( search forums )
DAMN YOU, DIDDY KONG RACING!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 3:54 am
What's the hardest videogame boss you've ever played? Any console, any game.

I'd have to say, either Whiz Pig at the end of Diddy Kong Racing (n64), or that goddamned King Blue at the end of Viewtiful Joe (GCN).

But please, don't turn this into a fanboy epidemic.

warpo
November 6, 2005, 4:04 am
uh elmo's alphabet sea search.....its hard to play with your eyes closed when your trying to prove hes a [CENSORED]head

vash763
November 6, 2005, 4:11 am
pong

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 5:18 am
Egads! Does anyone remember Captain Tsubasa of Streetfighter? He was a toughie.

TheFunktopus
November 6, 2005, 6:10 am
King Bob-Omb, Super Mario 64. Oh yeah. Or maybe King Boo.

Captain Ben
November 6, 2005, 6:37 am
King Bob Omb had me stumped until I realised you weren't meant to throw him off the edge.

LazehBoi
November 6, 2005, 6:54 am
Athena was pretty damned hard in SNK vs Capcom. Then again, that game did kind of suck.

Cookie.
November 6, 2005, 8:46 am
Oh man Diddy kong was great :) I beat that game lol

Hoodlum
November 6, 2005, 3:39 pm
Zelda; The Ocarina of Time.. the dude at the end.

:V

R0L4ND
November 6, 2005, 4:52 pm
Boss at the end of Metal Slug 3.

_Mancer_
November 6, 2005, 5:01 pm
The Ing Emporer: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/589573_20041210_screen055.jpg or the Boost Guardian:[URL] from Metroid Prime 2

SuperKill
November 6, 2005, 5:15 pm
when i was little (like 5? 6?) i just couldnt beat the level 2 boss at Fox Ranger.

paramud
November 6, 2005, 6:21 pm
The Boss on metal gear solid three.
I actually have to get my friend to beat her.

.alex.oner.
November 6, 2005, 6:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by HoodlumZelda; The Ocarina of Time.. the dude at the end.

nub, was piss easy =)

papasurf31
November 6, 2005, 11:15 pm
Braska's Final Aeon on a NSGNCNSNO Final Fantasy X playthrough.

Cookie.
November 7, 2005, 4:32 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.quote:Originally posted by HoodlumZelda; The Ocarina of Time.. the dude at the end.

nub, was piss easy =)

Yes, yes it was lol, the dark link was harder :'(

LazehBoi
November 7, 2005, 5:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.quote:Originally posted by HoodlumZelda; The Ocarina of Time.. the dude at the end.

nub, was piss easy =)

Yes, yes it was lol, the dark link was harder :'(

megaton hammer, mother[CENSORED]er. Do you use it!?

Keron Cyst
November 7, 2005, 5:54 am
Boost Guardian was harder, _Mancer_.

Captain Ben
November 7, 2005, 5:59 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudThe Boss on metal gear solid three.
I actually have to get my friend to beat her.

Lol, Vulcan Raven on very hard in MSG: TTS is like trying to catch a piece of fire coral in your ass hole.

blackdevil0742
November 7, 2005, 8:54 am
Diddy Kong racing.. man I pwan at that game. I can let the NPCs do a whole lap and I still can get 1st.

The hardest boss i'v met is the first one on disc 4 in FF8.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 12:58 pm
...The MP2:E Boost Guardian can be killed in 25 seconds.

The hardest boss fights I've ever seen are Solid Arm from Illusion of Gaia (haven't beaten him), the Omega from Final Fantasy V (did manage to beat him), and then there's Shinn-Ryu of Final Fantasy V (I'll get him someday).

I'll toss in some more when I think of them.

Captain Ben
November 7, 2005, 1:19 pm
Sadly, I never beat DKR.
Another toughie is that centaur lizard thing with the tentacle arm/tongue combo in RE 4. In very hard mode and with little ammo, it took me nearly 3 hours to finally beat it.

Unlucky 13
November 8, 2005, 4:00 am
I'm still stuck getting the silver coins on those last space levels (Spaceport Alpha and the other last one if I remember correctly). I find GETTING to bosses harder than the bosses themselves.

A hard boss...
Oh, Cave Story, where you have to go through the 4 bosses without saving. That was hard until I remebered about the damn life pot.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 4:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat's the hardest videogame boss you've ever played? Any console, any game.

I'd have to say, either Whiz Pig at the end of Diddy Kong Racing (n64), or that goddamned King Blue at the end of Viewtiful Joe (GCN).

can you tell me who wants to hear about some [CENSORED]ty old n64 game?

Dark_Noddy
November 8, 2005, 4:18 pm
hehe the thing under water in FF7 was HARD, before I realized that the amount of mater equipped actually determined the dammage his airial assault did, actually managed to kill him tho :O and then my friend figured out the [CENSORED]... Sad

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 4:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat's the hardest videogame boss you've ever played? Any console, any game.

Can you stop being such a [CENSORED]ing moron instead?

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 4:40 pm
no, you should expect a reaction like this when stupid topics like this are made.

TheFunktopus
November 8, 2005, 5:09 pm
How is this a stupid topic? And how is an old game [CENSORED]ty?

HHH, quick fact, new != good.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 5:10 pm
old != SUCKY!

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 12:28 am
...At any rate, the Nightmare from Metroid Fusion is another tricky boss, although once you get to hang of him he's quite doable. The main problem is that it'll start chasing you around the screen for a seemingly random amount of time, and you have to spacejump around the room to dodge it. The facts that the Nightmare is pretty big, and the room is very small, don't exactly help either.

Another tough boss is the Arsenal at the end of Final Fantasy Legend II; in the final stage of the fight, it uses an attack that ignores defenses and deals a total of 1000 damage randomly throughout your party... and it usually gets to attack first. It uses this attack every round, and when your party has 4 people with HPs that may range from the 500s to the max of 999, you can bet that you're gonna get creamed unless you're extremely careful. Even with all the best equipment, spells, and stats, you can end up in over your head.

Just for the sake of it, though, I'll also mention the easiest boss ever: Kainazzo from Final Fantasy IV. All you have to do is have Tellah cast Lit-3 and he's dead.

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 1:22 am
lol zombie guy in ff7 at cosmo canyon, xpotion and his gone, easiest boss ever :P^-^ :)) (add happy face)

Captain Ben
November 9, 2005, 5:54 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHno, you should expect a reaction like this when stupid topics like this are made.

Just like you got when you took credit for other people's work.

BlackStar
November 9, 2005, 6:58 am
Culex from Super Mario RPG:
http://w-create.com/~bisqwit/nesvideos/smrpg_zpezz.png

This guy took my arse, decorated it with some cilantro, some vegetables maybe, chopped it up, and served it up on a silver platter. I never beat him because I'm not hardcore enough :(

Edit for crappy URL >.>

Soulsnipa
November 9, 2005, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHquote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat's the hardest videogame boss you've ever played? Any console, any game.

obviously you if you came in here stupid ass

Captain Ben
November 9, 2005, 8:49 am
Sprocket, did you even read the whole post, or are you as retarded as I and 99% of this forums think you are?

LazehBoi
November 9, 2005, 12:27 pm
RPGs shouldn't count when it comes to hard bosses. >:(

Soulsnipa
November 9, 2005, 12:38 pm
Jaws in the aztec level of Goldeneye 007 on 00 Agent Mode

O and heres the best one:

Goro or Motaro of Mortal Kombat...cant beat em unless ur cheap

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 3:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Beni'm homosexual

i know..

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 4:12 pm
The elite four on Pokemon Red and Blue were hard :x

SuperKill
November 9, 2005, 4:40 pm
dude, the pokemon games were so f*cking easy that you should be struck by a lightning for even mentioning them.

also - Kintaro from Mortal Kombat 2 was unbeatable.
old versions of MK2 had a bug with Kintaro, you just couldn't beat him. anything you've done was countered by a hit that automatically blocked your hit.

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 4:43 pm
Just coz you spent all your time playing them and got really good :D

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 4:59 pm
RPG bosses can't really be hard since you can easily beat them by leveling up first.

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 6:21 pm
Well it was pretty hard trying to enjoy levelling up. Especially on Pokemon.

Raptor
November 9, 2005, 11:59 pm
Meskalandug and Dalgurak from Blade of Darkness

papasurf31
November 10, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2RPG bosses can't really be hard since you can easily beat them by leveling up first.

The thing about FFX is that you can play through the whole game without leveling up once. That's where the challenge lies. Playing through the entire game at your starting stats.

Captain Ben
November 10, 2005, 5:46 am
quote:Originally posted by HHH
I shouldn't have stolen everyone's work and everyone hates me plus i have a fetish for my mother and everyone hates me, did i mention that already? ah well, i'm annoying and i don't even read the whole topic post, which said post a hard game boss from any game and not only n64, but i'm a stupid [CENSORED]tard, and even though all of you know about me constantly changing accounts because people find out and hate me, you should all worship me for my outrageous stupidity and feel sympathy for norway, because i solely give it a bad name. plus i like simple plan more than nofx and everyone hates me.

Learn to read, ass hat.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 3:54 pm
du e ei neger fitte.

_Mancer_
November 10, 2005, 4:57 pm
Simple plan > NOFX? WTF!!!

b00stA
November 10, 2005, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Simple plan > NOFX? WTF!!!

PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON THE INTERNET????

UNPOSSIBLE!!!!

Dark_Noddy
November 10, 2005, 8:42 pm
Dark Aeon Jojimbo can be kinda hard (FFX) ^^

Raptor
November 11, 2005, 1:44 am
Please everyone stop this mierda of insulting HHH...

...And I though the soldat forums were better.

LazehBoi
November 11, 2005, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Raptor...And I though the soldat forums were better.
What the hell gave you that idea?
Oh yeah. Another boss. Malak in KotOR. He wasn't exactly hard, just time consuming. I ended up using like... 40 life support packs.

.Loki
November 11, 2005, 3:51 am
Super Ghouls and ghosts for SNES. That entire game is a nightmare.

Deleted User
November 11, 2005, 5:56 am
Some of the MGS game's bosses were hard.
lol at Paramud. The Boss is easy! I can kill her with a ciggarette packet. A ciggarette packet!.

The End must be the most annoying boss ever concieved (He's a bloody barretard xD). But once you figure out using the thermal goggles to find his footprints, it's just a matter of having him see you, dodging his shots and then following him before dispensing some hard earned justice (Mosin Nagant: $2000. Sneaking up behind a sniper and making him hold his hands in the air before taking his clothes: Priceless.)

_Mancer_
November 11, 2005, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Simple plan > NOFX? WTF!!!

UNPOSSIBLE!!!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

LazehBoi
November 11, 2005, 12:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Simple plan > NOFX? WTF!!!

UNPOSSIBLE!!!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

It's the trend[CENSORED] mating call!

mata_bun
November 11, 2005, 5:19 pm
Hardest I've ever tried is either Lavos from chrono Trigger or Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts... I didn't beat either of those.

SuperKill
November 11, 2005, 5:32 pm
yea lavos is a pain when you don't know what's the real core.

Raptor
November 11, 2005, 11:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiquote:Originally posted by Raptor...And I though the soldat forums were better.
What the hell gave you that idea?
Oh yeah. Another boss. Malak in KotOR. He wasn't exactly hard, just time consuming. I ended up using like... 40 life support packs.

My mom... Why?

Close Combat
November 11, 2005, 11:30 pm
I say BOWSER in mario 1. no no BILL CLinton in Michael Jacksons moonwalker... he has so many POWER laws that they rush me every time i moon walk the neverland testament.

Deleted User
November 12, 2005, 4:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat's the hardest videogame boss you've ever played? Any console, any game.

Good lord I've never beaten the final boss of DKR! Damn Wiz Pig is friggin cheap...

This also brings back memories of the Game Boy. I remember one game, The Simpsons Bart vs. The Juggernauts. That game was hard as [CENSORED]. I never got past "week one" and theres about SEVEN DAMN WEEKS OF PLAY. :(

Captain Ben
November 13, 2005, 5:04 am
Yeah, with Whiz Pig it didn't help that he started racing as soon as he came up on screen.