( search forums )
Fallen Soldiers (Update!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
February 24, 2003, 1:19 am
Well, this is my first and possibly last map ever for Soldat (sigh) unless I get good reviews or some crap. Well, heres the scenario:

You and your squad's Black Chopper just malfunctioned and crashed into enemy territory. It is your job to keep the squad alive and obtain any valuable information at all costs. Do NOT become Killed In Action.

Its a pretty big map, and there are waypoints. BUT!!! they waypoints suck horribly and recommended shouldnt be used with bots because... well... they're idiots.

There are 3 compatibility types: CTF, DM (any kind), and INF.

I know that this map sucks because it was such a half assed attempt. I'm sorry for people who were faithful followers to my graphically enhanced maps. I apologize once again. I have turned a new tide that is SoldatComics. Enjoy my map guys -=]

----I updated the CTF and INF maps to make it more fair for the blue team. Please redownload if you guys have already downloaded. Sorry for the hassle, guys. Enjoy.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Fallen1.jpg105.21 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Fallen2.jpg93.07 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Fallen_Soldiers.zip93.49 KB

illicyx
February 24, 2003, 1:21 am
Not bad!

Evolution
February 24, 2003, 1:27 am
cool storyline......!
(wow, maps are pouring in fast...)

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
February 24, 2003, 1:29 am
Man, how can you say that this map sucks? I like it man and the black helicopter as well and where in the world did you get that interface? I want it =D

liquidis x snake
February 24, 2003, 1:36 am
lol that interface can be found in the Soldat MAM post (I have no idea where it is)

Evolution
February 24, 2003, 2:03 am
yo liquidis!
nice map dude!
(don't make it your last, make more!)

liquidis x snake
February 24, 2003, 2:13 am
well, ill make more if people like this one ^_^

xXShavoXx
February 24, 2003, 2:23 am
Godamn I love that map. Feels so desolate and unique. MAKE MORE!

Evolution
February 24, 2003, 6:11 am
For your info Kahuna,
you can find that sweet interface at:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=2869
just scroll down. Its a rar file. If you don't have winRAR
download it at www.rarlabs.com
(i use that interface too!)

sauron_the_deceiver
February 24, 2003, 10:00 am
that map looks nice. DOWNLOAD.
and WHAT an interface! must...get...it....

Evolution
February 24, 2003, 3:46 pm
sauron - the link to the interface is
in one of my posts here.
---
x snake?
does this new update fix the
really bad bot waypoints in ctf and inf?
(it was damn screwed!)
---
EDIT
in a newer version, would you put the blue >flag< more visible
in the copter? (makes it easier to see)

liquidis x snake
February 25, 2003, 12:35 am
no it doesnt... lol. it fixes the spawn point. sorry but i just suck hard at waypointing

n2j3
February 25, 2003, 1:29 am
liquidis don't you dare stop making those maps! unless you're asking for compliments of course...
this map is prolly the best you've made imo. it's fun to lose oneself in a map once in a while!

N1nj@
February 25, 2003, 1:38 am
liquids x can i host this map at http://www.nwa.us.tt

liquidis x snake
February 25, 2003, 1:51 am
sure y not, ninj@ -=] i would be very grateful

NightCabbage
February 25, 2003, 7:54 am
hehe, the chopper looks cool :)
I will play it in a sec - I'm sure it will be cool!!

And hah! Nice to see someone using my interface LxS! lol

NightCabbage

Evolution
February 26, 2003, 6:27 am
yeah....LOL
i would make waypoints but i can't seem to
run MapMaker!! check out Official News - Map Maker and Interface....
page 2 (maybe you could ask M or Arcwolf or peple to make your waypoints?)

liquidis x snake
February 26, 2003, 2:44 pm
lol -shrug- its alright. bots arent that big of a deal. oh and by the way, in my first post, this is my first 1.1.x map, not my first soldat map. I have created many many many many many 105b ones. Check them out -=]

n2j3
February 26, 2003, 2:57 pm
Liquidis have you tried converting yr old maps? I'm sure it will be easy for you since you look like a rather skilled map maker... [;)]

.FF.nEcRoTik
February 27, 2003, 1:21 am
Dude, your map is awesome! 8D

shangzung
February 27, 2003, 9:17 pm
The helicopter looks great. But i hate planes or heli just lying somewhere in the air! Great map!

shangzung
February 27, 2003, 9:23 pm
Wow! Although i still can´t make friends with the polygon wasteyard, The level design is fantastic. I Would like to play the inf_version. Im wondering if it was cool. But dude who the hell is going to put waypoints in that map? Wohoo! I wouldn´t!

NightCabbage
February 28, 2003, 2:46 am
I might play around with it later if you want LxS?
Make some waypoints for bots?

NightCabbage

liquidis x snake
February 28, 2003, 3:46 am
sure, go ahead NightCabbage. You're very welcomed to ;D

Evolution
February 28, 2003, 7:13 am
o goodie! waypoints!
post here when you are done nightcabbage!

illicyx
February 28, 2003, 12:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Evolution
o goodie! waypoints!
post here when you are done nightcabbage!

That seems like spam...he is obviously going to post here when he's done it.

Edit

quote:lol illicyx!! spamming to tell someone that they spammed...

One post isn't spam about something that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread...if he is making waypoints, he is obviously going to post the new map.

quote:I know you see no logical point

I thought you had some sense, but that is an opinion powered by the fact that you think everything you say is logical and correct and possibly driven by your dislike for me, or people who are 'mean' or in other words people who point out the truth, whether it seems 'hurtful' or what ever you wish to label it.

quote:illicyx: yeah be nice. its not evolutions fault he is an idiot

Yep, it is. Yet, do not try to put words in my mouth if you are trying to tell me I called him an idiot.

NightCabbage
March 1, 2003, 11:56 am
lol illicyx!! spamming to tell someone that they spammed...

dude, I know you see no logical point, but BE NICE (at least sometimes...)! lol

NightCabbage

xXShavoXx
March 1, 2003, 4:42 pm
lol we don't need hypocracy... sound familiar illicyx? lol ;)

Anyways, I'd play this map without waypoints. I hardly ever play with bots, simply for the fact that they can see you even when your hiding in tons of brush and grash. This is definately one of my favorite maps of all time. GJ Liquidis!

liquidis x snake
March 1, 2003, 5:20 pm
woohoo. alright, alright. i wont quit mapmaking. -=D

sauron_the_deceiver
March 1, 2003, 7:28 pm
yay.

illicyx: yeah be nice. its not evolutions fault he is an idiot

liquidis: looks nice, but those waypoints are REALLY bad. what the hell happened? i have to say that IN MY OPINION its too big. but hey, im stupid.

liquidis x snake
March 1, 2003, 7:32 pm
lol, thx sauron. okay heres the breakdown. i suck at waypoints. ive said it before, even Barbara Streissand can waypoint better than me. I just wasnt made for waypointing lol. As for the size, I made the map for about a minimum 8 people to play in. Yes, it is a tad big if you have less than 8, but its a small price to pay for leveldesign.

NightCabbage
March 2, 2003, 12:32 am
illicyx - oh don't worry I won't bother... You obviously like to think that the whole world is against you and that everyone hate you... Well, I don't! :) So go ahead (and I know you will) go and babble crap about how stupid I am - whatever...
Oh, and BTW, I just see no point in putting other people down for my personal satisfaction (which is what you're doing - seriously think about it)

LxS - I'm working on the waypoints now - for all 3 maps :)
That said - I hate bots! :P lol

NightCabbage

illicyx
March 2, 2003, 12:45 am
No NightCabbage, I don't think the whole world is against me nor do i think everyone hates me, it isn't obvious, you just guessed that. Your also wrong about me 'babbling crap about how stupid I am'. I am not putting anyone down, you just think I am because you are at a sensitivity level at which you think anything that seems offensive or negative, even if it's the truth and wasn't intended to be a personal attack, though it's not. Also, when the did the [:-censored] did I say 'put people down for my personal satisfaction'. NightCabbage, all you are doing is guessing and taking it to be the absolute truth.

liquidis x snake
March 2, 2003, 1:18 am
You're all nuts.

NightCabbage
March 2, 2003, 1:26 am
lol

NightCabbage