( search forums )
Map rotation and server password question
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
GAMEOVER
November 7, 2005, 2:06 am
Currently on our server we have a rotation of select ctf maps for when we open are server up to the public. We also like to play DMs as much as we like ctf how would I add a DM map rotation that will only rotate DM maps when its in DM mode? I wouldnt want a DM map to pop up in a ctf game and vice versa. Here's a screen of how its set now..

[IMAGE]

The second question I have is how do I remove a password for the server so public can enter it? Ive gone into the server control panel and removed the password under Game_Password yet it still needs a password for people to get in.

Thanks for any help.

n00bface
November 7, 2005, 2:11 am
1st question: Restart the server everytime you want to play DM?

2nd question: Changing the soldat.ini while the game is running will always require a server restart, so changing the Game_Password field won't do anything unless you restart the server. You can use the in-game command /password if you are an admin to remove the password, or set a new one.

GAMEOVER
November 7, 2005, 2:54 am
1st question: Can I add DM maps under the ctf maps that you see without a DM map poping up in a ctf game?

2nd question: What is the in game command to remove a password on a server? Just /password nothing else?

n00bface
November 7, 2005, 3:35 am
1st question: No.

2nd question: yes, just /password, nothing else. You might have to add a space after it.

PureGrain
November 7, 2005, 4:01 am
GO.. what are you doing removing the password? :P

GAMEOVER
November 7, 2005, 4:31 am
Well we usually have people come in for clan wars or matches or w/e and THEN put the password on it just so everyone gets there easyer.