( search forums )
riot
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 6:06 am
//www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051106/riots_france_051106/20051106%3Fhub%3DCTVNewsAt11&cid=1102226589

dammmmmmmmmm

The Geologist
November 7, 2005, 6:24 am
You can't even spell riot.

On a topic related note, yes...these riots are absolutely nuts. This type of reaction, aside from MISSING THE POINT ENTIRELY, does NOTHING to address the issue of why the riots even started in the first place. Just a bunch of idiots looking to burn stuff.

Cookie.
November 7, 2005, 6:37 am
I thought they started because the police tear gassed a mosque for no reason, but are also a result from the poor housing conditions and unemployment for immigrants

Captain Ben
November 7, 2005, 6:41 am
What is this, the eleventh day that these have been going on?

The Geologist
November 7, 2005, 7:07 am
I thought they started because of two teens who were electrocuted while hiding in a power station after running from the police. If this is the case, why start riots to burn the property and posessions of innocent people who have NOTHING to do with the CAUSE of the damn thing you're rioting for. I swear, there are some stupid f*cks out there. They'll grasp the slightest excuse to go out and break stuff, burn things, riot, and act like they're in the right. It's too bad they don't realize they're doing more damange than the problem they're rioting against.

If you want to riot or act out, at least do it against the police and the cops who ACTUALLY WERE INVOLVED. I'm not preaching revenge, but rioting and burning up half of France and endangering so many people is just useless, needless, and retarded to the tenth power.

Vijchtidoodah
November 7, 2005, 7:26 am
Meanwhile, some schmuck in England tried to burn down a police station because his favorite team lost a soccer game.

Cookie.
November 7, 2005, 5:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahMeanwhile, some schmuck in England tried to burn down a police station because his favorite team lost a soccer game.

Lol

lithium
November 7, 2005, 5:51 pm
I just read that article on fark.com...scary stuff. People will take any excuse to burn [CENSORED].

Cookie.
November 7, 2005, 6:21 pm
Lol FARKER!!!

damnnation
November 7, 2005, 7:00 pm
omg...a friend of me is going to paris in 3days...

?
November 7, 2005, 7:37 pm
I like to burn stuff, but I onyl burn my things, not other people's stuff.

Melba
November 7, 2005, 8:47 pm
Two men who were running from the police hid in a some kind of generator room/station and got fried.
YES LETS BLAME THE COPS FOR THAT AFTER ALL THEY DID CHASE THEM AND FORCED THEM TO HIDE IN THE STUPIDEST PLACE EVER.

peemonkey
November 7, 2005, 8:57 pm
then it turned to some race [CENSORED] then some housing [CENSORED]. next it'll be anti-Mr.Clean, that dirty rotten nazi.

Deleted User
November 7, 2005, 10:58 pm
why were you at a canadian site?

frogboy
November 8, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistI thought they started because of two teens who were electrocuted while hiding in a power station after running from the police.
I recall something like that happening down here a few months ago... there were riots in the west of Sydney somewhere over two people there crashing a car after being chased by police.

Cookie.
November 8, 2005, 5:16 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoowhy were you at a canadian site?

Because Canadians tell it like it is dawg!

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 5:31 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoowhy were you at a canadian site?

It was a google site and I saw it from g mail.

Captain Ben
November 8, 2005, 6:02 am
On some Island in Australian waters, police were chasing a convict, and beat him to death. Not surprisingly, there was an uproar, even after justicer had been dealt, but the islanders still attacked the police station and caused overall chaos! Then, after the riots, they damanded and apology! WTF?!!

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 12:13 pm
yay?

STEELIX
November 8, 2005, 1:47 pm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/
La Haine.

karmazon
November 8, 2005, 11:54 pm
It looks more like a revolution without a goal

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 12:02 am
And people say Americans have problems.

Vijchtidoodah
November 9, 2005, 12:38 am
Actually, people generally don't unless you prompt them. Thank you for propagating stereotypes by suggestion.

Deleted User
November 9, 2005, 1:15 am
there wastoo in sydney,the redfern riot that occured due to a child being impaled on a fence while running from the police. its those damn aboriginals.
then there wasthe riot frogboy is talking about were the family and friends blamed police for there son crashing while he was drink driving, and speeding at 60 km over the speed limit.

Cookie.
November 9, 2005, 1:22 am
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaAnd people say Americans have problems.

Americans do have problems :\

The Geologist
November 9, 2005, 1:33 am
Just like ever other nation/people on the face of the earth. Focus on France.

Cookie.
November 9, 2005, 8:34 am
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,16518,1637465,00.html

o_O

Aegis
November 9, 2005, 11:03 pm
France is getting owned by Arabic and North African immigrants, the majority of which are muslim. The fact they are doing it over two kids who were stupid enough to 1. Run from the Police and 2. Hide in a HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUBSTATION is just silly. :(

STEELIX
November 10, 2005, 4:55 pm
I'd be careful hinting things like that to be caused by one group of people only, Aegis.

b00stA
November 10, 2005, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by AegisFrance is getting owned by Arabic and North African immigrants, the majority of which are muslim. The fact they are doing it over two kids who were stupid enough to 1. Run from the Police and 2. Hide in a HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUBSTATION is just silly. :(

That's not the reason, it's one of many.