( search forums )
better prone
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Echo_Trail
November 4, 2005, 8:52 am
i was thinking..(wow, no big deal)
it'd be kinda cool, when proning, u become a bit transparrent? no one really use the prone feature as it is, 'cause it's not very practical.. unless using barret ofcourse!
It takes a long time getting up and down, and if you have a slow reload gun, u don't prone propably unless u wait until it's fully reloaded.
Also, i think u should increase the proning crawl speed.. that way, this could actually be woth doing..
well, what do u say?

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:05 pm
Become a bit transparent? Why? But I'm for the crawl speed increase.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:14 pm
I prone with the mini- it lessens bink.
Increasingly the crawl speed slightly would be good though.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:38 pm
Yeah. I like that faster crawl speed, but I don't know about the transparent thing.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:40 pm
I don't know. I tried proning in a jungle map on Leo's server today. It worked kind'a cool. Because the enemy ran past me but then thought that I might be hiding and turned around, and immediately got shot by my comrade. Also this helps when you have to dodge distant bullets in low caves.

numgun
November 4, 2005, 10:07 pm
''proning is art... if u master it, u will be pro''

-EDIT- ok... kidding! master ur aim.

Keron Cyst
November 4, 2005, 10:15 pm
Yeah, the crawl speed makes it useless. Just a bit faster will make it much greater.

Echo_Trail
November 5, 2005, 9:56 pm
ok then.. well, some1 do something about it..! i don't know [CENSORED] about these things..!

a-4-year-old
November 6, 2005, 2:46 am
guns should reload faster prone, it would make sense.

zyxstand
November 6, 2005, 4:23 am
I've said this once before to some other kid who had a similar flaw in his suggestion:

Creating a new feature in a game (such as you attempted) has two [2] requiremets:
1. it needs to be useful (yours meets this one)
2. it needs to be reasonable (in other words realistic).

Just because your idea contemplates for an (as you say) obsolete feature will not cut it. It needs to (in some way) be backed up through some sort of justification that explains how it can exist (for example: flying by having fueled jet-boots).

Echo_Trail
November 6, 2005, 9:01 am
so, what do you want me to say? crawling faster bacause of an adrenalin kick?
i see your point, but proning is simply useless as it is! and even though i cannot give any realistic explanation of why your soldat should crawl faster, it really should be a steady feature. Like the rolling-and-dodging thing on the other topics..
I'm not much for changing soldat, but some features needs to be redone.. or adjusted.

I like how you put it, it has to be realistic, and the crawling speed, as it is now, is rather realistic. But the fact that soldats are able to fly, and that it is only 2D(decreases your options of dodging or escaping), simply outmanoeuvres proning. + it takes a hell of a long time rising again, and that time is more than enough for a skilled opponent to injure or kill you..
echo out

GAMEOVER
November 6, 2005, 9:06 am
Go play in a realistic server

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 9:37 am
I think crawling is good as it is. At least I find it useful in realistic servers.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:00 pm
Proning is already useful enough.

I think that making prone make you partially transparent would be a bad thing because it would encourage even more camping. The second to last thing I'd want would be more camping.

The very last thing would be more M79 [CENSORED]s. :(

Swarmer
November 7, 2005, 6:51 pm
i use proning a lot...
not only is it one of the only ways to dodge in midair, its good for dodging barrets and auto users in tunnels.

but a crawl increase would be ok.

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 2:51 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldguns should reload faster prone, it would make sense.
How would lying on your chest and only being able to use the little space in front of your head allow you to reload faster? It'd make sense to reload faster crouching, and that's not even the point of this thread.

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:18 am
while we're at it, lets implement breakdancing while only in prone mode.