( search forums )
Dual Ingram Mac-10's as new weapon?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 7:26 pm
Hey.. i was wondering what yous all thought of this idea??, I think it'd be really cool, to have a bad ass bad fast shooting gun in soldat.. one that spits bullets like crazy.. heres my idea.

Dual Ingram Mac-10's, 64 shots.. 32 per gun.. it'd be close range.. bullet speed and travel distance between mp5's and spas.. , it'd have bad accuracy (because of closed bolt action) but it would be killer in closed quarters and on groups, Mac-10's fire about 1200 RPM, which is incredibly fast. I think it would add more variety to close range fire fights..rivaling spas, mp5 and D-eagles all in certain aspects.

I think it would be very fun to run through a small passage and mow down 3 unsuspecting soldiers emptying my dual Mac-10's in a bit under 2 seconds of constant fire.. Also these guns would have heavy self bink, but not such bad recoil.

What do yous all think??

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 9:07 pm
Well, you make it sound pretty good. But I think they would be a bit overpowered.

Zegovia
November 4, 2005, 9:16 pm
Sounds fun.

Let the total ammo clip be just 32, since it fires two shots in a go!
And the power would be lesser than the Steyr AUG....

xtishereb
November 4, 2005, 9:42 pm
Couldn't you just mod these in?
There are dual SMG mods out there, in mods like Modern Weapons and Special Operations, so you could base the gfx on those, and mod the weapons.ini.

So, no support, just compaints about this is already possible. And the minigun kinda does this too.
Interseting ideas, though.

numgun
November 4, 2005, 10:00 pm
or u can make 1 ur self and use it as mp5, its quite easy.

Deleted User
November 4, 2005, 10:51 pm
but lets see, only deagles fire 2 at same time.

They only work semiauto

These would be full auto.

.Loki
November 4, 2005, 11:33 pm
Dunno, I think we have enough guns as it is. Definitely enough autos.

IMO, future changes should go into: Map functions, visual enhancements, non-weapon gameplay enhancements (IE, moves like backflip, etc etc).

But yeah, it pretty much sounds like it would be another MP5. Close range with 30 bullets...
I mean, really this is the entire point of (WM) Mode...

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 12:00 am
quote:Originally posted by numgunor u can make 1 ur self and use it as mp5, its quite easy.

yup pics + wm = !woila!

vash763
November 5, 2005, 12:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Sgt. Beaverquote:Originally posted by numgunor u can make 1 ur self and use it as mp5, its quite easy.

yup pics + wm = !woila!

DUAL

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 5:36 pm
that will be owerpovered

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
Hey.. sorry im no programmer... Can't mod anything actually.. I just play the game and kick ass while doing it, haha. as for my idea I don't think it would be over powered seeing they would have horrible accuracy at further then say 5 inches on screen. I think it would be a sweet ass weapon choice for clearing out tunnels and close range group battles...but bad for all else.. they'd just be so fun listening to'em spitting bullets like madness. It would be a short encounter for your enemies at close range unless they connected with a burst of buckshot from the spas.. As for all the stuff yous are talking about im clueless.. im good with computers, but don't mess around with scripts, mods., anything like that. maybe if someone could fill me in a bit??

As for people complaining about spraying all the time.. i think it's a part of the game... I think the dumb people are the ones flying into all the spray..... it's a war bullets will be flying mark my word.. if theres any chance i can inflict some damage to my enemies. so help me bob i will...

you have to change it up.. plan.. think ahead.. if someone sprays over the top of a big hill, and you keep just jetting up over it... who's fault is it that your dying?? yours for not using your head and taking a different route.. or staying on ground while making your way to the summit.

I think it's hilarious that i can sit and spray down an area just for fun.. and guys just keep flying right into it... intelligence be lacking thats for sure... lol

Echo_Trail
November 5, 2005, 10:27 pm
haminator, it would lick balls.. It's simply 2 much! There's a fine balance on the arsenal of weapons, that no one should play with. That is also why all the moddet weapons suck ass! But if u wanna go for it, try out Field Marshal's "Spec Ops Mod!".. it has dual ingrams instead of mp5, and they are pretty [CENSORED]ing cool to use.. try'em out.. ! U won't regret!
echo out

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:04 pm
I think the base weapon set we have is good to stay. Ideas like this would be cool experimentation in weapon-mod though. Set it up and give it a try yourself and see how it goes.

Kaider
November 9, 2005, 6:03 am
I respect all the research and fascination that you have for this gun,and it sounds great,but it just sounds too overpowered for Soldat,and there are already weapon balance issues out there,we wouldn't need this to become one of them.

Henkka
November 12, 2005, 2:33 am
1200 rpm... 64 bullets... basically a minigun that doesn't need "OMG START SPINNING OR I GET KILLED" period?

Close Combat
November 17, 2005, 7:56 pm
NICE IDEA

Echo_Trail
November 17, 2005, 8:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebCouldn't you just mod these in?

it's been done before, and they are fun! But there's really no need for'em to be there..
soldat, as it is, has these weapons because they are all "one-of-a-kind's".. even though 5 of the weapons is fully automatic, they're not alike at all. It'd be a shame to smash this struckture of things, cause it's what makes the game fun. Engaging battle(based on skill ofcourse), has alot to say wether your opponent has spas or AUG fx.
Those small "differences" keeps this game going.!
I vote no on this one..

rabidhamster
November 17, 2005, 9:20 pm
i'll mod the mp5 for you, expect to see it in the partially 1337 mods section in one or two weeks... or something.

hippieguy
November 23, 2005, 3:09 am
Well, how about putting the guns on burst? Or you later in soldat there could be alternate firing sequences.

Alamo
November 23, 2005, 12:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zamorakbut lets see, only deagles fire 2 at same time.
[...]

You could just mod the weapons gfx to display two bullets. They would have the same arc anyway because the muzzles point to the same direction :) Noone would notice the difference. In fact, this has already been done. There's dual SMGs somewhere on the forums.

Echo_Trail
November 23, 2005, 8:24 pm
ppl, it's been done... By Field Marshall in his SpecOps Mod!

Deleted User
November 24, 2005, 2:44 am
Mm, they replace the MP5 quite well.

To be honest, I think these guns should replace the actual MP5 of soldat. Theres 5 autos and they're all rather similar and kind of boring. Having dual Mac-10s / whatever dual autos would bring a new interesting change.

C'mon. Dual automatics, the mp5 is boring, this would rock if they totally replace them. Would also bring some new variety.