( search forums )
Player Validator Script - new fix
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
mar77a
November 5, 2005, 4:21 am
This is Player Validator Script.

What?
-----

This script connects to your server and allows players to register their nicks, so that only they can use it. The hole system works with IP's and flat text files.

What does each file do?
-----------------------

* install.php -> The install script. Creates dirs + other.
* connect.php -> Connects the script to the server. Once you open this page, you can close the browser window, the script will keep running.
* register.php -> This is where the players register their nicks.
* update.php -> This page is where players update their IP's.
* config.inc.php -> Configuration. Make sure you check this on first.

Credits
-------
programming - mar77a

Thanks
------
n00bface
Michal Marcinkowski

New version (A): Supposedly fixes the connection timeout probs plus adds the option to manage several servers with the same DB. Also added admin.php, check readme for some other security reasons fixed and bugs fixed. Download it here.

New version (B): New options added, see config.php. Download it here.

New fix (2): Script can not run twice in the server. Replace connect.php. Download it here.

And remember to check out my site: http://mar77a.llsc.us

bojero
November 5, 2005, 5:38 am
hey, man good idea, but i think it's already been done..

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 7:55 am
phh who cares, great work mar77a, your a leg, when i get botherd enough to have a 24/7 server ill use this

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 8:13 am
quote:Originally posted by bojerohey, man good idea, but i think it's already been done..

Everybody knows that, but this has been requested,
as apparently not everyone likes the nr-service

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 8:53 am
agh, is anything ever original these days...

DePhille
November 5, 2005, 10:04 am
I personally think this is a very good thing.
If a re-make isn't allowed then you should immediately delete Polyworks , Mapmaker Plus and all the extra admin-stuff based on the original Soldat Admin.

This script really is helpful and it approaches the U13SSS , this script is really good people.

Grtz , DePhille

Leo
November 5, 2005, 1:33 pm
It seems I have a problem with this. I run the script, everything works and when you join the server it validates. However after a while it doesn't seem to work anymore.

[code]05-11-05 14:29:24 Admin connected (xx.xx.17.34).
05-11-05 14:34:26 Admin disconnected.
05-11-05 15:04:59 Admin connected (xx.xx.17.34).
05-11-05 15:10:00 Admin disconnected.[/code]

What is happening is this: I run the connect.php and it connects to the server, after a few minutes I get a 404 error at the browser and at the same moment the script disconnect from server. The script disconnect even if I close the browser before the 404 error so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Dark_Noddy
November 5, 2005, 2:16 pm
Umm something like this has been done before by enesce
nice work tho :)

mar77a
November 5, 2005, 2:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by LeoIt seems I have a problem with this. I run the script, everything works and when you join the server it validates. However after a while it doesn't seem to work anymore.

[code]05-11-05 14:29:24 Admin connected (xx.xx.17.34).
05-11-05 14:34:26 Admin disconnected.
05-11-05 15:04:59 Admin connected (xx.xx.17.34).
05-11-05 15:10:00 Admin disconnected.[/code]

What is happening is this: I run the connect.php and it connects to the server, after a few minutes I get a 404 error at the browser and at the same moment the script disconnect from server. The script disconnect even if I close the browser before the 404 error so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Hmn, i guess it has to do with the socket timing out. I'll try and find a fix for this.

EDIT: Check main post.

Leo
November 5, 2005, 3:37 pm
Ok I'll try it and report back. Btw, how I "say" the password to stop the script ? By the command line or what exatly I type ? And how to manage multiply servers from same place ? I now have 3 different folders for 3 servers. Is there another way ?

Edit: Still connected, I think it's ok :)

mar77a
November 5, 2005, 3:48 pm
To stop the script just type the stop password (set in config.inc.php) using the chat key. I would recommend you do something like:
$stoppw = "!stop";

There's a var in config.inc.php:
$datadir = ""; Set it for example to "../data".

This will use the same DB for the 3 servers, so players are registered in all 3 servers at once, but you still have to connect each server using connect.php.

i am ahab
November 5, 2005, 5:08 pm
quote:
agh, is anything ever original these days...

nope.

there is only so much that can be done as an admin though....

Leo
November 10, 2005, 9:01 am
mar77a, can you expand this a little ? For example I would love to see the script checking if the teams are not even, let's say by 2 players or more, and "say" something like "Teams un-even, please even the teams" or something like that. :)

mar77a
November 11, 2005, 12:08 am
Hmn, maybe this could turn into "Server bot manager"...Yesh, ill see what ill do.

Leo
November 11, 2005, 8:28 am
Yeah, something like ARSSE but with no .exe needed :)

m00`
November 14, 2005, 9:43 pm
mar77a is an awsome programmer (he is kick ass and he kicks major ass) ^__^

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2005, 7:03 pm
The only thing that I'm curious to ask about is: how secure is it to use text files for everything? are they encrypted at all? Granted, on a linux system you can just make them not world-readable, but if someone used this on windows, are there any measures taken to prevent someone from accessing the records via http?

----

While it is great to see other people make these nickname protection programs, every time that a new one gets released, it takes away from the others. This particular kind of program is useless when any one of them loses focus.

Having one centralized nickname registration/protection server is more important than having a bunch of separate, good ones.

DePhille
November 16, 2005, 7:07 pm
I agree with the server central.
I think it should be a MySQL database or so , and that the server should consist of some scripts like login etc. so it can be used in apps , like i did with BuddyList.

Grtz , DePhille

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2005, 7:11 pm
At some point in the near future, I think enesce will be reprogramming his NR, and if my life is any less busy than it has been recently, perhaps I will work with him to have it use MySQL and other standard techniques (although the way he does it now is fine, and plenty fast)

Lets stick on topic about mar77a's program in this thread, perhaps overall discussion of the concept is best in another thread, in the Developer's Corner

mar77a
November 27, 2005, 6:02 pm
New version.

Leo
December 13, 2005, 11:43 am
mar77a is it possible to make the script re-connect if server crashes ? My host uses a script that check the server every 2 minutes and if it's down then it restart the server. However the validation script doesn't work anymore then and I have to manually restart it.

mar77a
December 13, 2005, 6:06 pm
Well, yeah, if the connction is closed, the socket is closed too. What is that "other" script you are using to restart your server?

Leo
December 13, 2005, 7:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aWell, yeah, if the connction is closed, the socket is closed too. What is that "other" script you are using to restart your server?

I have no idea, made by selfkill :)

Leo
December 16, 2005, 11:49 am
Any news on this mar77a ? BTW, I tried the new sx4 script and it works fine. Except the files that require the server to be at the same host with script of course.

mar77a
December 16, 2005, 12:55 pm
Hmn, i had forgotten, I will get back to this.

EDIT: Updated, check main post.

Leo
December 16, 2005, 2:55 pm
Something is not right, script disconnects after 5 minutes just like the first version :(

mar77a
December 16, 2005, 3:21 pm
should be fixed, redownload.

shoover
May 14, 2006, 8:31 pm
theres one problem with the script. The fact is really nobody copies other names, so its almost not useful.

Good work though mar