( search forums )
Inf_Titanic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
.Loki
November 6, 2005, 11:38 pm
I made this map for the contest, but it would appear to be too late. I'm not entirely satisfied with the shading on the ice, but it works. Overall, the map was a bit rushed, but turned out better than I expected. Might be sligtly easier for Alpha team. Anywho, I won't bore you any longer, here ya go:

SS:[URL]
DL:[URL](link now includes scenery/textures)

Enjoy. Comment. Kill the person to your left.

BOMB
November 7, 2005, 12:23 am
Looks pretty cool.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 1:32 am
looks [CENSORED]ing awesome but i have no time to play it :P

Norris Scott
November 7, 2005, 1:36 am
Wow, I REALLY like that...just that the ice needs some shading as it looks rather flat like you said, same with the top of the ship...but the playability looks awesome.

papasurf31
November 7, 2005, 8:00 pm
Woah, that looks nice. Good shading on the ice, I like the white's contrast with the dark but minutely detailed hull of the ship. I think the background of the ship could use some shading, like make it darker on the bottom and have soem holes in it where you can see the water flowing in and the ice behind the ship.

Boxo
November 7, 2005, 9:13 pm
That looks nifty. Very original.

The ship could use some more detail, though.

The Geologist
November 7, 2005, 9:31 pm
This should be in the mapping contest instead of Penguin or whatever that map is.

I really like the lower route and how you shaded the lowest portions of the map, and the many routes available are open, yet focused at either end of the map. Rock on man. You better enter the next round and show us more of these skills ;D

Raptor
November 7, 2005, 10:02 pm
OMG! This map is cool, but it would have been better if the ship was completely underwater (like the real one)

Good Job!

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 12:36 am
can't believe I forgot this, but original DL does not include texture or scenery. Updating now for your playing pleasure ;).

Ermm, before I forget, anyone wanna waypoint this badboy? It's something I dread doing until P.works impliments it >.<

Keron Cyst
November 8, 2005, 3:10 am
*is enthusiastic as ever, when actually when typing this self's face is mellow*

I'll wypt. it!!

*dl.* And BTW I darethink PolyWorks is going to have a similar style to it so if you don't get used to it now you might as well forget about it.* I think I'll post some ideas on what to extraly (whoa, "extra" as an adverb xP) implement in the PolyWorks topic in fact.

* - I'm here for that anyways ;-D

EDIT Dude, put the .BMPs in folders, or at least put a Readme saying which goes where. Haven't you downloaded any other third-party maps? See how they organize them all into folders?
Time to guess...

EDIT #2 You do not need ocean.BMP and dark.BMP at all. Just color a blank.BMP the appropriate color and use that. Shall I do that for you?

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 6:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by soldier_playalooks [CENSORED]ing awesome but i have no time to play it :P

offtopic: your avatar is to big i size..

this map is cool and all but you should put in beds and drowned people and stuff:D

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 6:51 pm
quote:EDIT #2 You do not need ocean.BMP and dark.BMP at all. Just color a blank.BMP the appropriate color and use that. Shall I do that for you?

Nah, I'll fix it. The ocean placement is rather specific. I'll fix the zip file too. Heh, first time i actually used winzip to make an archive.

Soulsnipa
November 8, 2005, 7:51 pm
shade and smooth the ice...then u got urself a [CENSORED]ing map

.Loki
November 8, 2005, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa[CENSORED] it if u want me to shade it, ill do it this is a great looking map

no offense or anything, but hell no. MY MAP! Only thing other people can do is waypoint =_-

And you can't have any of my cookie either!

Soulsnipa
November 8, 2005, 8:35 pm
then listen to my suggestions, dont make it too dark but give the edges a tint of blue and not just one solid color...looking closely you did shade it blue, but u need different contrasts. its all one color so u have color shading down, now get depth shading. add darker blues and grays.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 9:35 pm
Very nice Loki. Hope Leo adds it to his INF server.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 11:54 pm
Looks cool, but We don't have all the sceenery or texture

.Loki
November 9, 2005, 2:32 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusLooks cool, but We don't have all the sceenery or texture

All the images I used should be in the zip file. What exactly are you missing?

N1nj@
November 9, 2005, 2:33 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusLooks cool, but We don't have all the sceenery or texture
we do? its all in the zip file

OutofOrder
November 9, 2005, 1:38 pm
looking forward playing this one :D excellent work