( search forums )
Alright..I'm screwed
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
The Geologist
November 6, 2005, 7:25 am
Okay...first off, a bit of explaination. Upon trying to play a new game, I keep getting error messages when the game starts up. Now, I figure "Hey, I might need to update my drivers". I'm running an Nvidia GeForce 2 Ultra. I deleted my Nvidia drivers as well as my display drivers, in what I thought was the correct move before downloading the updates (as explained in their site help section). Well..this didn't help, and now I get the following message each time I try to download the newest or any recent Nvidia XP/2000 graphics driver:

The Nvidia setupprogram could not locate and drivers compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I'm just trying to get back up to speed here, and I'd like to get the latest versions of these drivers possible. In my attempts to correct the problem I'm up to Forceware version 71.89, but I can't update to anything past that. I have direct x 9.0, maybe I need other updates before I can get new Nvidia graphics updates? Can anyone help with this? Many thanks in advance if so.

DeMonIc
November 6, 2005, 8:54 am
If you have Win XP, then it might be a good idea to remove and then insert your graphics card again so the Windows will create the default stuff for it. Now hopefully you'll be able to install the new drivers.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 9:08 am
lol i just had this same problem a few hours ago . if you got msn or aim just tell me it and ill file tran it.

i am ahab
November 6, 2005, 10:18 am
geo 2 words:

SYSTEM RESTORE

then install the new drivers without removing the old ones. works for me.

in other news, anyone been bsod'ing lately with a nv4_main.sys IRQ_NOT_EQUAL error? thats my nvidia driver playing silly monkeys. dammed if i can be arsed to fix it.