( search forums )
Weapon mods? Pfft.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
November 5, 2005, 7:43 am
1.3 hailed us with the amazing, yet contorversial weapon editor. But alas! Believe or naught, the much saught after weapon editor didn't really cut it in terms of amazing customization. Making bullets explode, 100 round m79s, through the wall flamers, after about two weeks, the WM servers had been quatered and after that, not alot of imagination was used.

THis is why I'm asking for more customization. Most of use have seen the bullets styles, why not add a few crazy things? Laser beams, drunken missiles, bullet repellers and a few other futuristic and stupid bullet kinds. With that said, I think the actual gun use could stand to be changed as well. THe LAW, for example can't be shot from the air. Why not have a spot dedicated to it in the weapon editor, allowing the LAW to be allowed to fire from the air? If that was enabled, then I'd have babies while playing with bots, not to mention the mad fact that you'd be able to have more control over guns. Hate the barret, but still want it on your server? Want to nerf it a bit? Just set the barret, so it can't be fired in the air.

Now with all of that in mind, a few members of this community might say that my WM suggestions are 'too unrealistic' and 'don't fit in with Soldat'. My response to this is, if it ever were to happen and you highly dislike (or hate) it, don't use it. You have full power over your WM servers, should you choose to host or play in one, it's your decision.

It's like taking a condom to a party:
I'd rather have it there and not need it then needing one and not having it.

Vigilante
November 5, 2005, 3:51 pm
Great idea. I like it.

rabidhamster
November 5, 2005, 4:58 pm
meh. i just want the spas reload and the invisible bullets on certain weapons problems to be fixed. although i do agree on:

ShootWhileStanding=
ShootWhileCrouch=
ShootWhileProne=
ShootWhileFalling=

and

[Piss]
Damage=0
FireInterval=1
Ammo=150
ReloadTime=15 (won't matter)
Speed=20
BulletStyle=15 (for piss bullet type)
StartUpTime=70
Bink=-2
MovementAcc=3
ShootWhileStanding=1
ShootWhileCrouch=0
ShootWhileProne=0
ShootWhileFalling=0

after all, who doesn't want piss that kills on contact?

.Loki
November 5, 2005, 8:39 pm
I'm not sure about shooting chili peppers, but it would be nice if the individual traits of weapons were toggleable for all weapons. So you could make all weapons have shotgun-esque pump-action reloading (or make shotgun have clip-reload style), or the barret's zoom ability (and control to which extent you can zoom), or the law's crouch-only option, etc etc.

HOWEVER: This would not stop stupid people from making BAD, BAD weapon mods, just like the ones we have now. Ultimately, no matter how many cool details you put into the Weapon Editor, retards will always [CENSORED] it up by making 100 clip LAWS that fire flaming arrows like shotgun pellets in air, unloading the clip in 1.5 seconds.

I dunno, unless the population of soldat becomes less... ermm... 12 years old, HORRIBLE weapon mods will outnumber good ones 10 to 1 no matter what.

Keron Cyst
November 5, 2005, 9:43 pm
.Loki is absolutely correct. That's why I just ignore all WMs completely.

Chonoryoku
November 5, 2005, 10:01 pm
Huh.. personally, I like those insane weapon mods, and I play on them (sparingly, because they're usually somewhat laggy). This would be even better for the WM feature--100% supported.

Deleted User
November 5, 2005, 10:07 pm
Supported.

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 2:08 am
quote:Originally posted by .Loki
HOWEVER: This would not stop stupid people from making BAD, BAD weapon mods, just like the ones we have now. Ultimately, no matter how many cool details you put into the Weapon Editor, retards will always [CENSORED] it up by making 100 clip LAWS that fire flaming arrows like shotgun pellets in air, unloading the clip in 1.5 seconds.

quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
Now with all of that in mind, a few members of this community might say that my WM suggestions are 'too unrealistic' and 'don't fit in with Soldat'. My response to this is, if it ever were to happen and you highly dislike (or hate) it, don't use it. You have full power over your WM servers, should you choose to host or play in one, it's your decision.

a-4-year-old
November 6, 2005, 2:42 am
SHOOT HAMSTERS FROM LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 9:39 am
Custom sprites :D Anyway, that is true. At first it seemed pretty stupid with all those wm mods around, but apart from that, even I created an explosion mod, which was very fun to play for a few minutes with zombie bots and other crap. But now I see that mostly wm servers are the ones who have weapon attributes of oldest versions. BTW - is there a new patch coming or something?

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:02 pm
Judging by the second reply, this could lead to some disgusting weapon mods. :o

Captain Ben
November 8, 2005, 6:08 am
But, it just adds more customizability...If that's how you spell it.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 7:01 am
i support this just for you ben, id have babys just for you :P, NOW STOP ATTACKING CRUISE LINERS

vash763
November 8, 2005, 8:10 am
I SUPPORT

Yuth
November 10, 2005, 9:34 pm
I would say he should make some uploading stuff for the game.
So that you can upload Gostek-gfx... And some Sfx's.

And he should create something so that we can make our own weapons.
Not just edit on the ones we already have with (WM).

But also upload Weapons-gfx to servers.

(These should be optional on servers)
(If to upload weapons on servers - Or)

If you want everyone joining the server to upload own edited.

rabidhamster
November 10, 2005, 10:09 pm
^that would take too long to join a WM server. how about the weaponnames.txt is downloaded for temporary use, then discarded afterwards?

and cHuT, do you mean my reply? i thought my ideas were pretty solid. and if no one understood my first post, i don't support captain ben's ideas.

flaming piss power!

Yuth
November 10, 2005, 10:24 pm
I don't think it would take any longer than say...
About 5 seconds longer for each player in the server.

So if there are 10 players it would take about one minute.
(But I don't play in servers with over 8 players)

rabidhamster
November 10, 2005, 10:53 pm
^yea but your weapons-gfx folder would get bigger than the windows xp system folder.

Yuth
November 10, 2005, 11:05 pm
Would get bigger ?
No, I was thinking if we only upload the exsisting files.

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:15 am
I'd agree with this if the WM hadn't gone and killed the idea of constructive gameplay and focus on actuall gameplay skills.

kkazican
November 13, 2005, 11:56 pm
Yeah it would be great to move at all and not be able to shoot the barret do to bouncy polygons or awkward angles. Accidentally hit W and not being able to shoot. This idea is brilliant no wonder no one thought of it sooner.

Captain Ben
November 14, 2005, 5:11 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster^that would take too long to join a WM server. how about the weaponnames.txt is downloaded for temporary use, then discarded afterwards?

and cHuT, do you mean my reply? i thought my ideas were pretty solid. and if no one understood my first post, i don't support captain ben's ideas.

flaming piss power!

Okay, sarcasm aside, is there a real reason why you shouldn't have the extra choice? I mean if you don't like WM servers, and nor do you play in your own server with WMs, what's the harm done? Just because there'd be a bit more stuff to screw around with, not to mention what modders such as Papasurf and Field Marshall could do with them.

Deleted User
November 14, 2005, 5:44 am
16500 dmg exploding bananas? NO!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!! Okay maybe.

nfsjunkie91
November 18, 2005, 2:56 am
i think it would be nice, because then you could do some crazy ass stuff. :P i can see it now... everytime you take a piss, a M72 Rocket comes flying out of your pants XD XD XD !! and i think it would be cool to fire stuff shotgun style, but other kinds of fire. Shotgun Flamer, anyone? Custom Sprites would hell-lag, and i would also like to be able to control MAXIMUM RICOCHET ANGLE also, cause then i could have rubber bullets of teh death! Captain Ben, I salute you...r idea. :P

defanatic
November 22, 2005, 2:10 am
I agree with changing the individual properties of the weapons. Like
Shells= (1 reloads like a shotgun, 0 reloads normally)
The 'ShootWhile's suggested
Automatic= (1 yes, 0 no)

And that sort of thing.

Yuth
November 27, 2005, 1:08 am
quote:Originally posted by defanaticI agree with changing the individual properties of the weapons. Like
Shells= (1 reloads like a shotgun, 0 reloads normally)
The 'ShootWhile's suggested
Automatic= (1 yes, 0 no)

And that sort of thing.

*Thumb Up*
And as Captain Ben's first post.
More customization.

Captain Ben
November 27, 2005, 4:31 am
I'd also like to see abullt size, as in '1' means normal, and any number after that makes it bigger. Not as in the bullet's actual size, but as in pushing force, so you could pop a bullet off with a socom and cause another player to shoot across the level.

Veritas
November 27, 2005, 11:39 am
quote:through the wall flamers

Um, they already do that, in Neubaten night flamers pwn everything.