( search forums )
why change?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
.alex.oner.
November 5, 2005, 11:00 pm
once i said in another thread on these forums to post in a forum where 'real' soldat players go, to get their opinions, most of them dont think its even necsasary to change the weapon balance, again.. just because a new version of soldat will be out soon, does it mean the weapons have to change again?? can't other things be changed other then the weps? all 4 replys after the thread was made in tnl forums said to leave it, and this is coming from the 'real' players, the active ones who play soldat many hours daily.. quotes such as: 'Yay for the new version, you are doing a very good job (IF YOU WANT TO RUIN THE GAME)', 'Leave the weapon ballance as it is now! It has never ever been better!', 'you can't make the game better anymore if you don't start allover again. everything is so [CENSORED]ed up...' etc.. cant you see, the people who play soldat, they dont want another [CENSORED]ing weapon balance.. so why cant you just leave it?

just curious.. but im sure other things in soldat could be changed, and not everything focused around the weapon balance..

Kazuki
November 6, 2005, 5:18 am
Well, the real reason for our want to change the weapons again is that it is an opportunity to make the weapons more balanced than they already are. However, if that plan backfires, the blame is on us. So this time, we're letting you guys handle it, somewhat, since most of you said that you'd know better. :)

It's an interesting concept, though. You know, "why fix it if it ain't broke?" Well, "to make it work more efficiently." That's why. :P

Vijchtidoodah
November 6, 2005, 5:19 am
Alex, stop with your elitism. Anybody who plays soldat is a "real" player, you can't just say that everyone else's opinions are [CENSORED].

Chakra`
November 6, 2005, 5:37 am
I'm sure quite a few people are content with the 1.3 balance as it is. We've just yet to hear from them.

Saying 'keep it as it is' is just as much an opinion on balance as changing something, so until we hear from these people, and if they're in the majority, we'll do just that.

Quite simply, those that don't participate in something that is quite official and has the power to change the balance for who knows how long, are those that we can only assume don't care.

We also realise theres other communities out there too than just the 'soldat forums' community, there being many other forums too. Some national, some orientated around leagues, but those people cannot expect us to sift through all these websites to gather their passive opinions, especially without them having tried the modified (and experimental only) balances. We need people to tell us what they think, here. Nothing stopping anyone making an account and ignoring the rest of the forum to tell us what we need to know.

F3nyx
November 6, 2005, 6:07 am
All of my ravings in the various weapon balance threads can be read as pleas to change the weapons as little as possible. I rather enjoyed 1.3 balance.

DeMo
November 6, 2005, 6:09 am
The weapon balance question has been around since the early 1.05b version.
There is obviously something wrong with them because with every new release... the balance is (supposedly) corrected, but the whining continues.

It seems that everytime Michal works to balance 1 weapon, the consequences are that another 2 or 3 weapons get unbalanced.

Ok
November 6, 2005, 6:42 am
Indeed, always inspire for perfection.
Its our human need.

GAMEOVER
November 6, 2005, 7:26 am
They deffinatly need to be changed 1.3 is so much more unbalanced then 1.2.1 I have no idea how the results we have now were made.

Ok
November 8, 2005, 6:40 am
1.3 is MUCH more balanced then 1.2.1, saying otherwise is just being blind to facts and statistics.
I'm not even mentioning opinions which obviously states that 1.2.1 was crap when it came to balance.