( search forums )
Has SPAS changed ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 7:09 pm
Hello. I haven't had much time to play recently, no more than several maps a week.. well, having passed some of my exams I played a bit more again during the weekend.. what I found most amusing was spas..

As far as I remember, spas has never been a one shot weapon, right ? Well, except for some lucky shots.. but now it seems to me that spas users insta-kill their targets just too often, even at mid range..

Is it me having hallucinations or what?

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 7:28 pm
Do you mean from the 1.2--->1.3 thing? If so then, yes.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 7:35 pm
No, I'm not that stupid -)

There was a 'spas era' at the beginning of 1.3 but even then spas wasn't that effective as it seems to me to be now.. I've tried several public servers ( none of them WM ) and most of the spas users I met were.. stronger than a month or two ago.

Maybe I'm just seeing things.. I just wanted to make sure nothing has changed ( including exploits and such things.. ).

STEELIX
November 6, 2005, 7:41 pm
Perhaps you just ran in to some more skilled spassers.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 7:45 pm
Well, I guess if there was anything like a game change, somebody would have answered by now.

Could somebody please lock this topic before people start trashtalking and / or whining for no reason ? Thanks -)

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 7:54 pm
Personally, I can't spas anymore, but that doesn't matter since I never was much of a spaser.

The @venger
November 6, 2005, 8:00 pm
maybe you by accident put your filters on "realistic"?

.Loki
November 6, 2005, 8:04 pm
huh... I've used spas almost since I started playing soldat. Neither before nor after 1.3 have I EVER gotten a 1-hit kill on a full health player. Even with point blank headshots from above. Spas, as far as I know, was and is a 2-3 shot kill.

Of course, is a soldat is at 50-75% health, one-hitters are definitely possible.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 8:14 pm
Avenger> no RS servers, no WM servers.. I'm really not that dumb, I checked these things -))

Loki> Well, that's what I was talking about.. I had full health -))

I also checked my ping ( because I was laggy, I could get shot several times seeing those shots just as one ) but it was okay, too ( 50 and less )

Keron Cyst
November 6, 2005, 10:27 pm
The SPAS has always been able to kill in one shot if you perform DFA. In fact in 1.3 it's weaker.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 11:20 pm
i noticed this too but it's nothing bad

Kaider
November 7, 2005, 2:08 am
I am now suspicious,maybe there are new strategies of spassing going around amongst the spassers.....I'm on the lookout...

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 3:23 am
Maybe im an idiot..... DFA=?

Unlucky 13
November 7, 2005, 5:05 am
Death from Above, so all most bullets hit the head.
I haven't found any difference in the Spas, other than the huge kickback on the weapon now.

Echo_Trail
November 7, 2005, 5:32 am
i used to be all about the spas12, but lately, i don't feel comfortable using it..
I don't think anything changed, i just don't think it's very effective anymore..
don't know why..
echo out

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 5:12 pm
Yeah, spas changed. It's still destructive, and there are more people who use it effectively now.

I use it on small maps myself.

Keron Cyst
November 7, 2005, 6:14 pm
The only things that have changed are that its fire rate has slightly increased (hardly anything) and its pellets have weakened.

You don't even need DFA for a one-shell kill. If you can ram all the pellets into a soldaten (not miss one, every single one hit), no matter where they strike he'll go down (you have to be close for all of them to hit anyways, and the mere speed of the pellets that close rips the foe apart).

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 12:17 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThe only things that have changed are that its fire rate has slightly increased (hardly anything) and its pellets have weakened.

You don't even need DFA for a one-shell kill. If you can ram all the pellets into a soldaten (not miss one, every single one hit), no matter where they strike he'll go down (you have to be close for all of them to hit anyways, and the mere speed of the pellets that close rips the foe apart).

what kind of crazy [CENSORED]ed up spas are you using? I don't think i've ever gotten a 1 hit kill with spas against 100% hp soldat. Even from DFA.. blah, i must test this... I've been using spas for a LONG time.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 12:55 am
It is possible, Loki. Just get very close, and then splat them in the face/neck.

TheRelinquished
November 8, 2005, 4:04 am
First of all, in the face/neck is equivalent to a full on headshot, which is the same as that Death From Above gish mentioned earlier. Just a different angle. And yes, that is possible, but no, it is not a feasible strategy since it basically requires a boat load of luck or a voluntary victim.

As fas as the Spas gaining or losing power recently, it has not. As someone said earlier, it may simply have been that you encountered players of greater skill, since I've found that any weapon can be either ridiculously effective or inneffective based on a player's skill.

I personally have always used the Spas as my main weapon, and the changes from 1.3 have not effected it negatively, IMHO. But others may have been previously flustered by the changes and others could have stepped up and developed new styles of play to adapt to the altered weapon.

I don't think this issue is a big deal to begin with, and it's probably all based on a fluke experience with a couple of expert Spas users.

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 5:21 am
What do you mean by claiming that it has not lost power? Have you not played on 1.2.1 WM servers? Its Damage has been decreased in 1.3.

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 6:31 am
okay, I spent, like, 15 minutes in a room with a boogie man bot doing nothing but pointblank head shots, but no 1 hit kills. Guess they're just not for me. ='(

TheRelinquished
November 9, 2005, 6:57 pm
Keron, I use the term "power" generally. I should have said "effectiveness". The effectiveness of the spas has not changed since 1.2.1, even if it deals slightly less damage.

But it's all dependent upon the player now, isn't it?