( search forums )
Minigun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
vash763
November 6, 2005, 1:02 pm
I just played a whole rotation of maps under the name of Atomic Hype.

Well anyways all i used was the minigun, ya i did pretty well 3rd a couple of times, and 6th most of the others. And all I did was like camp the tunnel in equinox, camp the top route in voland, and camp the hill in viet.

It was pretty fun

Chonoryoku
November 6, 2005, 1:50 pm
If you can get at least 2 others to join your efforts, you can keep the enemy away pretty well--especially on Viet's hill. I did that once on some pub under an anonymous name.

vash763
November 6, 2005, 1:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChonoryokuIf you can get at least 2 others to join your efforts, you can keep the enemy away pretty well--especially on Viet's hill. I did that once on some pub under an anonymous name.

ya that was the other thing, after i started doing it, another guys on my team (Pigeon) started helping me out and we closed down the routes we were on

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 3:15 pm
Camping with miniguns is not wise if you want to keep in good terms with the players. I used the tactic too when I started playing Soldat and... well, got flamed a lot.

.Loki
November 7, 2005, 4:43 pm
Lol....MA - Minigunners Anonymous

Minigun is good if you know how to use it. I'm better with it in DM though, as I usually end up shooting enemies toward our flag in CTF.

I don't get why so many people [CENSORED] about miniguns, especially when a server takes off mini but allows barret. -_-. As far as actually killing someone goes, it's probably the most impractical weapon right next to chainsaw.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:10 pm
There's nothing wrong with the minigun. I think it's the funniest thing in the world when people are good with it. Very good times.

I also do not understand the thing with banning miniguns, but allowing M79/Barret. It just doesn't make sense.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 7:01 pm
The minigun takes way too much practice to use like any other weapon (ie killing people without having to spray or camp and even killing them at close range) for someone too just pick it up.
But thats a good thing, because more than 2 minnigunners in a server gets lame quick and besides, its absolutely hilarious when someone gets really pissed off because your owning them with a gun they think is noobish. :D

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 9:12 pm
There are few things in Soldat that make you feel as good as winning a DM using the minigun.

I find that they're great against barrets, too.

Oh yeah, and once you're cornered by a minigun... You're dead.

Minigun's definitely underrated.

The Geologist
November 7, 2005, 9:28 pm
By camping with a minigun, do you mean sitting in some place and spraying bullets towards the other teams flag/spawns?