WM Scope Value
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 6:57 pm

Each weapon would have a

[scope]
scope-crouch=25
scope-prone=50

The units would be in meter's (1 screen is 50 meters)

This way to make better rifles, and such.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:18 pm
Yes please.

xtishereb
November 4, 2005, 9:35 pm
This would be awesome, and a step to a weapon creator. So, yeah, customization is a good thing.

Full support.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:41 pm
Yeah, would be nice.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:42 pm
Indeed. I love this!!!! but question is: Would it be REALLY useful? I mean, what if the bullets dont even go that far.

Michal
November 4, 2005, 10:01 pm
This is a great idea, I would love to see zoom possible on any weapon.
There are also certain issues with the scope that really need to be resolved, like right now the scope is timed to zoom with each traditional Barrett shot, which is bad if you make it semi-auto like the real thing (it can't zoom until you wait a while).

numgun
November 4, 2005, 10:04 pm
ehehe....
weapon: ASE (all see eye)
scope-crouch:999999

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 1:24 am
ROFL

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 5, 2005, 6:59 am
I think there'll be a problem with the scrolling if you do it too far...

vash763
November 5, 2005, 7:27 am
I support this.

Leo, theres a problem is you set a guns ammo to flames etc.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 7:53 am
It's not supposed to be a goddamned spectator gun....

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 8:52 am
@Zamorak

Itd be a spectator gun in the hands of some Weapon Modding moron to go along with all those other insane instakill guns. This is a good idea. >.>

Good idea.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 5:35 pm
indeed that will be awesome

Echo_Trail
November 5, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by DevfrostIndeed. I love this!!!! but question is: Would it be REALLY useful? I mean, what if the bullets dont even go that far.

u mean, what if bullets don't go as far a to 1 screens length at least, or am i getting it wrong?

I'm for the idea.. or for a try-out anyway..
echo out

vash763
November 5, 2005, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by DevfrostIndeed. I love this!!!! but question is: Would it be REALLY useful? I mean, what if the bullets dont even go that far.

u mean, what if bullets don't go as far a to 1 screens length at least, or am i getting it wrong?

echo out

In that case you would simply tone down the scope value, or bump up the speed of the bullet.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:05 pm
Using stuff like this, it would be interesting to see a sniper weapon-mod pop up where there would be a long-distance team-deathmatch or something like that.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 9:22 pm
I have wished, oh so many times, that the ruger had even a short-range scope.

That, and scope has been suggested/inferred/whatever numerous times, so it's about time it got its own topic.

But yeah, scope, along with spas-style reload and DE-style double shots, is a no-brainer when it comes to how to enhance the weapon editor. There's seriously no good reason I've ever heard ("noob" WM servers is not a good reason) for this not to be added. Heck, it's the next logical step for Soldat mods, weapons-wise at least.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 9:35 pm
there should also be the time limit between each shot and when you can use the scope again because has like a 6 second wait until you cna use the scope again

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Echo_Trailquote:Originally posted by DevfrostIndeed. I love this!!!! but question is: Would it be REALLY useful? I mean, what if the bullets dont even go that far.

echo out

In that case you would simply tone down the scope value, or bump up the speed of the bullet.

But would you believe a shotgun can go to the speed of a ruger or aug?

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 2:49 am
Thats why you wouldn't put a scope on a shotgun.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 8:24 am
I'm absolutely for this idea.

And here's a small suggestion: when you fire a Barret while scoping, the camera returns to the player's view to reload. So:

ScopeReturn= 0/1

The above means that if the camera returns to the player's view or not. So, with a fast-firing weapon, this would be off, but with the Barret, it would be on. What do you say?

rabidhamster
November 8, 2005, 10:23 pm
^thank you, oh godly fluffy.

no, i'm not being sarkchastic.

idioto3
November 11, 2005, 1:45 am
If you were to use a scope on any weapon, I'd say make the scope a secondary weapon. When you use the scope, it automatically adds in your primary gun. And since its somewhat unfair (since the weapons are all pretty much ballanced), if you use a primary besides the Barret, then i think that your sight range should be smaller (vertically), like cover up the top and bottom with a black screen... kinda like a wide screen movie look, but smaller. Sound good?

hippieguy
November 23, 2005, 3:15 am
How about when in sniper mode, the sniper line (if you have one) could be labeled with different measurements or such. So on the line you would see a 10, then a 20 and 30 ect. Example:
------10m-----20m-----30m----- Something like that.

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 5:44 am
Hippieguy, I love that idea for the sole reason that it'd give an actual means of visualizing the approximate distance covered in a meter on the screen.

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 6:32 am
yeah.. it'd put a whole new way of measuring in soldat! this could be usefull...
i'm 100% for it!

Tybs
November 23, 2005, 11:34 am
Now why did i never think of that... nice idea hippie. I also like fluffy's idea about the scopereturn... actually, i think it would be nice to use for the barret as well. I just hate it when i see someone coming while being zoomed in, i shoot but miss, and then my sight keeps following the bullet until it hits something or i switch weapon/move backward, making me getting killed in that short period of time. If the screen didnt follow the bullet, i might still have had a chance of dodging...

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 6:16 pm
Oh, and the screen length divided by 50 = actual length of a meter..

Alamo
January 19, 2006, 6:19 pm
A cool idea... Adding it to all guns would be something like 'aiming over the sights'. I like :D

John O
January 19, 2006, 7:12 pm
hmmm... im for it on all guns, but just by a little bit. then if you ar estationary, you have a little bit more seeing distance than the guy running fullspeed across the map. it sounds like a cool addition to realistic at least.

measurements? so long as its not on an actual sniperline. but this does the most for a slowbullet firing weapon- meaning not long range weapons. sounds neat, but i dont see a real reason, even in crazy WM.

Deleted User
January 20, 2006, 6:18 pm
this is useful for "scouting"

you know when an enemy coming and from which direction they are coming..

the scope would be varible, and in default games, only barret would have it.

Deleted User
April 13, 2006, 5:29 pm
Bump :O

jimmy7512
April 13, 2006, 6:25 pm
I don't understand what you mean gimme an example ?