( search forums )
Furry Polys with P.Works
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Blake7160
November 6, 2005, 10:20 pm
1 After i made my map, compiled and started playing my map, i saw that all the polygons seemed to have grass all over them!?

now my thin pungy-pit spikes are all furry! nooo
[IMAGE]

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
2 There is also quite a few bouncy polygons near the top of my map (and yes, im useing P.Works.) so when im running i just randomly shoot into the air....

(ok i figured my polygons are just too thin so ill redo them)

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

(*cheching FAQ for any info about this*
*adding pictures to post aswell*)

can anyone help?

Vijchtidoodah
November 6, 2005, 10:29 pm
They look fuzzy because they are covered in grass. The texture you use on any given map consists of two things: the actual texture and it's edge. I don't know about polyworks, but in the normal map editor, the edges aren't shown -- and that's what's making your polys look fuzzy.

The bouncy polys are a common problem with any map. I was told that polyworks got rid of that, but I guess it didn't work as well as planned. You'll just have to delete the affected polys, remake them, recompile, and test it out. Rinse. Repeat.

Keron Cyst
November 6, 2005, 10:30 pm
This happened to my first map as well. I never thought much about it; perhaps it has to do with the edge of the texture you're using for the map?...

Blake7160
November 6, 2005, 10:34 pm
Ahh ok cool, thanks for reply.. ill try useing a different texture maybe that'll help.

Blake7160
November 6, 2005, 10:43 pm
Sweet. Both problems solved in a matter of like... 3 minuets? thnx *goes to new map thread*

peemonkey
November 6, 2005, 11:19 pm
or you could go into the soldat config and uncheck the edges option.

Michal
November 10, 2005, 9:31 pm
There is a way to remove edges from polygons, it worked for me in htf_Dusk.

Just place a line polygon along the side that you don't want edges to appear on.
(A line poly is when 2 vertexes of the triangle are on the exact same spot)
It works for normal polygon types, but not for non-colliding ones, it might take some experimenting to get it to work. It took me a while :P

As for poly bugs, they will always be there if the polys are placed badly, Polyworks gets rid of the random bouncyness caused by the poor compile of the original editor.

Deleted User
November 10, 2005, 9:40 pm
Repick you texture or pick one (or even recreate) that has a more appropriate one,
you could also use the texture you want and name it different(so it doesn't screw up when other people will be using you map)
then just color the edge green, so it will appear transparent ingame.