( search forums )
Crash Test Productions presents.....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Muskaman
November 5, 2005, 6:10 pm
I'm just reposting this from another thread so more people can find it (the post is still by me, though), so....

I've been fiddling with making Soldat vids on and off in the last year. I've made 2 of them:
Soldat: Mudvane Music Video, which meets almost all of the requested requirements Swarmer posted above, only thing is, it's not the real Soldat.... not technically. It's Soldat with my Red Death mod v1.1 applied to it (I've got 1.2 running now, much better). The other is a vid (also using Red Death, I don't feel like changing it back, I personally prefer my mod) of a new gametype I've invented myself called Zombies, where I'm armed with a shotgun and pistol going against around 30 Boogie Mans (the chainsaw bot, if you didn't know). I already have Soldat: Zombies up on Putfile, but lately I can't seem to get it to work. I'm also currently uploading (trying to, anyhow) Soldat: Mudvane, but damn Putfile is being , so I dunno.
I'd say they are pretty dang good (they both have higher quality video that Project X, which is sw33t btw) expecially Soldat: Mudvane. Speaking of which, it finally finished uploading, here's the url (I dunno how 2 make links):

http://media.putfile.com/Soldat-Mudvane

Ok, now 4 some quick (it's 2AM, make that REAL quick) info on it to help you understand it better (and understand how much time I spent on it).

*The "Crash Test Productions" intro was done by hand (frame by frame, like 500+) in MsPaint, then slapped together with VirtualDub.
*This vid was filmed back when I had my 500Mhz rig (now have triple that), so some clips are kinda laggy at times.
*For those of you who can, I suggest you watch it at the "original" res... :)
*This was all filmed with Fraps, edited in VirtualDub, then put together in Windows Movie Maker.
*Crash Test Productions is a Machinima (look it up, no time) team I got together a couple years ago, but the Soldat vid is all me fighing against bots (but I still labeled it as part of our collection since I'm part of the team).

If you like it and want me to make a similar vid for the original Soldat (if you really need it that bad) just request it on this thread, cuz I don't wunna bother with anything else right now (nd slp bad).
I really want to hear what you guys think of it, so go watch it!

sande24
November 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
nothing special about that...

a-4-year-old
November 6, 2005, 3:08 am
looking now will edit with comments (btw you should post the filesize so we are not waiting hours for something to load)

editizle: it was... it was... bad. don't kill bots, ever in your videos. whether you have a mod or not really doesn't matter. oh and make some special kills if that is what you want in your movie.

Muskaman
November 6, 2005, 11:07 pm
Look, for one thing, I'm not trying to out-do any of the best vids on here (such as Project X or Soldat Veterans) this is just something I did out of boredom, that's it (I'm more focused on other projects). For another thing, I haven't been online on Soldat in around a year and a half, and that was at school during my free time. I cannot play online period. I'm writing this on my parent's computer (which sucks), MY computer is upstairs, and my parents refuse to run a line up to it, so all I ever do is mess around with bots (and occasionally link up with my little brother and play, but thats it). I'm not gunna spend an insane amount of time on a side-project, I did this in basically 3 hours (everything from recording to finalizing it). The intro sequence is my very old version I did eons ago, so it's not all that good. I've already made 2 more versions that look a lot better. So to make an official reply.....

It's not supposed to be special....

and

Just because it isn't the best, doesn't mean it's total crap... sure, seeing a lot of the good ones and then mine.... not impressed.... but the point is, I'm just trying to be part of the community.... gawd, people.... I think I'll just go back to the RedvsBlue.com forums.... then again, they're even worse.... oh well....