( search forums )
I have a slight problem...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Chonoryoku
November 6, 2005, 7:34 pm
Just yesterday, I was playing a game of Soldat and suddenly my monitor turned black for a split second, and when it came back on Soldat had turned to windowed mode. It wasn't really regular windowed mode though--you couldn't see my desktop. Instead, everything around the Soldat window is black. I think this is a problem with my laptop itself--Wolfenstien and Gunz are like this too.

If it helps, I'm using a laptop with multiple monitors on ATi RADEON XPRESS 200M at a screen resolution of 1280 by 768 pixels.

Any solutions? I really hate windowed mode...

i am ahab
November 6, 2005, 9:48 pm
do you have the ati fix enabled in the soldat setup? although i think that was only for the pred and beserk bonus fixes...

you could always set the properties of the soldat.exe to run in 640 x 480 mode? means it resizes your whole screen when u play but puts it back again after...

Chonoryoku
November 9, 2005, 12:16 am
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabdo you have the ati fix enabled in the soldat setup? although i think that was only for the pred and beserk bonus fixes...
Hehe, I don't. That's for super-old ATi graphics cards. This one is top-notch. :>

I'll try what you said about soldat.exe.

i am ahab
November 9, 2005, 11:31 am
ok matey let us know how u get on. i'll check the thread again if it becomes active.

Chonoryoku
November 9, 2005, 7:59 pm
Bah, doesn't work--it's worse, actually. It made my game screen turn black when I tried to enter a game and I had to reinstall. :|

N1nj@
November 10, 2005, 10:12 pm
does the problem occurs if you play in window mode?

Chonoryoku
November 11, 2005, 10:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@does the problem occurs if you play in window mode?
It occurs whether I play in windowed mode or not. If I play fullscreen, I get a black border around my screen. If I play windowed mode, it's... windowed mode. Either way it sucks.

N1nj@
November 12, 2005, 1:12 pm
So the black border/screen doesn't happen when you play in window mode?

Chonoryoku
November 12, 2005, 3:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@So the black border/screen doesn't happen when you play in window mode?
No, it doesn't... why?

Echo_Trail
November 12, 2005, 6:22 pm
strange how soldat never really works on laptops..
try switching of the programs that only laptops use.. like the touchpad running program and such..
hope to help
echo out

Deleted User
November 13, 2005, 1:48 am
Is there any way to adjust your display refresh rate? It may be the change in resolution is funky for your video card, and doesn't fully utilize the screen-size of Soldat.