tend to be able to fight better.

I guess this is a love it or hate it 'interface'...mostly hate it. lol

Denacke
November 4, 2005, 4:05 pm
I am interested in this interface, though the download link seems to be broken.

Could you please fix it?

AverageJoe
November 4, 2005, 5:48 pm
WHOOPS!
Thanks for spotting that. Man I guess I was tired enough to post an empty .zip file. Go me. lol

Denacke
November 4, 2005, 9:26 pm
I tried it, and I must say I'm a most happy user.

It's always a funny guess wether you won the CTF game or not, as I'm not that good at remembering the scores. Also the advertisement on the bottom is a nice idea, I might mod it a little to have my name on it too so all my screenshots have a mark. I'd also like to compliment you on the cursor, I like it.

Overall I like using it and I'll do so more for public games, and perhaps for clanwars later on too.

AverageJoe
November 4, 2005, 9:57 pm
Thank you for your compliments!
If you have any other ideas I would like to hear them.

SPARTAN_III
November 5, 2005, 3:49 am
well, perhaps what i said was a little harsh, but i like aesthetics in an interface. they don't distract me, so much as inform me.

also, why did you tag this as regged? even in unreg, you can just green out all the bars, and you get the same effect.

AverageJoe
November 5, 2005, 5:14 am
Nah, theere were some things that needed moving (team scores, etc) and flagging as invisible.

SPARTAN_III
November 6, 2005, 10:16 am
lol, m00 is gonna have a field day when he sees this. this is taking simple interfaces to the next level.

the Das Keyboard...AHAHAHA lol. that was funny. i would never be able to use it...

kinda hard for me to grade it since i really cant comment on anything, because there is nothing to grade.

and gameover wtf are you on about, there is nothing ugly about this interface. you probably have the wrong topic. idiot.

AverageJoe
November 6, 2005, 4:41 pm
Whoa, talk about multiple personalities.
I think GameOver was being sarcastic anyway.