( search forums )
flag pass
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
November 5, 2005, 7:04 pm
this is a small little improvement that asks for better handling of a thrown flag. it should fly the same way a grenade would with full power and the computer should start rendering the free-falling object right when it's thrown (not 2 soldat-meters later). also, make the name of the person back to normal color, not the yellow 'i have the flag' color. that can get confusing...
thnx

Keron Cyst
November 9, 2005, 6:30 pm
The flag is already "free-falling" right when it's thrown; that's how light it weighs.

.Loki
November 10, 2005, 12:05 am
The idea seems sensible enough. Whenever I throw flag, it's hard to judge where will end up. This'd change that around a bit.

Though maybe it shouldn't get thrown exactly the same distance as a full-power nade. Maybe shorter?

zyxstand
November 10, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by .LokiThe idea seems sensible enough. Whenever I throw flag, it's hard to judge where will end up. This'd change that around a bit.

Though maybe it shouldn't get thrown exactly the same distance as a full-power nade. Maybe shorter?

fair enough.

Messiah
November 10, 2005, 5:35 pm
Well apparently the knife is gonna be modified to be like a gernade so the longer you hold the 'throw' down the farther it goes, i also would really like it if the 'flag throw' could be modifed to any button so that it is always Jump + Crouch i suggest 'g'? as a default

zyxstand
November 10, 2005, 9:18 pm
this makes you wonder; why isn't the space bar used for anything...
it'd also be useful to use the left shift as it sits right under the pinky...

.Loki
November 10, 2005, 9:22 pm
Messiah, are you referring to the topic suggesting the knife throw similar to that of a nade? Because that is hardly official word on whether or not something will be implimented.

Oh, and I use my spacebar for nades. But yeah, there should be a flag toss key instead of just up+down. it's really an akward key combination to press in a hurry.

vash763
November 10, 2005, 11:36 pm
Great idea, i hate how i cant see the flag until its a bit away.

And i use space for nades

- Tek -
November 12, 2005, 8:16 am
I was thinking the flag should instantly hook on to your nearest teammater, but that would kill CTF. If you could just teleport the game all the way to your base.

I suppose the only way to get better flag tossing is to remove the lag.